Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 16:50   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Report in the Mail

On here we frequently see requests for recommendations for houses to rent.....decent houses at decent rental rates are very hard to come by.
If these houses are rented at below market rents, then it may just generate some interest...and the area in question isn't a million miles away from motorway links.

As for it not being the only area in Accrington like that....well of course it isn't...it isn't the only area in the north west.......and part of the reason for the dereliction of the area is outlined as being the loss of local industry.
Who knows if the company doing this regeneration work will do further projects on a rent-to-buy basis.
It will surely depend on the success of the current undertaking.
I just hope that the houses aren't all aimed at one ethnicity.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2013, 17:51   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
On here we frequently see requests for recommendations for houses to rent.....decent houses at decent rental rates are very hard to come by.
If these houses are rented at below market rents, then it may just generate some interest...and the area in question isn't a million miles away from motorway links.

As for it not being the only area in Accrington like that....well of course it isn't...it isn't the only area in the north west.......and part of the reason for the dereliction of the area is outlined as being the loss of local industry.
Who knows if the company doing this regeneration work will do further projects on a rent-to-buy basis.
It will surely depend on the success of the current undertaking.
I just hope that the houses aren't all aimed at one ethnicity.
Mmmm ... "the loss of local industry" Who lost it? What are the chances of finding it? And is this a thread wander?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 18:23   #18
God Member

i wonder who owns the company thats doing the contract PLACEFIRST LIMITED of M20 5PG in MANCHESTER UNITED KINGDOM how do these companies get set up and then get multi million contracts
Old 04-01-2013, 18:29   #19
God Member

another thing,i thought there would be a lot of interest in these houses as the latest housing benefit cuts will be the cause of a lot of down sizing and people looking for new premises.
Old 04-01-2013, 19:03   #20
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Mmmm ... "the loss of local industry" Who lost it? What are the chances of finding it? And is this a thread wander?
While you are thread wandering, if you find our local industry..please point it in the direction of Accrington.
Old 04-01-2013, 19:06   #21
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
another thing,i thought there would be a lot of interest in these houses as the latest housing benefit cuts will be the cause of a lot of down sizing and people looking for new premises.
some of the houses will be four bedrooms...hardly downsizing is it?

As for who owns the company doing the regeneration...I'm sure with a bit of gumption and investigation you could find out and tell us...though, as you now live in Scotland, I cannot see why you would have much interest.
Old 04-01-2013, 19:12   #22
Beacon of light

here you go...I have saved you the bother.

team | PlaceFirst

All you could wish to know.
Old 04-01-2013, 19:21   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
here you go...I have saved you the bother.

team | PlaceFirst

All you could wish to know.
And Martin Ellerby of that team is a member of Accyweb. See post 34 on the Woodnook improvement thread.
Old 04-01-2013, 19:56   #24
God Member

Quote:
some of the houses will be four bedrooms...hardly downsizing is it?

As for who owns the company doing the regeneration...I'm sure with a bit of gumption and investigation you could find out and tell us...though, as you now live in Scotland, I cannot see why you would have much interest.
why not last time i looked its a free country lol theres nothing about the companies movers and backers nothing un-official just managing directors its like a ghost company.just wondering if anybody could enlighten us.the bit capital £475 mede me chuckle
Old 04-01-2013, 20:05   #25
God Member

Families who need 4 bedrooms and have the income to support 3+ children don't choose a terraced house with no garden - so the families who occupy them will be on benefits.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 20:44   #26
God Member

if they are on benefits,where are the people who are going to move into them going to come from 200 houses to fill is a lot of people.1 person to a bedroom is 800 people add 100 couples is 900 people.so thats 900 people going to appear out of nowhere
Old 04-01-2013, 21:00   #27
Beacon of light

Quote:
why not last time i looked its a free country lol theres nothing about the companies movers and backers nothing un-official just managing directors its like a ghost company.just wondering if anybody could enlighten us.the bit capital £475 mede me chuckle
You could check out other information about this company(You don't expect me to do it all for you, do you? I have given you a lead, a start - now if you are really interested instead of trying to score political points...go figure)......on another site it says it has 10-20 employed people...it is backed to some degree by the Carbon trust......the regeneration programs are trying to make the housing that is regenerated energy efficient.
Old 04-01-2013, 21:07   #28
Beacon of light

Quote:
if they are on benefits,where are the people who are going to move into them going to come from 200 houses to fill is a lot of people.1 person to a bedroom is 800 people add 100 couples is 900 people.so thats 900 people going to appear out of nowhere
The 200 houses that are being regenerated are currently two up and two down terraced,these are going to be converted into four bedroomed houses...so they will knock two houses(as they are now) into one.
They will be family homes.......and if people have a bigger family and want to rent a property at lower cost then they will move to these whether they have a garden or not...most of these houses have a backyard.
I'm sure that Katex put the plans of these houses up on the planning permission thread.

And C'mon, yes it is a free country, but I was asking the question as to why you show so much interest when you are so far away, and it is very unlikely to have any impact at all on your life...other than perhaps that of knowing what is being done on what used to be home turf.
And, of course you usually only show interest if there is a possibility that you can have a dig at the tory party.
Old 04-01-2013, 21:07   #29
God Member

cheers for that ,not intersted in political points scoring just genuinely interested in companies like this ie how they come to be in existance,how they are funded,how much tax payers money they get etc
Old 04-01-2013, 21:12   #30
Beacon of light

How come I don't really believe that?
If you could find out anything that had even a sniff of tory about it, (like tax payers money) you would be in there like flynn.
If you really are interested there are e-mail addresses where the people who are involved can be contacted. I'm sure they would be only too happy to enlighten you...as a concerned member of the public.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..