Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2005, 09:18   #1
Resting in Peace

Rubbish round Accrington

ok lets start this .....
if you see a pile of rubbish round the area post about it here with its location and a pic if you can with date and times and lets see what can be done !!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-06-2005, 09:27   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Rubbish round Accrington

These were taken down the back of India st 1/6/05 at 1pm

This has now gone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (66.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (75.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (64.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (82.0 KB, 21 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 12:49   #3
Beacon of light

I think this is a brilliant idea.....!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 13:00   #4
mez
God Member

wot a good idea mick, a pic blitz on the rubbish of accy.
Old 14-06-2005, 13:13   #5
Senior Member+

This is a view from my bedroom window, the wagon is full of bin bags over flowing with rubbish. It has been there for the last few weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rubbish 001.jpg (186.8 KB, 42 views)
Old 14-06-2005, 13:19   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
This is a view from my bedroom window, the wagon is full of bin bags over flowing with rubbish. It has been there for the last few weeks.
Why have'nt you reported it?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 14:05   #7
Resident Waffler

As they are in a truck HBC will say they are private property. I shall be out and about with my camera seeing what I can see, it isn't usually difficult. There's already a nice collection been blown into my garden which now according to HBC is mine!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 14:14   #8
Senior Member+

If it was a rare and expensive artefact it would belong to HBC.

As its rubbish you can keep it!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 14:18   #9
Member.

I was over on Saturday and did a little shopping in the town. I was disappointed at the amount of rubbish on the streets including fag ends and chewing gun stuck all over the pavements. Sweet wrappers and bags disregarded after people eating there pies and sandwiches blowing about the place. I know what you intended was on a greater scale, but I spent hours looking at the surviving architecture and buildings around Accrington and I was convinced that with a bit of care and attention people would want to come and visit the place, it really does have something to offer…..I think that what your trying to achieve Mick is worth while and a credit to the community. Maybe once a month you can get the Observer or HBC to publish the photos that members have taken and name and shame the offenders.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 20:35   #10

as i read the threads the other about rubbish i wonder what the council is doing.today i have driven down a road in acrrington close to two schools{one which is closed**and passed the van in thee above picture by janet i sympathise with you as that van is piled high with bags during the nice summer nights when we do get them it must be really nice having your windows open.
i have two suggestions contact the environmental health dept they may get the ball rolling.
or failing that i have a box of matches you could borrow.that is a disgrace to the community
scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 20:41   #11
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

all i say there is a lot of dirty lil sods about, who must stink themselves, because they dont give a s**T! how anyone can live like that is beyond me!
Old 16-06-2005, 08:37   #12
God Member

I see that the BBC website is running a little competition at the moment inviting people to send in 'Photographs of Britain'. It seems to me that it would be a good idea to send in piccys of all the rubbish dumped around Accy. You never know....If enough locals do it, the BBC could end up sending an investigative camera crew round...now that would embarrass Britcliff and HBC.

Here's the link with the info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/apictureof...petition.shtml
Old 16-06-2005, 12:00   #13
Resident Waffler

Thanks Tealeaf. That's not a bad idea.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 12:57   #14
God Member

Although I say it myself, I think it's a very good idea. No matter how many similar threads we run here on the rubbish problem in Accy, the simple fact is that it makes no difference whatsoever to the people in the Town Hall. The only thing that would make those wastrels sit up and do something would be if they were 'named and shamed' by an authority such as the BBC.

I think it would need only half a dozen people to send in piccys to the BBC website, clearly identifing Accrington, street and time and date, for someone to notice. It's worth a shot...I think we've already got a photographic libary of various rubbish piles over the last few years, so it may not even be neccessary to get out of the house.
Old 16-06-2005, 15:48   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good idea tealeaf cos normal channels obviously don't work.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..