Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 17:54   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Safe style uk??

My husband saw some close neibours of ours having some windows fitted by SafeStyle Uk, and we were thinking of having a new door fitted. I had heard nothing but bad stuff about this company and when I heard that he had made an appointment for a guy to call, I had a bit of a thrommer.
When the guy called, I told him that I had no intention of dealing with his company and i got a mouthful of Effing and Jeffing in return........I closed the door and rang the company but they weren't interested. A couple of weeks later it was in the Telegraph about these salesmen bad mouthing folk who didn't want to deal with them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2006, 17:57   #32
Senior Member+

funny this has appeared about safestyle as i have mentioned them in another thread about double glazing and how I physically threw the guy out of my house after he became aggresive towards my wife who said she wouldnt sign up...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 17:58   #33
God Member

I will say though that those council doors with a glass panel at the top and thin ply at the bottom are so useless it may as well not have a door, one lick and the panel is off. It only has little pins holding it in.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 21:49   #34
I am Banned

my friend got involved with this company and they said they would ring to make an arrangement to coem and give a quote

they rang while he was out and the answer machine picked up the message

the sales person or whatever didnt realise he hadnt put the phone down properly and we heard him saying to quote words to the effect " this ones got their house paid for they can afford the lot at top whack "

teh next time they rang he mentioned this event and was immidiatley hung up on and never heard from them again
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 11:53   #35
Resting in Peace

Safe Style have just rang to see if home visit still on and told them NO as at the moment we're not doing any changes to house. He sounded really upset LOL and then I put phone down.

Just hope they don't turn up on the off chance but if they do the answer will still be NO THANKS and please get off my property otherwise I'll call the Police!!!!!!

Thanks again to all who have posted on this item

Ber

Last edited by Ber999T; 13-08-2006 at 11:54. Reason: TYPOS
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 19:24   #36
God Member

Thanks for all your suggestions. Very much appreciated, and yes, I will be looking else where for a door. safe style uk tried too hard for my liking. And one way to put me off buying anything is to keep trying to pressure me into it.......so well done safe style uk you lost a customer before you even started.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 20:15   #37
I am Banned

I think they have lost quite a few specially before, during & after this thread LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..