Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 22:55   #1
God Member

Safe style uk??

How safe are they??

Now I remember a couple of month back watching watch dog, and safe style uk was on there. Can't say I watched avidly!! but enough to know I must not touch this company with a 2" stick. So today Ginger said " hey I have a quote for the back door to be fitted!!"............

i said " oh yeah who with ??"... he said " safe style uk ". Now remembering what I had heard off watchdog, I told him that I didn't really want to deal with this company. Ginger looking at me like I was a typical woman ( yeah what do you know )..............

So the fella turned up at 5pm. Very nice man. Came in and told us a quote for our back door. Then started to go into the cost of delivery, cost of building. cost of pee'ing to put it blunt.
So I gave Ginger the look of "I told you so"....so Ginger said to the fella " ok pal I will ring you, I want to get a few more quotes before I commit"........

The fella from safe style U.K stayed about another 30 minutes trying to convince us. Then he left when Ginger nearly threw him out. Only then after approx 15 mintes we had a phone call................." hello this is safe style UK................................"

I really dont think I will be going with this company. And they said the door will cost £3.000 but credit over 10 years will cost us £10.000???? hello I think I would pay outright.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2006, 23:10   #2
God Member

Re: Safe style uk??

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
And they said the door will cost £3.000 but credit over 10 years will cost us £10.000???? hello I think I would pay outright.
How much!!! Surely you must have the decimal point in the wrong place there! Will the door be gold plated?? Bloody hell that's expensive!!
Old 11-08-2006, 23:12   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
How much!!! Surely you must have the decimal point in the wrong place there! Will the door be gold plated?? Bloody hell that's expensive!!
exactly...i can get one of the lads off the street to kick it in for me, then i get it done on insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 11-08-2006, 23:15   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
i can get one of the lads off the street to kick it in for me,
Please be a little more choosey who you get to kick your back door in!
Old 11-08-2006, 23:18   #5
God Member

Quote:
Please be a little more choosey who you get to kick your back door in!
like I said ONE of them will do!!!!!more than one will kill me!!!

Not into backdoor bashing yet!!

Apparently a finger will slacken.....then move onto something bigger

Miracles do happen!!

Old 11-08-2006, 23:24   #6
God Member

ewwwwwwwww but then again thinking about him that came today!!!!!

He was about 70 years old........ no actuallly he can keep his fingers to himself

Miracles do happen!!

Old 11-08-2006, 23:27   #7
God Member

LMFAO!! ........ Just becareful that he doesn't force his finger in to far or the damage could be un-repairable
Old 11-08-2006, 23:29   #8
God Member

Quote:
LMFAO!! ........ Just becareful that he doesn't force his finger in to far or the damage could be un-repairable
A women can tense up as much as she likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And believe me...................yuckie... I would be flexing my pelvic muscles on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 12-08-2006, 01:01   #9
Senior Member+

get a quote from the double glazing place on oxford st near asda

i think they were quite cheap
Old 12-08-2006, 08:03   #10

I agree with Mani on this one - I have a brick outkitchen and Sureframe on Oxford St nr Asda installed a bay window (with all the glass that that has), a small plain window, and an excellent 5 point locking door with a small diamond window in it - all double glazed for just over £1300 last year, excellent job, quickly done
All they ask is a deposit - they don't want paying there and then - boss says when we ordered it to come in some time week after and pay once we're happy with job
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:06   #11
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

speaking from experience do not give Safe Syle the time of day we would not p*** on them if they were on fire. Leave well alone. The only person who did his job properly was the salesman, much to our regret. Oh and some three or four years on we where still receivng phone calls from them, they seem to have stopped now after telling them our number is listed with TPS.and any more calls would be classed as harrasment.

Last edited by MITZY; 12-08-2006 at 08:17.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:55   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc
an excellent 5 point locking door
So you fell for the 5 point locking bulls**t then. How many key holes does it have? One I would guess, so it has one point locking with 5 bolts, attack the one lock and all 5 bolts open.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:14   #13

Well its a damn sight better tha th'owd wooden door I had before with 1 bolt.

Insurance chappy had a look and said excellent for level of security needed, plus alarm and motion activated light at rear
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc
Well its a damn sight better tha th'owd wooden door I had before with 1 bolt.
For security I would rather have a good wooden door and a British Standard mortice lock than a plastic door with "five point locking" anytime. Find the thread on plastic doors and you will know how easy they are to open. ( less than 2 minutes with hardly a sound )
Old 12-08-2006, 10:56   #15

Thanks Neil - have read the articles - I stand corrected - but believe me that old backdoor was knackered - - new plastic is better - but as the article say - have flaws - will be investing in some of them sashjammers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..