Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2016, 12:30   #1
Full Member+

Rubbish

I read that 30 to 40 lorry loads of rubbish has been dumped in Altham Lane, Huncoat. Hopefully if it involved so much traffic someone heard or saw something and the people responsible are caught and brought to account. I suppose there was a danger of this sort of thing after charges were imposed at the tip.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2016, 12:41   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

re: Rubbish

Its happening all oer Hyndburn, some next to us, which we have reported 3 times, sod all done about it, cos its not council land were its dumped probably.complete waste of time phoning and reporting, we even told em we had picture of someone dumping on cctv, still never heard owt from em, once we rang in with a registration of a vehicle and they told us it was false. this was at the start of summer and all the craps still yon.
Old 19-10-2016, 13:35   #3
Senior Member+

Whenever we`ve had rubbish dumped at the side of our house ( not council land ) it`s always been removed pretty quickly, did you report it through the council website Cashman? You need to register if you haven`t already.

my.hyndburn - Welcome to my.hyndburn
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 13:52   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

we rang up spoke to em, once they said it wasn't them it was enviromental, so we rang them, once we even rang em cos we saw the bin men move an old bedspring,down the back put it at the corner of our alley, which we actually own, that was about 3 months back, its still has not been moved and is now barely visible with nettles, they said it would be sorted asap,. so does that mean anyone with NO internet cannot report owt?
Old 19-10-2016, 15:25   #5
Senior Member+

Don`t know what the process is if you have no internet, there`s been a few cases of fly tipping at the side of our house which is unadopted land, reported it online and it was gone within a week.
Old 19-10-2016, 15:48   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Don`t know what the process is if you have no internet, there`s been a few cases of fly tipping at the side of our house which is unadopted land, reported it online and it was gone within a week.
Pity they don't ask you if they can put temporary cameras up so they can watch, catch and punish the fly tippers, then perhaps give the culprits a community order of say 60 hours going around tidying up fly tip sites.
bernie94 and Alan Varrechia like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 15:58   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Pity they don't ask you if they can put temporary cameras up so they can watch, catch and punish the fly tippers, then perhaps give the culprits a community order of say 60 hours going around tidying up fly tip sites.
We asked that, but they said do i know anyone with cameras, i said no, we then got em ourselves complete waste of time as far as the council doing owt.
Old 19-10-2016, 15:58   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
It is a pity because i`d let them. They`d also catch litterers ( is that a real word? ) and people not cleaning up after their dog.
Old 19-10-2016, 17:21   #9
Full Member+

It really is disgusting how people dump their rubbish on someone else's land. The council are way out of order not sorting your problem out Cashman. I think I would be ringing every day till they got fed up with me and thought the only way to stop my phone calls was to move the rubbish. I hope you do get it sorted.
Old 19-10-2016, 18:08   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
It really is disgusting how people dump their rubbish on someone else's land. The council are way out of order not sorting your problem out Cashman. I think I would be ringing every day till they got fed up with me and thought the only way to stop my phone calls was to move the rubbish. I hope you do get it sorted.
To be honest Rowlf my missus was doing just that, kept being told the person was out or on holidays, was her that got fed up and stopped ringing. or i forgot to say she was also put through to the wrong department more than once.
Old 19-10-2016, 21:10   #11
Full Member+

Well if your wife was getting nowhere with her phone calls it is no wonder she gave up.
It is just a pity you are not able to take the offending article and dump it outside the Town Hall. They would certainly move it then. If it is still there next April perhaps you could knock something off your council tax bill and tell them it is for them not doing their job right.
Old 19-10-2016, 23:28   #12
Senior Member+

Cashie, I think you will already have tried going direct to your Hyndburn Councillor whoever it is - No luck there?
Old 20-10-2016, 08:41   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Cashie, I think you will already have tried going direct to your Hyndburn Councillor whoever it is - No luck there?
As well as that i even told our M.P. when he came around canvassing with him.
Old 20-10-2016, 12:48   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Rubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As well as that i even told our M.P. when he came around canvassing with him.
Whatever did you expect HIM to do?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 12:55   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Re: Rubbish

Quote:
Whatever did you expect HIM to do?
As the Councillor was with him he couldn't help but be aware, i expect someone to assist, who it is matters not as far as i'm concerned,so its nice to know everyone who is somebody knows and still nothing is done, but not to worry, an elephant never forgets.
Less and Barrie Yates like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..