Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2006, 18:44   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Angry roundabout fact!!

:e12:can someone plz tell me why drivers always pull out on a roundabout, when your heading straight towards them??? its like your not there and they just see straight through u! or is it cuz my fella not fortunate to have a new car and only got a oldish one, that they think it is slow and they can beat him.....WRONG, the car maybe old but it can still shift, so to all you drivers out there, next time you see a oldish car and u think you can beat it, think again! cuz next time it will just smash into the side of ya! and u know something else, incase some drivers dont know.... IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT!!!
Old 25-09-2006, 18:50   #2
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: roundabout fact!!

Hey Panther. What a thread we could have on driving pet peeves. When I was in England I really liked the roundabouts. Folks were very courteous and "welltrain." (even quite polite to a yank new at it!)

We've gotten rid of most roundabouts around here. Too much ignorance and rudeness I guess like you've been seeing more of.

One of my biggest annoyances are drivers who don't use their blinkers. "Drives" me crazy!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 19:08   #3
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
:e12:can someone plz tell me why drivers always pull out on a roundabout, when your heading straight towards them
Actually, this is a bit of a grey area panther. If you are on the roundabout, those waiting to get on should give way to you! However, once they are on, it is the responsibility of the driver behind (i.e. YOU!) to adjust the speed to the vehicle in front.

I doubt that other drivers take into consideration how old your vehicle is OR how fast it can go.
Old 25-09-2006, 19:44   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

yeh but they shouldnt come on the roundabout when i near them, you have to give way to traffic on your right! half of them dont know how to bloody drive!
Old 25-09-2006, 19:54   #5
Senior Member+

you also have to give way to people who are already on the roundabout,i know what you mean panther,people think because there body is past the line there ok they dont think about the back end of the car,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:19   #6
Senior Member+

if people actually used common sense and used their indicators correctly and use the correct lane people would know when and when not to pull out

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:27   #7
Junior Member+

if you are at the roundabout and not approaching it you have right of way if you are approaching it and someone is allready there no right of way i can't beleive th enumber of people that don't know the law I drive for a living and the look of disgust when i pull out when to my right a car is 50yds off the roundabout when i pull out if they hit my back axel theres only one winner hgv
bullydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:30   #8
Resident Waffler

Sorry bullydia but I didn't follow that at all. I'm not being pedantic for the sheer sake of it but please could you put a bit of pinctuation in there? I'm honestly struggling to know what you mean.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:30   #9
Roy
Administrator

Well I drive a land rover defender, and you wouldn't believe how many people pull out on me, thinking I'm going slow, especially on roundabouts - I usually end up undertaking or nearly wiping them out and giving them the fright of their lifes, and then I'll stay about 1 foot away all the way until I can overtake them, this is entirely their fault although the authorities would probably look at it another way. Not all land rovers are slow, please remember this in the future!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:33   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydia
when i pull out if they hit my back axel theres only one winner hgv

HGV drivers are a law unto themselves and are a menace on the roads, they pull out from alne to lane and only indicate when half of the flamin wagon is already in the lane ...(not tarring all with the same brush btw)

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 25-09-2006, 21:41   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
HGV drivers are a law unto themselves and are a menace on the roads, they pull out from alne to lane and only indicate when half of the flamin wagon is already in the lane ...(not tarring all with the same brush btw)
hgv drivers have to take another driving test which most drivers allready say if they took their test again they would fail! then they have to steer 20+tonnes around the roads with car drivers who have set off late and try to get around you doesn't matter which side as long as they are past and try to keep of the hows my driving phone line so b/burn raver pull your horns in
bullydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:41   #12
God Member

Well the way i was taught is this.............................

At a roundabout you give way to your right ( not that the police give a sh"t blue's and two's or not)

If you are waiting to go straight on at a mini roundabout but the on coming vehicle is turning into your pathway, they have right of way.

Also alot of drivers at a T junction don't know who has right of way!!!!

When actually if you are going straight on but the car across from you is turning in your pathway, they have right of way.,

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:47   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydia
hgv drivers have to take another driving test which most drivers allready say if they took their test again they would fail! then they have to steer 20+tonnes around the roads with car drivers who have set off late and try to get around you doesn't matter which side as long as they are past and try to keep of the hows my driving phone line so b/burn raver pull your horns in
that still doesnt count for common courtesy does it ?

like driving up/down the A1, a nice two laner where hgv's take at least 2 miles to overtake another hgv, knowing fine well that they are holding traffic up, .....anyway slightly off topic and iv'e had my say so now

rant over

Old 25-09-2006, 21:49   #14
Resident Waffler

People treat the Ormerod St /Willows Lane junction as if they've all got right of way! You should hear the brakes screeching.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:51   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
People treat the Ormerod St /Willows Lane junction as if they've all got right of way! You should hear the brakes screeching.
I second that!!!! Living up here myself, it's a nightmare trying to get down these streets. But you can shout at the other driver all you want ( they don't care............... ME NO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH )

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..