Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2008, 12:34   #1
God Member

School play pictures

We've all seen or heard it, no pictures allowed at school plays/sports days etc

yet, why are the BBC allowed to film/show a 14 year old lad in his swimming trunks competing in the olympics?

Seems to smack of double standards to me.........

Thoughts etc?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2008, 12:40   #2
God Member

Re: School play pictures

When I attended my daughters Play I was sat on the front row like a Japanese tourist!

Also got loads at Sports Day

The school never commented on it and I gave them a copy of all the pics

I know on admission of school tho that you sign something to say it is ok to
take pictures of your child and them be on the website and things

Don't know how they get around that tho when they put on a play,
can't exclude children from events who are not allowed to have their photo taken
Old 19-08-2008, 12:58   #3
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: School play pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

yet, why are the BBC allowed to film/show a 14 year old lad in his swimming trunks competing in the olympics?

Thoughts etc?
Not forgetting the young girls on the beam, floor exercises etc.
Old 19-08-2008, 13:03   #4
God Member

Careful Jambutty, you'll be having plod knocking on your door mate!

Old 19-08-2008, 13:13   #5
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: School play pictures

Quote:
Careful Jambutty, you'll be having plod knocking on your door mate!
Plod can knock on my door any time he likes. He won’t find anything untoward if he searched for a thousand years. Although some bright plod (that has to be an oxymoron) might think that my red poppy garden is suspect. The red poppy is synonymous with Opium.

I was just pointing out that there are also young girls competing in the Olympics.
Old 19-08-2008, 13:40   #6
God Member

I know old chap, was just trying to point out how silly the whole thing is.

Re the red poppy, I have one on the front of my car for an entirely different 'meaning'. Starnge just how tthe same flower can represent such opposing ideologies.

Old 19-08-2008, 13:59   #7
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: School play pictures

Quote:
I know old chap, was just trying to point out how silly the whole thing is.

Re the red poppy, I have one on the front of my car for an entirely different 'meaning'. Starnge just how tthe same flower can represent such opposing ideologies.
Without the Opium Poppy there would be no Heroin, which is a good thing but there would also be no Morphine or other drugs that put a patient to sleep for operations, which is not so good.
Old 19-08-2008, 15:19   #8
God Member

Quote:

Thoughts etc?
As Accylass has said, when children start school parents are asked to sign a form saying they agree to photographs of the child being taken.

If all parents in school signed yes then you would be able to take as many photos as you like.

If a parent has said no to this then you will not be able to photograph a group of children with that child in it. If it's a play you will be able to take photos of your child and other children afterwards but not with that child in the group. Use of dvd cameras to record the play will not be allowed if one parent has not given permission.

If a parent has said no in most cases there is a genuine reason such as not wanting an ex partner to know their whereabouts.

If the child were to appear in the Observer in school colours it is obvious which area they are in and even which school they go to.

Even with personal photos/dvds you never know who is showing them to who.

The aim is to protect children who may be at risk from a violent or abusive person finding them and the person who currently looks after them.

The child in the olympics is obviously not in this situation and has had permission to have his photo taken.
Old 19-08-2008, 15:37   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
As Accylass has said, when children start school parents are asked to sign a form saying they agree to photographs of the child being taken.

If all parents in school signed yes then you would be able to take as many photos as you like.

If a parent has said no to this then you will not be able to photograph a group of children with that child in it. If it's a play you will be able to take photos of your child and other children afterwards but not with that child in the group. Use of dvd cameras to record the play will not be allowed if one parent has not given permission.

If a parent has said no in most cases there is a genuine reason such as not wanting an ex partner to know their whereabouts.

If the child were to appear in the Observer in school colours it is obvious which area they are in and even which school they go to.

Even with personal photos/dvds you never know who is showing them to who.

The aim is to protect children who may be at risk from a violent or abusive person finding them and the person who currently looks after them.

The child in the olympics is obviously not in this situation and has had permission to have his photo taken.
So does that really, really, make sense?

We all wander through life with stupid restrictions put on us by so called equality and privacy law that at one time would have been dealt with sensibly by all people and no fuss and bother.

Now, just a parent with a camera is deemed some sort of imaginary threat isn't it time we got back to reality and admitted that care of children is a priority, but most people taking a picture with your child in it aren't even interested, they just wanted a memory of their own little cherub so the idiots should butt out!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:41   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So does that really, really, make sense?

We all wander through life with stupid restrictions put on us by so called equality and privacy law that at one time would have been dealt with sensibly by all people and no fuss and bother.

Now, just a parent with a camera is deemed some sort of imaginary threat isn't it time we got back to reality and admitted that care of children is a priority, but most people taking a picture with your child in it aren't even interested, they just wanted a memory of their own little cherub so the idiots should butt out!
Hey, I didn't make these rules.

You still can take a photo of your cherub and their cherubic friends.

The only cherub you can't photograph is the cherub whose parents haven't given permission.

Last edited by Lilly; 19-08-2008 at 15:47. Reason: typo!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:46   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Hey, I didn't make these rules.

You still can take a photo of your cherub and their cherubic friends.

The only cherub you can't photograph is the cherub who's parents haven't given permission.
It wasn't you personally I meant, I do realise you are just quoting, I just wish we could go back to a lifetime when a parent, (or anyone), can take their picture without someone accusing them of being wrong, the large majority of piccys we all take are very boring to others and also of no threat to anyone.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:55   #12
God Member

There are always them few that spoil it for everyone
Old 19-08-2008, 16:02   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
It can feel like that but no-one is trying to spoil it.

I didn't understand either until I met someone in this position but if you were to photograph this person's child and the photo appeared in the paper or if you showed it to someone who knew this person and their child it could result in a violent ex partner finding them.

Currently they are living a peacful happy life together but all this could change if the ex partner found out where they were.
Old 19-08-2008, 16:10   #14
God Member

Quote:
It can feel like that but no-one is trying to spoil it.

I didn't understand either until I met someone in this position but if you were to photograph this person's child and the photo appeared in the paper or if you showed it to someone who knew this person and their child it could result in a violent ex partner finding them.

Currently they are living a peacful happy life together but all this could change if the ex partner found out where they were.

Noooooo!

When I made this comment:

Quote:
I meant the paedophiles/violent partners and such
Didn't mean it to sound like I was blaming the parents of them who don't agree to photo's being taken

Last edited by AccyLass; 19-08-2008 at 16:12.
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 18:38   #15
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I still say its a load of BULLOCKS!!!!! (nice way of spelling it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..