Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2006, 02:35   #1
Senior Member+

Ricky Hatton vs Amir khan..

omg such vast differences between the two. workin in manchester i've come across amir khan a few times and i have to say he's such an arrogant t**t. despite him sayin the right things in the press etc and his Google Page Ranking goin full steam he's such an obnoxious git... for someone who hasnt even faced a proper full length fight he's got caught up in his own hype.

forward that to tonite my night ended with sittin down with ricky hatton and having a few drinks and he was such a friendly guy. he was with his missus and htey were so friendly, sharin stories etc hatton was jokin around answering anything that was asked even rippin the p**s outta himself for a joke, sayin how he was now ricky the fatty hatton cause he's been outta trainin for 7 weeks etc

it was such a chalk and cheese experience. even when offered a free drink by the management he was arguing he shud pay for it etc

nice one ricky u got one more fan here!! amir khan cud sure as hell learn a thing or two from him!

& b4 anyone says that i'm just anti-khan - i was a great believer in him after athens and his early fights but the way he conducts himself otherwise leaves alot to be desired.
Old 14-07-2006, 08:37   #2
God Member

Re: Ricky Hatton vs Amir khan..

Ricky Hatton sounds like a lads lad mani withe an appreciation of what he has got. To take the micky out of himself shows he is down to earth and as for the paying his drinks shows his fame aint gone to his head. As for Amir Khan he is still young and has a lot to learn about life and because his Google Page Ranking mob they just see him as a cash cow that has to be "protected" our they loose out. I maintain that a boxer if he wants to prove himself in the ring needs to go the distance with a Mexican boxer (street fight style) then and only then will he show what he is made of. If he had more conntact with people like Ricky Hatton he might appreciate what he has got and realise he could just as easily be down and out on the heap of has beens.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 09:52   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it happens to many young up@comings mani unfortunately,they get so full of there own importance they are really obnoxious, i have met a couple like that over the years. but theres a lot of ricky hatton types about also, the late george best being one.
Old 14-07-2006, 13:04   #4
Senior Member+

spug - yeah i mean fair enough amir is still learnin his trade but in the end it showed how not so good nas was when he went to america and quit after a few fights...

amir wont b fightin there for some years yet though i feel - needs to prove himself against the full-timers in the uk first...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..