Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should parliament vote to suspend post office closures?
Yes 22 75.86%
No 7 24.14%
Don't know 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2008, 10:32   #181
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Post Office Closures

Well Cyfr mate i think GJ has made you a wonderful offer, ya can meet up with him n go round the ward etc etc, if you do, you will have a great oppertunity to come back here n tell the truth as you have seen it. have ya got the gumption?
Old 22-03-2008, 11:17   #182
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well Cyfr mate i think GJ has made you a wonderful offer, ya can meet up with him n go round the ward etc etc, if you do, you will have a great oppertunity to come back here n tell the truth as you have seen it. have ya got the gumption?
That is cashy if GJ only shows him what HE wants him to see
Old 22-03-2008, 11:22   #183
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That is cashy if GJ only shows him what HE wants him to see
Get the feeling that Cyfr too will only see what he wants to see.

Worries me that as a student of politics he appears to be very narrow in his views and not looking at all aspects of this subject, which I would expect any student to do, then make your mind up which way you swing.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 11:30   #184
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I know!!

Didn't leave ebnough time to make breakfast!!!
Help I'm in deep shock, send for the doctor, GJ has used a smiley, well not one but fifteen, I'm going to lay down in a dark room for the afternoon to recuperate
Old 22-03-2008, 11:33   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Help I'm in deep shock, send for the doctor, GJ has used a smiley, well not one but fifteen, I'm going to lay down in a dark room for the afternoon to recuperate
Thought you were going to try to be nice that didn't last long Mr J

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 11:53   #186
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Worries me that as a student of politics he appears to be very narrow in his views and not looking at all aspects of this subject, which I would expect any student to do, then make your mind up which way you swing.
know what ya mean kate, my view is - it will never happen! it would be nice to be wrong though in this instance.
Old 22-03-2008, 11:59   #187

Quote:
Democracy is about freedom of speech and freedom to choose. If other Councillors came on and the debate was opened up, I think it would make for a better Hyndburn.

I spoke with Cashman in Sydney St club and I admitted if people have Conservative views when I am out canvassing, I don't encourage them to vote for me. I tell them to vote Conservative and I have even told them why they should vote Conservative. That's just being honest and helping them represent their views. I wouldn't be able accept when I got home that someone had voted for me because I had managed to pull the wool over their eye's. That's not me.

Well thats fair play. I dont class myself as strict conservative or strict labour. I try and listen to both points of view and decide which I agree with, however the post office closure is only one point, and one that doesnt really affect me personally.

What I didnt like was the way that you apeared to answer or single out one person, whether or not other people had commented. I have a vote, and so I have a voice, even if just a little one. However the above post has eliminated that somewhat
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 12:01   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC View Post
Before the hate mail I just want to apologise to onlyme that last post was slightly b*tchy and I didn't intend for it to come across that way
Lol, if you have hate mail, it hasnt originated from me. Add its undecided voters like me that are the people that need to be swayed to make a difference. Die hard party supporters will very rarely be changed

I think perhaps I am out of my depth on this post, as I dont have die hard beliefs, so i'll rid myself lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 13:49   #189
God Member

Quote:
Some are finished some are not because of partnerships and complexity. We will bring them forward in good time. Many have already been rejected by the Tories such as more enforcement officers.
Then if you don't even know yourself how can you set a 2% budget? I still don't know what the 40 things are never mind the costs.

Quote:
Just shows how naive you are Cyfr. What Clr britcliffe did was merge County Council's 3% and District's 5% to say he was bringing a Council Tax of 3.7%. You have been had son. One of the oldest tricks in the books.
So you're trying to have everyone in the borough by NOT including the county council tax rise? I think Britcliffe has done good by including it, it shows the full cost people will be paying, no hidden taxes.

I can't argue with the whole history, I haven't been apart of the council to counter argue or even know if you're telling the whole story, but you seem to claim the council is incompetent, yet they're rated excellent by an independent board.

Additionally, you mention spending the £500k in order to fund your low tax, well thats just the complete wrong way about it. Save when the times are good, to use when the times are not so good. The times could get much worse than they are now economically, don't be so irresponsible.

Quote:
Your a very confused easily influence young man who is entitled to his opinion but whose opinions are very dangerous because they contain less than 5% of the truth.

You do not represent anyone but yourself. The ordinary person never voted for you. Weird and wacky people often in desperation claim the title of 'people's champion'. To be that Cyfr you need to go to the ballot box.

You promote idea that I am stupid, corrupt, and other slur's. Politics of desperation. Come to Peel Ward, open you eye's, I'll take you around. If your honest enough you'll take up the offer.
That’s an interesting proposition, may I ask what would be the purpose of going around Peel Ward?

Last edited by andrewb; 22-03-2008 at 13:54.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 14:10   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Then if you don't even know yourself how can you set a 2% budget? I still don't know what the 40 things are never mind the costs.

So you're trying to have everyone in the borough by NOT including the county council tax rise? I think Britcliffe has done good by including it, it shows the full cost people will be paying, no hidden taxes.

I can't argue with the whole history, I haven't been apart of the council to counter argue or even know if you're telling the whole story, but you seem to claim the council is incompetent, yet they're rated excellent by an independent board.

Additionally, you mention spending the £500k in order to fund your low tax, well thats just the complete wrong way about it. Save when the times are good, to use when the times are not so good. The times could get much worse than they are now economically, don't be so irresponsible.

That’s an interesting proposition, may I ask what would be the purpose of going around Peel Ward?
You're getting as bad as him with your OTT posting.

Again the politicians of the forum alienate everyone with their own little tiff. So often you both talk about changing politics and letting people stand by their political beliefs and yet you fight so strongly to win us.

You're both as bad as each other
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 14:14   #191
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

What issues am I not addressing? Where exactly have I been narrow minded, other than having an opinion after looking at the matter?
Old 22-03-2008, 14:15   #192
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
You're getting as bad as him with your OTT posting.

Again the politicians of the forum alienate everyone with their own little tiff. So often you both talk about changing politics and letting people stand by their political beliefs and yet you fight so strongly to win us.

You're both as bad as each other
I didn't think three short paragraphs and two one liners was too much, I tried to cut it down as much as possible but wasn't exactly easy given the post I had to reply to.
Old 22-03-2008, 14:22   #193
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
I didn't think three short paragraphs and two one liners was too much, I tried to cut it down as much as possible but wasn't exactly easy given the post I had to reply to.
Why do you have to reply to him though? Surely the public ignore Labour MP's all the time, otherwise why would they vote for them? It's not like they ever tell the truth about anything
Old 22-03-2008, 14:24   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Why do you have to reply to him though? Surely the public ignore Labour MP's all the time, otherwise why would they vote for them? It's not like they ever tell the truth about anything
cos the offer was made to him, its called "Good Form"
Old 22-03-2008, 14:28   #195
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
cos the offer was made to him, its called "Good Form"
I think Cyfr takes everything to heart an his biggest weakness is showing that he cares too much about what he believes. Letting his guard down really, and like Katex, I agree that he is a bit too small minded sometimes to step away from Conservative ideology and look at it from a realistic point of view.

The Conservatives are saying keep open the Post Offices so they win votes, not because it's the correct decision economically. He's saying sell stuff in post offices and yet most do an they're still shutting down. I just don't think its the answer and so I am happy to go against my Tory side and be realistic.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..