Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2018, 17:52   #1936
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

The destabilisation of the EU will happen if we leave without a reasonable deal....because there is going to be a huge shortfall in funds.
There has been NO negotiation by the Brussels side.....they have insulted us, they have bad mouthed us....but the truth is they need our money.....and for that reason they want to tie us in knots.

There never was any intention to allow us any kind of deal.
Why would they allow us to have a fair deal?
Such an event would be the green light for other disenchanted countries to,pack up and leave.

The financially bankrupt countries that have joined the EU have joined to TAKE from the organisation....not to contribute.
They were admitted to swell the numbers rather than swell the funds.
The voting system is weighted so that the countries with the biggest population have the most votes....which is why not a single vote has ever gone our way.

There was a team on the Wright Stuff today(hateful program that only invite loony lefties to,participate) all of whom said they were fearful of the chaos that would be created by a no deal situation.
Listening to them made me cringe.(the lily liveried creeps)...these luvvies said they had not met anyone on their travels that felt we would come out of this with any honour intact.
Well, that is except Martin Daubney....who had a very balanced view....and explained why 17.4 million people voted to leave....and leave with no deal preferred to a raw deal.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2018, 18:07   #1937
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I know I'm talking to the converted about getting out, but look at recent history, the extra Countries that were added to the EU they were and still are financially bankrupt, what did they have to offer?
Well as things have turned out absolutely ****** all they've made the whole charade even worse.
The only reason they were included was to add power to a corrupt system. The main player's get to be bully boys of Europe again.
As soon as we voted out we were told 'you will destabilise the EU and leave Europe vulnerable',
Nah, we are leaving just in time, the main protagonists are those that are making life difficult for us to leave, they enjoy ruling the roost and if we aren't careful they will willingly find a reason to not just rule but dominate, with all the sacrifices of the past meaning nothing.
In the above, although I do think the EU to be a threat, It's not the people of these nations, the ordinary folk look back at history and know that NOTHING will be to their advantage, it will be grabbed by a few that have ambition and greed.

Folk keep talking about Russia being a threat, at the moment Russia is no threat, they will allow us the usual European in-fighting that has gone on for centuries, having learnt from the last conflagration they will wait until we've worn each other out and then, take what they want when they want it, by then, Europe will be too weak to do ****** all!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:42   #1938
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1215683]

There was a team on the Wright Stuff today(hateful program that only invite loony lefties to,participate) all of whom said they were fearful of the chaos that would be created by a no deal situation.
Listening to them made me cringe.(the lily liveried creeps)...these luvvies said they had not met anyone on their travels that felt we would come out of this with any honour intact.

funny how these people to a man or woman seem to have a very liberal outlook of all affairs. often wonder if they actually believe what they say. like those in the USA who are anti trump from the start. could be a way to look cool infront of their younger fans i suppose.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:27   #1939
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1215703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

funny how these people to a man or woman seem to have a very liberal outlook of all affairs.
It's what's been termed 'Groupthink' by social psychologists. An almost universal mental affliction amongst the metropolitan me-dja.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 17:26   #1940

From the advice to businesses and citizens paper re a no deal outcome
"The papers reveal that British organic farmers won't be able to export their produce to the EU unless the bloc certifies U.K. standards — a process that can't start until after Brexit and takes nine months"
If Project Fear is to be believed there will be food shortages. Why are farmers exporting to the EU?
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 18:50   #1941
Beacon of light

That is a really good question....and it just goes to show that you need not believe all of the things that the media spew out.
This stuff is generated by those who still have their noses out of joint as a result of the leave vote
You see, those of us who voted to leave are not supposed to be able to put two thoughts together...let alone do joined up thinking.
Old 24-08-2018, 19:03   #1942
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its generated by those who get their pennies from the E.U. which determines the nature of noses outa joint.
Old 24-08-2018, 20:09   #1943
Beacon of light

Spot on Cashy...absolutely spot on
Old 10-11-2018, 10:58   #1944
Senior Member+

No Deal Brexit could lead to awful low food standards,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rade-deal.html

US food standards allow some maggots in tinned foods.

