Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What would you do if you got too many of somethng by post?
return the surplus ASAP 3 8.11%
ring up and ask for money to cover postage cost of returning the surplus 16 43.24%
ring up and negotiate how many freebies they'll let you keep 3 8.11%
ring up and offer to pay for the extra if 5 or less 0 0%
ring up and offer to pay for the extra if 10 or less 0 0%
keep them all if less than 5 extra 0 0%
keep them all if less than 10 extra 0 0%
keep them all and hope nobody notices 10 27.03%
some other alternative I haven't managed to think of 5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2005, 15:50   #1
Resident Waffler

Question about honesty

This question came up elsewhere and I was wondering just what the general reaction is amongst AccyWebbers.

Supposing you sent for something by post/phone/internet and you'd ordered 10 of them but when they arrived you found there were more than 10. What would you do?

Would your response change depending on the amount of extra or the value of the items?

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 21-09-2005 at 17:03. Reason: typo or sticky keyboard!
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2005, 15:54   #2
God Member

Re: Question about honesty

I'd damage the surplus ones then send 'em back saying I was not satisfied & could I have my money back please.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 15:56   #3
Resident Waffler

Now there's one I hadn't thought of!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 16:13   #4
I am Banned

i would wait until they asked for it back and if no one contacted me within 30 days i would sell the surpluss

not what i would describe as honest but hey at least i gave them a chance to correct their mistake and most losses like that are tax right offs so everyones a winner lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 16:16   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wouldnt waste a phone call, would keep them for a suitable time,and if they didnt contact me= tough - their loss lol
Old 21-09-2005, 16:35   #6
God Member

I would send back as quick as so that with the luck I have I dont get a bill for whatever it was.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 17:27   #7

Surely, anything sent through the post is the responsibility of the sender,therefore it is up to them to inform you of their error, and re-collect their goods in a specified time or they become the property of the recipient. I'm sure I've read that somewhere.
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 17:33   #8
God Member

Personally I would err on the side of caution that way there are no comebacks on me.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 21-09-2005, 18:03   #9

Would probably ring up and ask them to send money/SAE to return items, but hope they would either say keep them or not bother sending out a reply.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 18:10   #10
God Member

I'd have to send them back, I'm too honest
Old 21-09-2005, 18:16   #11
God Member

This could turn out to be an intresting poll. What will be the top hitter I wonder and is it going to be a suprise?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 21-09-2005, 19:34   #12
Beacon of light

I would have to ring up and let them know......my conscience has a very loud voice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 19:36   #13
God Member

Depends on what it was! But mainly i'd ring up and ask them what i should do with them. That way its in their ball court. If they said send them back i'd tell them to send a courier for them i wouldnt pay for their mistake.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 20:12   #14
God Member

I think legally you have to tell them but it is there responsibility to collect at your convenience. Depending on value a lot of companies do not collect as it costs them too much. I believe Dell are one. I have heard of people who order printers with systems and then ring up to say they want to return it. Dell have been known to tell them to keep them(They wer only £29 though)
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 20:16   #15

Depends whether I signed for them or not I'm afraid.
Phylum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..