Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2009, 10:33   #1
God Member

Angry Potholes in Baxenden

Me and mi sis where on our way through Baxenden yesterday in her new car, there was an ambulance coming the other way so she swerved to get out the way only to encounter two of the largest potholes i've ever seen...they must have been at least half a metre in width and quite a few inches deep, two of them in the road just BEFORE you get to the 'no mans land' bit between Bash and Hollands pies...we ended up with a knackered tyre thanx to them and had to go buy a whole new tyre

has anyone else encountered these huge craters yet?
Old 25-01-2009, 10:54   #2
God Member

Re: Potholes in Baxenden

get back up with a camera and tape measure before teh council can fill it in and send them teh bill , i think roads are covered by lancashire county council but get your evidence before reporting it or they will fill it in and say what hole ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 10:57   #3
God Member

yeah you told me this on the phone last night accyman, its an extremely busy road, you go and do it lol
Old 25-01-2009, 10:59   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

lol that was really good input
Old 25-01-2009, 10:59   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
yeah you told me this on the phone last night accyman, its an extremely busy road, you go and do it lol
its quieter at night ya dope and if you cant hear a bus coming up that hill then get a hearing aid lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 25-01-2009, 11:00   #6
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device if you were cocnetrateing on the road enough you would not of had to swerve out of the way! Whats to say the potholes could have been a child! And reply to the 2nd posw This is the american mentality SUE SUE SUE!!!!!
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 11:01   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
its quieter at night ya dope and if you cant hear a bus coming up that hill then get a hearing aid lol

mi sis (ya know the one) broke her toe late last night so she cant drive now lol, like i said, you do it
Old 25-01-2009, 11:03   #8
God Member

so your telling me you have never ever had to move out of the way for an ambulance?
an ambulance with no sirens, just the lights on?
Old 25-01-2009, 11:06   #9
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device yeh but i have never swerve out the way because i have been concetrateing on the road enough to move out of the way safely avoiding all hazards to my car and people!
Old 25-01-2009, 11:09   #10
God Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device yeh but i have never swerve out the way because i have been concetrateing on the road enough to move out of the way safely avoiding all hazards to my car and people!

tut

we where going UP Manchester road, cars infront of you, ambulance coming DOWN Manchester road

you try avoiding an ambulance like that without swerving, you pratt
Old 25-01-2009, 11:10   #11
God Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device if you were cocnetrateing on the road enough you would not of had to swerve out of the way! Whats to say the potholes could have been a child! And reply to the 2nd posw This is the american mentality SUE SUE SUE!!!!!
big difference between a hole in the road and a child thats 3ft - 5ft tall and moving and if you cant tell the difference between a pot hole and a child then perhaps its you who needs to examine his driving ability

as far as i am aware hitting a pothole wont fail your driving test where as hitting a child would

take no notice flashy , unfortunatly over the years computers and the internet have become more easily accesable which although a good thing has sadly left it easier for simpletons to use as well

Old 25-01-2009, 11:12   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
big difference between a hole in the road and a child thats 3ft - 5ft tall and moving and if you cant tell the difference between a pot hole and a child then perhaps its you who needs to examine his driving ability

as far as i am aware hitting a pothole wont fail your driving test where as hitting a child would

take no notice flashy , unfortunatly over the years computers and the internet have become more easily accesable which although a good thing has sadly left it easier for simpletons to use as well

i think he's forgot what this thread is all about...POTHOLES
Old 25-01-2009, 11:14   #13
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device manchester road is quite a big road and if other cars infront are moveing out the way than wouldnt you hav noticed this and done the same without haveing to swerve
Old 25-01-2009, 11:15   #14
God Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device manchester road is quite a big road and if other cars infront are moveing out the way than wouldnt you hav noticed this and done the same without haveing to swerve
POTHOLES
Old 25-01-2009, 11:18   #15
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device if they where as big as you say wouldnt you of noticed them and missed them!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..