Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2009, 11:20   #16
God Member

Re: Potholes in Baxenden

oh deary me
Old 25-01-2009, 11:23   #17
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device this just goes to show why you never see any woman taxi drivers and why woman should be at home doing the dishes and washing
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 11:27   #18
God Member

deary deary me
Old 25-01-2009, 11:32   #19
God Member

I once damaged a tyre, wheel and suspension in a hole on a road in Blackburn
When a hole is full of water it looks like a small puddle
It do not drive/swerve to avoid puddles

Last edited by MargaretR; 25-01-2009 at 11:34.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 11:34   #20

I drive up and down Manchester rd Daily and not noticed the pot holes
are they near Aliance st? on my way out now so will take noticeif rd is quiet you want a pic of this pothole
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 11:34   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I do not drive to avoid puddles
so your the person who ran over my neighbours cat puddles

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 12:42   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
I drive up and down Manchester rd Daily and not noticed the pot holes
are they near Aliance st? on my way out now so will take noticeif rd is quiet you want a pic of this pothole

ok so you've probably gone by now Polly, they are on your left going towards Hollands, just before you get to the sign that says Baxenden(the one you see coming the other way), shortly after the tyre place
Old 25-01-2009, 15:46   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
ok so you've probably gone by now Polly, they are on your left going towards Hollands, just before you get to the sign that says Baxenden(the one you see coming the other way), shortly after the tyre place
know where you mean now will try and getacouple of pics for you
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 19:04   #24
God Member

i doubt mi sis would be able to prove anything now though, she already replaced the tyre
Old 25-01-2009, 20:41   #25

Can I ask one thing....please spell check your posts...its really annoying.

P.s stop moaning...and claim off the council...they will never fix the mistakes if you don't point it out...a tyre costs a lot of money...money they should have spent to fix the potholes...and then this post would never have existed!!!
Old 25-01-2009, 20:44   #26

Not you stop moaning Flashy...the other geezer...whats his face...erm I forgot...
Old 26-01-2009, 08:03   #27
God Member

she'll certainly report it to the council, she isnt bothered about compensation for the tyre though
Old 26-01-2009, 08:20   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylee View Post
Can I ask one thing....please spell check your posts...its really annoying.
Heh, 6 posts into your life on accyweb and you are wingeing about spelling...

If I was you I'd get used to it as you will never stop people spelling things incorrectly. Its an informal forum at teh end of teh day, spelling isn't THAT important as long as teh content is valid.

PS, BTW I was going to go back and change all the 'teh's' above but if you search round you will find its a quirk of my brain that I will more often than not spell it that way. I guess its just one of those things.....

UPDATE- Oooo, All my the's have been corrected!!!!!!!!! - I demand my t e h 's bacK!!!! Its what makes me ME!!!

As for the Potholes themselves, I nearly hit them this morning. At 6 am in the dark etc they are quite hard to spot unless you are critically examining the road surface in which case you aren't looking where you are going properly and are likley to end up running into someone/thing.

I'll be ringing teh council up myself later to make sure they do something ASAP.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Last edited by entwisi; 26-01-2009 at 08:24.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 08:24   #29
God Member

thankyou very much for that Ian, it would be much appreciated
Old 26-01-2009, 09:04   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
UPDATE- Oooo, All my the's have been corrected!!!!!!!!! - I demand my t e h 's bacK!!!! Its what makes me ME!!!

Looks like someone has fixed your brain for you - well on here anyway

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..