Also fresh food for independent grocers, shops and restaurants - will dry up as lorry queues impede movement of fresh food stuffs coming into the UK.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/rat-ha...e-deal-2018-10

Last edited by kestrelx; 10-11-2018 at 11:05.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 14:01   #1945
Beacon of light

These are all prognostications....no one really knows what will happen.
COULD....is a very big word and it does not mean WILL.
There have been many so called educated people second guessing what would happen in the U.K....all of them without exception have been wide of the mark.
This is another page from the project Fear agenda.

For myself, I would rather put up with buying what we can grow ourselves rather than be in hock to the EU for however many years transition....that is not my idea of leaving. Indeed, it is NOT leaving, it is signing up to be a serfdom of the EU.

We will still have to pay in, will not have a say over the skulduggery of regulations passed by the Brussels mafia.....no, that is not a good deal, it is not a fair deal and it is just what the EU wants us to accept.
We were promised that no deal would be better than a raw deal.
I want to be OUT....right OUT....not hokey-cokeying...one foot in, one foot out.
I despise what the EU has become and how the so called negotiators have bullied and bad mouthed the UK.
They NEED our contributions more than we need them.
KiTChener and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-11-2018 at 14:05.
Old 10-11-2018, 15:18   #1946

Isn't democracy strange?
had the vote gone the other way by the same margin, we wouldn't be negotiating, we wouldn't be going Oh lawdy lordy, we are all doomed, we wouldn't be spouting on about a second referendum.
We would be stuck with the grasping unfair 'partners' that have always put our needs on equal terms?
If someone such as Farage dared to suggest the result was too close to be a positive one way or the other, the remainers would have shot him down claiming 'this is democracy in action' the people have spoken now leave us alone someone has just refilled the trough and if we don't pay attention others will get their unfair share before we can hog ours.
Old 10-11-2018, 15:32   #1947
Beacon of light

The thing is Less, those remainders see themselves as superior to us.
Superior in every way.
We, the plebs, the great unwashed and ill educated were never considered to be capable of putting two thoughts together. Let alone vote on such a momentous issue.
Well, here is the news.
I have eyes to see how we have been treated. I have ears to hear the slights that have been levelled against us and I take exception to them.
I just do not understand how those who voted to remain in the money pit that is the EU, cannot see that we have been treated with contempt by those who are supposed to be negotiating....there has been NO negotiating.
The EU has been absolutely and totally reluctant to give a centimetre....I always understood that negotiating had an element of compromise.
There has been none....not even a hint of one.
Why?
Because the UK are seen as upstarts and there are several countries waiting to see how things pan out before THEY decide what to do about their own membership.....so of course the Establishment of the EU want us to fail....and to do it spectacularly.
Accepting a poorly defined transition period will be just what they want....because we will still be in their thrall.
Old 10-11-2018, 16:31   #1948
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

They are a load of undemocratic toss pots nothing else.
Old 10-11-2018, 16:52   #1949

Maybe what we should be doing instead of negotiating we should be offering to take all the other disgruntled Countries with us?

Not just leave but offer a fair and honest alternative to the E.U.

Now I know so far as popularity our nation is and always has been low on the list, (in a world cup final even Poland would back Germany rather than us).

However, if we turned to these nations and said, lets form our own market where everyone actually is equal, you only put in what you can afford and you will get out your fair share, guaranteed by honest bookkeeping that will be capable of being signed off year by year.

What we have is integrity as a nation (Ok, Ok, ignore our present lot of politicians they are just about all bent), but historically we, the British nation can be trusted to play the white man with others.

we could set up an equivalent to Brussels in say, Bradford, proving we have no prejudice against Yorkshire or it's inhabitants which would go a long way towards ensuring equality with any other country that wishes to come along with us.

Imagine no longer pretending to be equal to the Germans or French even they might join us one day.

Last edited by Less; 10-11-2018 at 16:56.
Old 10-11-2018, 17:48   #1950
Beacon of light

Less, what a damn good idea.
Only let's not call it British Union Market!
Less and cashman like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-11-2018 at 17:50.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..