Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 21:19   #31
God Member

Re: Report in the Mail

suspicous minds just curious thats all
Old 04-01-2013, 21:25   #32
Beacon of light

No, not suspicious...just going off your past history of posting...and my aniti cynicism pills have stopped working..must need a higher dose.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 21:28   #33
Beacon of light

BBC News - Renovation for 200 empty terraced homes in Accrington
More information for you to peruse.
oops sorry, just noticed the above link is also posted on the thread about the regeneration of Woodnook.
Old 04-01-2013, 21:28   #34
God Member

nowt wrong being a cynic
Old 04-01-2013, 21:34   #35
Beacon of light

If you check out the BBc report in the above link, it answers many of the questions you have asked.

I have done with the legwork(or clickwork) now.
Old 04-01-2013, 22:46   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
another thing,i thought there would be a lot of interest in these houses as the latest housing benefit cuts will be the cause of a lot of down sizing and people looking for new premises.
i wonder if they will alter them to be 1 bedroom properties so that people without kids dont get penalised and forced onto the streets because housing benefit wont accomodate a person with a spare bedroom

its fine saying dont pay rent for a person who lives alone in a 2 bedroom property but if theres no 1 bedroom properties where the hell do these people go ?

also according to the rules fathers who have their children at weekends cant have a second bedroom for them so many single men are facing not only loosing their homes but loosing access to their children because to have overnight access you have to be able to provide a bed for them.I pay my own rent now but these rules would have severly screwed up my access to my kids and god knows what i will do if i am no longer able to pay my own rent again i will probbably loose my home

its not just men effected its anyone living alone in a 2 bedroom property.People who through no fault of their own fnd themselves in a 2 bedromm property are going to be serverly penalized

meanwhile at the other end of teh scale two houses can be knocked into one because someone on benefit cant stop spitting kids out.

if government insists people only have 1 bedroom then they should make 1 bedroom properties available
cmonstanley, bernie94 and susie123 like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-01-2013 at 22:49.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 23:08   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
While you are thread wandering, if you find our local industry..please point it in the direction of Accrington.
It was just a weird thought ... your kinda neutral or passive way of putting it brought to mind a line from a song: "If it wasn't for the nips being so good at building ships, the yards would still be open on the Clyde." Or something like that
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:34   #38
Beacon of light

Passive/neutral is the only way when you know something is gone...and gone for good.
I suppose it signifies acceptance...you have to SUMO...that is, shut up and move on.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36   #39
Beacon of light

Personally, I think that these fourbedroomed properties will be aimed at one ethnicity....they are the ones who have the larger families....or is it just my cynicism taking over?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15   #40
God Member

Quote:
Personally, I think that these fourbedroomed properties will be aimed at one ethnicity....they are the ones who have the larger families....or is it just my cynicism taking over?
i was lucky enough to sell my property in that area before it went totally down the drain but then found myself renting in the area 12 years later on down the line.Its not that common for asians to rent social housing they tend to buy properties rather than rent.These 4 bedroom properties will probbably go to the same ethenic group that destroyed the area in the first place which sad to say was white british.

drug dealers ,prostitues ,theives and smackheads drove the decent folk out or left them unable to sell their houses to anyone other than landlords because no one wanted to buy in an area where within 24 hours of moving in you got burgled and the place got worse and worse until what we see there today which is 4 streets or so of housing that even smackheads dont want

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:53   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Its not that common for asians to rent social housing they tend to buy properties rather than rent.
That is my understanding too.
They have their own 'banking system' whereby large amounts for house purchase can be gathered from their family members, without need for building societies.

I think they don't pay interest on such loans because religion forbids 'usury'.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:10   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
cheers for that ,not intersted in political points scoring
:r ofl38:
Oh do stop it off, I'm on water tablets, and its hard enough as it is
cmonstanley and Restless like this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:08   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Families who need 4 bedrooms and have the income to support 3+ children don't choose a terraced house with no garden - so the families who occupy them will be on benefits.
That is a bit cynical to say the least. Am sure there are many families on low incomes who would be happy to move into one of the renovated properties if they have a chance of buying it
Old 05-01-2013, 17:13   #44
God Member

Quote:
Passive/neutral is the only way when you know something is gone...and gone for good.
I suppose it signifies acceptance...you have to SUMO...that is, shut up and move on.
SUMO, eh ... interesting ... never liked those short forms; I prefer English. But after another look at the photographs I can see that there has been a hell of a lot of shutting up, but not much moving on. Quite a bit of moving down though.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 18:09   #45
Senior Member+

My sister has 6 children. In blackpool they rent off the council. It is a detached house with six bedrooms. Its like a mansion compared to what I am used to

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..