Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 10:01   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: revolution in the air

no-ones disputing labour probably used em, whats happened is now this has been highlighted by the media, regardless of who's in power, i will slag em, seems if its yer own lot torys aint the balls to call there own.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:07   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no-ones disputing labour probably used em, whats happened is now this has been highlighted by the media, regardless of who's in power, i will slag em, seems if its yer own lot torys aint the balls to call there own.
No it hasn't been highlighted by the media, the media report it like all other things organised by Rent a Mob
Old 05-12-2010, 10:09   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
sounds like theres revolution in the air and david camerons advisors and right hand men are all involved in the tax avoidance scheme BBC News - Topshop's flagship London store hit by tax protest
if that aint the media highlighting it, theres no hope fer ya.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:43   #19
JFT96

Maybe the way to stop tax avoidance would be to simplify the tax system. Something like this:
Everyone earning over £8000.00 pays 30% income tax.
No loop holes if you are paid into a UK bank account or have a home in the UK you pay.
But that would not be 'fair' to those that feel the weathy should pay more.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 17:41   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Maybe the way to stop tax avoidance would be to simplify the tax system. Something like this:
No loop holes if you are paid into a UK bank account or have a home in the UK you pay.
Well they can't complain BG if you earn more you pay more, somebody earning £20,000 pays 6 grand, someone earning £200,000 pays 60 grand seems fair enough to me
Old 05-12-2010, 18:22   #21
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
sounds like theres revolution in the air
And anyone who knows anything about UK politics will know that that's where the revolution will stay .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 18:23   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
And anyone who knows anything about UK politics will know that that's where the revolution will stay .
Nice one JCB
Old 05-12-2010, 21:05   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Thats a LL of a lot of tax on 8 grand, does'nt leave much to live off.
Its not much more than a pensioner gets.
Minimum wage 6 quid an hour for 40 hours gives 12480 quid a year.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26   #24
JFT96

Okay so let's tweak it a bit...
Income tax threshold £8000.00
Between £8000.00 and £20,000.00 15% tax,
Over £20,000.00 30% tax.
Or we could have a civil war!!!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 15:23   #25
Senior Member+

A taste of things to come?

On Thursday I thought the demo would have finished on my way back but when I couldn't get a bus, I realised it was still on. I walked down to Trafalgar Square and came across this which I videod...

Cheers - Kestrel X
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 16:40   #26
Senior Member+

Wow, pulling lights off a Christmas tree! True revolutionaries.Che would have been proud of them.I wonder who did it? The Latvian,,Argentinian,Italian,German or Spanish anarchists? We certainly seem to have some of the oldest students in the world.
This did the cause of our REAL students no good at all.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 17:23   #27
God Member

Police containment tactics, although considered neccessary by some, seem to be having unexpected side effects

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 17:28   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Wow, pulling lights off a Christmas tree! True revolutionaries.Che would have been proud of them.I wonder who did it? The Latvian,,Argentinian,Italian,German or Spanish anarchists? We certainly seem to have some of the oldest students in the world.
This did the cause of our REAL students no good at all.
Ya and riping the flag off the Cenotaph, by a pampered so called Rock Stars son, was a real eye opener
Old 12-12-2010, 18:22   #29
Senior Member+

'15 year old tells establishment to stick it'.There you see a future MP(wonder which party?) or a revolutionary anarchist or both if he's really ambitious.'We know they don't think we're a danger to the public'. 'We know they don't think we're going to run riot'. He's off to a good start. Also notice he was a well trained public speaker-not your average schoolboy from an average school.
As for Clair Solomon- she was complaining that the police treated 8 YEAR OLD protesters badly.How young can you be to join her union? She KNEW there were 8 year olds there and didn't try to sort it?Then we complain about boy soldiers in Africa!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 19:03   #30
God Member

No doubt the ones causing more trouble were the ones who complained they had to go to school because it's compulsory !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..