Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18   #1
Resting in Peace

Talking Ppi

Well I think we've all been inundated with our friends from the sub-continent called John, Jack, Simon, Fred, Julie and Diana trying to tell us about PPI, So with all this prodding my Daughter gave me a phone number to ring where I could claim back the PPI payments on my Credit Card which I always thought were mandatory. I rang the number about reclaiming this cash back, they asked me a couple of questions asked me why I was making the claim, I just said never asked for it never wanted it, that's all I said, this was a few months ago, hadn't heard anything since. I went on line to my account this morning and thought it looked a bit top heavy, until I notice I'd had a refund under PPI of £543 -19p jaysays a happy bunny
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2013, 10:33   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Ppi

Excuse my ignorance John but what are/is PPI payments?
I have a credit card which is always cleared at the month end and have never hear about this payment.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39   #3
Senior Member+

I`ve had a claim in for 18 months now, still with FOS.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I have a credit card which is always cleared at the month end and have never hear about this payment.
Gremlin obviously never watches commercial T.V. or has ever listened to commercial radio!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Even if you pay your card of like I have always gone there was always payment protection insurance tagged on the end depending on how much is on the bill, could be pounds could be pence, that's what I claimed back Gremlin
Old 02-05-2013, 10:48   #6
God Member

I am surprised that Jaysay was naive enough to sign up to this Payment Protection Insurance - since it protects credit card debt from results of unemployment. He has been sick (not employed) for donkeys years.

PS It was optional

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:49   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I`ve had a claim in for 18 months now, still with FOS.
Put my claim in in Jan Mr. G. payment was made last week but never had any paper work what-so
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am surprised that Jaysay was naive enough to sign up to this Payment Protection Insurance - since it protects credit card debt from results of unemployment. He has been sick (not employed) for donkeys years.

PS It was optional
Never knew anything about it Margaret, was never told about it when I took it out, mind you I was employed when I did take it out in the first place, maybe that's it.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Put my claim in in Jan Mr. G. payment was made last week but never had any paper work what-so
Some places just pay up for obvious mis-selling, others just ignore you hoping you`ll go away. After 3 months, you can then put your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which is where I am at now, but even when you get the FOS involved, they have a waiting list between 12-18 months.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Some places just pay up for obvious mis-selling, others just ignore you hoping you`ll go away. After 3 months, you can then put your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which is where I am at now, but even when you get the FOS involved, they have a waiting list between 12-18 months.
To be honest I was surprised when I saw the cash, in my account this morning, my Daughter was only asking me about it the other week
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Paris scooped a decent sum off em about 18 months ago, using a firm that contacted us whilst in Preston, Took about 9-12 months as i recall, Funny thing though whilst this was going on, we were in her bank n they offered her a sum of money to do it fer her, We declined saying she had n ongoing claim, They said they would take oer if we wanted, NO was our answer, When it was eventually paid, the amount she got was TWICE as much as her bank had offered, so just be warned n weigh up if yer going down the PPI route.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
To be honest I was surprised when I saw the cash, in my account this morning, my Daughter was only asking me about it the other week
Good result for you Jaysay, hopefully mine will be sorted soon, looking at just over £1,500.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34   #13
God Member

when does this ppi cut off date for claims happen

i havnt had my landline plugged in for months now because of the constant phonecalls from ppi people clogging up my answerphone ..

cant block them either because they use a loophole to get around the block list

As i was typing this i got a call on my mobile from a ppi company asking for a name that i have only ever used on yahoo.Looks like yahoo didnt keep my number secret when they assred me they would do when they asked me to enter a mobile phone number to verify myself and regain access to my email account

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
when does this ppi cut off date for claims happen
I think it`s something like 5-6 years. But, It`s not from when you paid the PPI, it`s from when you realised it had been mis-sold.
So you could have a 10 year old loan where you paid PPI, but if you only realised recently, then you can claim.
There is a very helpful forum out there with template letters and info how to claim, am i allowed to post a link to other forums?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:47   #15
God Member

Quote:
I think it`s something like 5-6 years. But, It`s not from when you paid the PPI, it`s from when you realised it had been mis-sold.
So you could have a 10 year old loan where you paid PPI, but if you only realised recently, then you can claim.
There is a very helpful forum out there with template letters and info how to claim, am i allowed to post a link to other forums?
if people can post links to absolute crap im sure posting a link to a helpfull and informative website shoudl be ok but im not admin so cantgive a ruling on that

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..