Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 12:58   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Ppi

Ok then here`s the link to ppi section.
Payment Protection Insurance (PPI))
There`s lots of good advice on that forum for allsorts of things like reclaiming bank/credit card charges and how best to deal with debt collection agencies etc.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2013, 17:19   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Paris scooped a decent sum off em about 18 months ago, using a firm that contacted us whilst in Preston, Took about 9-12 months as i recall, Funny thing though whilst this was going on, we were in her bank n they offered her a sum of money to do it fer her, We declined saying she had n ongoing claim, They said they would take oer if we wanted, NO was our answer, When it was eventually paid, the amount she got was TWICE as much as her bank had offered, so just be warned n weigh up if yer going down the PPI route.
I did it on my own, Cashy, it took 5 minutes of my time and only took less than 4 months, and nobody had it away with any commission either
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:33   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I did it on my own, Cashy, it took 5 minutes of my time and only took less than 4 months, and nobody had it away with any commission either
They aren`t all that co-operative though Jaysay. With my claim, I had to write letter after letter for 3 months, all of which just got ignored hoping you`ll get fed up, Then you have to go to Financial Ombudsman.
Still worth doing though. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
Old 02-05-2013, 18:06   #19
Senior Member+

Also Jaysay, are you sure that you been re-paid in full, have you checked statements etc. Did you know you are also entitled to interest on top of the money you paid ( 8% if I remember correctly ).
Old 02-05-2013, 18:10   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Paris got double what the bank were offering,after commision was deducted, so don't be so sure yeh got a better deal.
Old 02-05-2013, 18:10   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
They aren`t all that co-operative though Jaysay. With my claim, I had to write letter after letter for 3 months, all of which just got ignored hoping you`ll get fed up, Then you have to go to Financial Ombudsman.
Still worth doing though. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
I was thinking about that Mr G. maybe mine came through so quickly because I've never paid one penny of interest on my credid card ever, I always pay it in full every month, and I do use it too, very rarely there is £0.00 on my monthly statement. Could it be that they could see that this insurance wasn't necessary and I shouldn't have been paying it, mind you for what ever reason thank you thank you LLOYDSTSB
Old 02-05-2013, 18:11   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I was thinking about that Mr G. maybe mine came through so quickly because I've never paid one penny of interest on my credid card ever, I always pay it in full every month, and I do use it too, very rarely there is £0.00 on my monthly statement. Could it be that they could see that this insurance wasn't necessary and I shouldn't have been paying it, mind you for what ever reason thank you thank you LLOYDSTSB
Thats who offered Paris half.
Old 02-05-2013, 18:21   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
The interest I`m talking about is what they owe you for having your money in their bank account.
You charge them 8% on your PPI payments.
I paid £28/month PPI payments, so i`m claiming back £28/month + 8%
On the forum I put a link to, along with template letters, there is a claim spreadsheet that works it all out for you.
If you don`t have the statements, you can send off a SAR, costs £10 and you will get everything you need to check what they owe.
Old 02-05-2013, 18:27   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The interest I`m talking about is what they owe you for having your money in their bank account.
You charge them 8% on your PPI payments.
I paid £28/month PPI payments, so i`m claiming back £28/month + 8%
On the forum I put a link to, along with template letters, there is a claim spreadsheet that works it all out for you.
If you don`t have the statements, you can send off a SAR, costs £10 and you will get everything you need to check what they owe.
You've got me interested now Mr. G. think I might just follow this up a bit further, they have seemed to settle my account without too much prodding from me
Old 02-05-2013, 18:46   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
You've got me interested now Mr. G. think I might just follow this up a bit further, they have seemed to settle my account without too much prodding from me
I know I don`t know you Jaysay, but from what I`ve read on here about you, they will probably have seen that it`s an open and shut case regarding whether the PPI was mis-sold, so will probably have thought, give him something before he looks into it too much and we have to give him more.
All guess work though, until you get your statements & calculator out and add up all you`ve paid.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know I don`t know you Jaysay, but from what I`ve read on here about you, they will probably have seen that it`s an open and shut case regarding whether the PPI was mis-sold, so will probably have thought, give him something before he looks into it too much and we have to give him more.
All guess work though, until you get your statements & calculator out and add up all you`ve paid.
Well after what's been said on here about this you could well be right Mr. G. so I will take it further. I never actually gave it a thought until I was getting documents ready for the shredder and the other half questioned what the payment was far, with it being in place ever since I've had the card never seemed to ring any bells, but glad I followed it up now.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34   #27
Senior Member+

I was getting excited about all this PPI thing and hoping for a bit of holiday money coming my way.
I rang the Credit card help line and it seems that I never paid any PPI I won't be getting a wind fall.

Thanks Jaysay for getting my hopes up only to get shot down again.
How about a share of yours?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I was getting excited about all this PPI thing and hoping for a bit of holiday money coming my way.
I rang the Credit card help line and it seems that I never paid any PPI I won't be getting a wind fall.

Share of mine Its already been spent, my youngest daughter is getting married a week on Sunday
Old 03-05-2013, 09:53   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

It`s not just a case of, I`ve been paying PPI so I want it back, it has to have been mis-sold.
In my case, I went 5 years paying car finance, got to the end of it and cancelled direct debit, a few weeks later I got a letter saying I still owed some money and when I queried it, it was the last payment of PPI. I`d never agreed to take out PPI as it wouldn`t be suitable for me in my circumstances and when they sent me a copy of the paperwork, the boxes agreeing to it had been ticked by someone else.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Share of mine Its already been spent, my youngest daughter is getting married a week on Sunday
Your payment couldn't have come at a better time John,
Have a good day and pass my best wishes onto the happy couple.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..