Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Thumbs down rubbish coop? need a better supermarket!!

Can someone tell me why coop has gone so rubbish since they done it up, must be the manager, cuz the shelves are always empty, the foods expensive, and the staff are not at all helpful, except one or two, ive seen more use in a chocolate fire guard!! and in the morning they dont have anyone on the tills till at least 9-9.30 why have 3 tills?? you have to use the fag counter!! anyone else agree or disagree? and to top it of the food dont get reduced till the day its going out of date, ive never been to shop like it, the best thing to do with that is to SHUT IT DOWN!! open another, what shop should be there instead??
Old 08-05-2005, 10:47   #2
Always EVIL within us

Re: rubbish coop? need a better supermarket!!

I don't shop in the Co-op but if it is as bad as you say, then surely the shop will put itself out of business. All shops need profit.....and profit comes from the people that go there.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:42   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

got to agree panther,called in about 3 weeks ago its not a patch on what it used to be like under previous tenants, ossy could do with aproper supermarket,was served at fag counter cos only had a couple of things,there was 1 in front of me,2 if i stayed at the till with large baskets,needless to say the 2 at the till were through served while i was still waiting,hows that for service?
Old 08-05-2005, 15:10   #4
Give, give, give member

I've posted my complaint against the Co-op before, but here l go again.......

Having Parkinson's Disease I find it difficult to pack my bags and try and fiddle for money when paying [which is easier than paying by card, as the last time they refused to accept my signature, which changes because of my condition.]

When l shopped at the Co-op in Glasgow for two years, the staff put the goods directly into bags after scanning them. This was a great help not just for me but also for elderly people, or people trying to watch their children. The shop was about a quarter of the size of the Ossy Co-op, but much better stocked.

I've spoken to the Manager and twice phoned Head Office to suggest if this simple operation could be put in place here, but to no avail.

When l moved back I also tried to hand over my Co-op card, which used to pay me about £40 per year back in dividends as well as a contribution to my chosen charity. A blank stare was followed by the information that the scheme wasn't operated here. I thought the whole concept of co-operatives was that we the customer were members and benefited from our custom.

I don't shop there anymore, l haven't got much money but they aren't having it.

Last edited by garinda; 08-05-2005 at 17:35.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 15:15   #5
Resident Waffler

I haven't been in there for ages and from reading your comments I don't think I will be doing. With the sort of attitude they've got surly they will lose customers and eventually close down.

Would it matter what supermarket chain opened up there? If they had the same type of people serving it would just go the same way.

Having said that, how about a Spar?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 15:23   #6
Give, give, give member

There is a Spar in the westend, and the staff are great. Sadly the Co-op is the only town centre supermarket.

Re; the staff. Good management would or should ensure their staff provide good and friendly service. Thet aren't all bad, but many times l've been served without them saying a word to me, just a nod towards the till displayed total price. Please or a thank you didn't even come into it.

Old 08-05-2005, 16:48   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

At the Spar they pack the bags for you Garinda.
Old 08-05-2005, 17:59   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
At the Spar they pack the bags for you Garinda.
They do, and they are very friendly. On days when it's unsafe to drive it's too far for me to trot though.

Old 08-05-2005, 18:02   #9
Senior Member+

Have you tried Iceland Garinda? Home delivery is free if you spend £25 and they pack your bags! Nice bunch of staff in there too.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..