Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2004, 00:28   #16
Member.

Re: Public Apology

Thank you Tealeaf,

Your a gentleman…
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2004, 02:16   #17
Len
God Member

You know life is a bitch but has it happens we are all here together (at this time) through no choice of our own. No point in blaming each other for what others have done? Life is short, one day every one will regret the things that they have said and done, accept what is, because one day you’ll all need each other.

P.S
I have had a few beers and in the morning I shall edit or delete my post.
I have probably miss read this thread but if I haven’t then it stands.
Regards, Len

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 03:35   #18
Member.

Thanks Len,

Your a gentleman too...No need to edit or delete out.

One can only hope that the views of others stand to help smooth the path for those less fortunate than ourselves.

I don’t know where the b****** H*** that came from, but I suppose it is Sunday after all.
Old 20-06-2004, 03:38   #19
Member.

I hope this matter ends this day. I have better things to do, like recover from the ale that I supped in self-punishment of my sins…

I did this freely, protesting my innocence to my chosen gods.

Last edited by Doug; 20-06-2004 at 03:56.
Old 20-06-2004, 06:18   #20

This type of problem is always present when dealing with individuals still alive.

It can arise when seeking out mates, or schoolfriends, or for family historians and genealogists, looking to expand the picture by seeking descendants, or friends, with a living memory of individuals in their family tree.

So it's a superb illustration to others, of a problem that can arise out of the blue.
It's also a perfect solution to this problem. A no quibbles removal of any offending material, and a sincere apology.

Doug should be congratulated on his post, that shows both the problem and the solution. It should help others who could find themselves in a similar position in the future. He should not treat himself too harshly.

=======================================
To support those publishing family trees to the web, consider the following :-

The software you use should provide you with a facility to privatise and remove sensitive information for individuals from 1904 to present (based on current year and the 100 year rule) just before transfer to the web. It's safer that way, but you get to keep the information for your own record.

Although it can be a technical subject, if you have your own webspace, and upload webpages with sensitive information, find out about .HTACCESS and .HTPASSWD files, that enable you to establish an area that is username and password protected.
=======================================

Finally, hats off to Doug for the way he dealt with the problem.

Last edited by Weary Tourist; 20-06-2004 at 06:24. Reason: Typo error
Weary Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 09:29   #21
mez
God Member

hi doug i for one hope you do carry on posting , we have enjoyed your thoughts & memories too wich we all have & especially those of us who lived in church, keep posting doug, there are other posts to get interested in & pehaps winde that gentleman tealeaf up in (it dont take much) ha ha ha, hope to see you soon on here.
Old 20-06-2004, 22:07   #22
God Member

Doug wrote:
Quote:
Your a very naughty boy...you shouldn’t encourage her. KIPAX would't be happy if you feud about with someone else...
Cheers to you too ****hole .
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 22:24   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Doug wrote:

Cheers to you too ****hole .
I don't think theres any need for that Kipax!!!
Infact i think its well out of order!, the guy was not being offensive to you whatsoever, he was simply making a humerous remark! You yourself stated the other day that you were happy to have debates with Tealeaf, and had no problem with it! So whats your problem with doug's remark??????

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 22:31   #24
Member.

It is ok Wingy,

I don't think Kipax is to out of order if he feels offended. I have apologised for much less lately

KIPAX - See your PM Box. Thanks
Old 20-06-2004, 22:34   #25
God Member

I am more than happy to have a debate with tealeaf... after all thats what he is there for isnt it tealeaf is a big lad.. he knows how to play the game and enjoys it..why are you even mentioning that..

Why do you think I have a problem with dougs remark. ??? I havent.. cant think why your thinking I have.. doug is entitled to remark and say whatever he wants just like we all are...

However I think his remark was uncalled for and so I responded.. you say it was humurous... you wasnt on the end of it was you? so it may be humurous to you and him and others.... personally i dont like being on the end of it.. I dont have a problem with him making the remark though

You have me confused now mate.... surely if he is allowed a dig at me then I am allowed one back.... ?

its not real life tha knows.. its just a messageboard
Old 20-06-2004, 22:35   #26
God Member

Sorry replied before seeing your post doug... havent even read your pm yet

just amazed that wingy wants to jump on my back all of a sudden ?
Old 20-06-2004, 22:41   #27

Who jumped on your back Kipax??
You say its not real life but your the one that got your back up and called doug an ****hole not me!!!!!

People work for money!
Old 20-06-2004, 22:50   #28
I am Band

Everybody.

Pick Teddy up, put him back in the cot, grow up, and get some sleep!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 22:54   #29
God Member

Wingy... i didnt get my back up.. what the hell is wrong with you tonight.. why do you keep insisting on telling me how i am feeling ?? thats two posts now you have done that.. I didnt get my back up, i havent a problem with doug and I like arguing with tealeaf.

doug and I have sorted this out like adults.. I suggest you take sparkologists advice and get some sleep mate.. your getting upset over nowt

We can all blame tealeaf in the morning
Old 20-06-2004, 23:00   #30

i haven't got upset over anything Kipax, i certainly haven't told you how you are feeling, and there is no problem with me tonight whatsoever.
Why is it that i make a couple of posts, and suddenly theres something wrong with me??

People work for money!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..