Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 13:03   #16
God Member

Re: Public seating in Hyndburn

Entwisi's suggestion of a meet isn't really the way I want to go about 'emerging'
I will just have to discipline myself to go to public noisy places gradually - increasing the time spent there and the frequency I do it.

There will be days when I don't feel up to it - so I cant set dates for it, but I am convinced that I need to make an effort to rejoin society, and knowing where to go is that start.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2009, 16:15   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes there are, there's about four/five against the church wall.

One or two have broken slats, and you might get bothered by the odd pigeon, or the even odder drinker, but the latter only seem to be there in the summer.
Odd drinker Rindi didn't know you frequented the Church Street forms mate
Old 10-02-2009, 16:20   #18
I am Banned

Do you hibernate annually Margaret?I ask because i suffer from S.A.D and do similar myself...Church.St in town during the day safe as houses x
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 16:59   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Do you hibernate annually Margaret?I ask because i suffer from S.A.D and do similar myself...Church.St in town during the day safe as houses x
Last winter I hardly went out due to bronchitis and (what I thought was) pleurisy, but wasn't (explained in my blog). I avoid SAD - I have a daylight lamp and take extra vitamin D to compensate for lack of natural daylight

This winter my hibernation began early Autumn due to chronic fatigue which I am in the process of curing with nutritional therapy.

I the summer I went on the coast bus driven by darwendosser several times, because I could stay on the bus when it was parked up and sleep on the seats when I needed to.

It is the overwhelming need to sleep at the most inappropriate times which reduces confidence to survive away from home for more than an hour at a time.

It isn't agrophobia - I have been out when I absolutely had to -eg, for trips to chiropodist and hospital outpatients appointments, and I do nip out in my slippers to buy eggs from the allottment next door.

Now this need to sleep has been largely replaced by a need to lie down - so I know I am on the mend. My body clock is still erratic. Last night I was awake all night until 5am and sunday I slept most of the day - but when all added up totals a normal 8hrs and not the 11hrs it used to be.

This life pattern does not fit well with a social life. Arrangements to meet friends and visit places can't be planned ahead.

I have all my physical needs met by deliveries (dont 'shop')
Any sense of isolation has been lessened by Accy Web, and I have managed to go to some meets.

I know that this lifestyle is not natural so I plan to end it (meaning 'be normal'), as soon as the weather warms up a bit, but after so long like this I need 'rehab'

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-02-2009 at 17:09.
Old 10-02-2009, 17:15   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Odd drinker Rindi didn't know you frequented the Church Street forms mate
I sit there enjoying my post lunch ciggy, when I've been to the Church Street chippy.

Remembering to dipose of it carefully in the bin.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 17:21   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It is the overwhelming need to sleep at the most inappropriate times which reduces confidence to survive away from home for more than an hour at a time.
I'm sure you've already it checked it out, but do you think it is some sort of narcolepsy?

Narcolepsy Association UK - Home page

Old 10-02-2009, 17:23   #22
Resting in Peace

If you wish anyone to go with you on your outings Margaret, will accompany you ... promise not to witter..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 17:31   #23
God Member

Quote:
I'm sure you've already it checked it out, but do you think it is some sort of narcolepsy?

Narcolepsy Association UK - Home page
If you look back in my posting history you will see that I thought that too.
It was only when it improved in response to vitamin B12 therapy that I realised it wasn't.

I saw that recent tv programme about narcolepsy - they just nod off without warning whilst doing anything.
I have just overwhelming wearyness and feel the need to be horizonal.
There are other health issues which have also improved and all can be explained by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome due to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. There are no NHS treatments - only alternative therapies offer hope and I seem to have found the one that works for me

Old 10-02-2009, 17:39   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
If you wish anyone to go with you on your outings Margaret, will accompany you ... promise not to witter..
Lovely of you to offer Kate - I was faced with coast trips alone this summer because darwendosser is now semi retired and just does school buses.

SO................get your bus pass ready - they do a lovely buffet lunch in the Prince of Wales in Southport

Old 10-02-2009, 17:40   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If you look back in my posting history you will see that I thought that too.
It was only when it improved in response to vitamin B12 therapy that I realised it wasn't.

I saw that recent tv programme about narcolepsy - they just nod off without warning whilst doing anything.
I have just overwhelming wearyness and feel the need to be horizonal.
There are other health issues which have also improved and all can be explained by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome due to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. There are no NHS treatments - only alternative therapies offer hope and I seem to have found the one that works for me
I should have known, being the thorough researcher that you are, that you would already looked into narcolepsy.

It's going to be bright, sunny, but cold all week.

I hope you manage your first foray out soon, whilst the weather is relatively fine.

Old 10-02-2009, 17:44   #26
God Member

Quote:
I should have known, being the thorough researcher that you are, that you would already looked into narcolepsy.

It's going to be bright, sunny, but cold all week.

I hope you manage your first foray out soon, whilst the weather is relatively fine.
Is is Ok to feed your ducks with homemade brioche crusts?

Old 10-02-2009, 17:46   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Is is Ok to feed your ducks with homemade brioche crusts?
Call in for a brew after your outing, if you like, you'll be very welcome...though don't feed me crusts.

Old 10-02-2009, 17:49   #28
God Member

Quote:
Call in for a brew after your outing, if you like, you'll be very welcome...though don't feed me crusts.
I might even manage a full loaf just for you

Old 10-02-2009, 18:53   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Lovely of you to offer Kate - I was faced with coast trips alone this summer because darwendosser is now semi retired and just does school buses.

SO................get your bus pass ready - they do a lovely buffet lunch in the Prince of Wales in Southport
Sounds great .. got me bus pass ... but still a confident driver if you have issues about facing a bus. No charge for the transport.. And you will be able to have a fag too.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 19:17   #30
God Member

Quote:
All sound recommendations thanks
I could start off by the lake as a gentle intro and work my way to the town centre later in my rehab programme
Sounds like you are talking about Kingston ... start off by Lake Ontario, enjoy the beautiful downtown/centreville area with benches all over the place ... neat little cafes and coffee shops (sorry guys, but I can't recommend the tea, unless you go to Nefoundland), the numerous city parks, the Barriefield Rock Garden, Fort Henry (a UN World Heritage Site, along with the Rideau Canal) ... the Agnes Etherington Art Gallery at Queens University which has one third of all the Rembrandts in Canada (ok, it's only two paintings out of six) ... some really great pubs where even a Brit would feel at home: The Iron Duke, the Toucan, the Prince George, the Merchant Taproom, the Pilot House (great fish and chips, and a decent steak and kidney pie) etc.

Did I mention the four or five months of winter
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..