Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2006, 16:32   #16
I am Banned

Re: self service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Plenty.

That is what machines are for. Unfortuneatly for many, it is called progress. Machines allow companies to cut cost that they can then pass on to us customers.
if thats true how come there are many machines out there not fit to do fcuk all yet you still have a job ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2006, 23:18   #17
God Member

Tried the darn contraption and would rather queue up.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 23:39   #18
God Member

lol could have told you that spuggiej
Most technology is rubbish.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 23:45   #19
Senior Member+

twice i've been to tesco's and twice i've had some woman run to me as if i was doin it wrong and scanned them in for me

i think it just creates more suspicion on behalf of the customer

its like ur meant to keep the bag on the clippers until u tell it u've removed the bag

its all done on a weight system and it knows how much three bags of pasta shud weigh etc
Old 25-07-2006, 07:48   #20

we do the shopping online but I dont think I'd like to use a self-service till if I went to the store, I'd be worried about cocking it up and looking a fool
sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 10:11   #21
God Member

Well hopefully people will 'mis-scan' some products and Asda lose out, serves them right . I'm against big supermarkets... i'd rather shop in the market, specialy for fresh products like meat/fish/vege... it's much nicer.

I don't like supermarkets because they push out the smaller man, who might have products which the supermarket dont. As the supermarkets only sell what they can get off the shelves fast, which I really dislike.
Old 25-07-2006, 11:45   #22
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: self service

Quote:
That is what machines are for. Unfortuneatly for many, it is called progress. Machines allow companies to cut cost that they can then pass on to us customers.
That’ll be the day Neil!
Old 25-07-2006, 17:32   #23

Here is my Review on this as i used it yesterday! :

1) I arrived at the checkout as i had 10 items (The max is 15) to find it said "£9 please insert money and wait for reciept on the screen" which first of all isnt a good sign when you have not scanned anything yet, So i called an attendant over who said it looked like the last person to use the till did not pay and left the store! She clweared the screen and off we went.

2) I started to scan the items which were fine even the ones that were reduced (RED STICERS OVER BARCODE) actually worked ok, UNTI!!! i got to packets of things where it was hard work as you had to strech the plastic out on them so it was straight to read the barcode.

3) I looked at my reciept to find to of the MULTIBUY items i had just got had not knoced the discount off at the end!! So i then had to go to customer services to get it sorted and refunded which took 10 mins.

All in all it is faster and easier to use a checkout unless you have one or two items. I personally wont be using them again as i took me too long to beep them then pay with my cash card and pack it all! But its each to their own i suppose.

So if you use the checkouts make sure you get ur MULTIBUY items at the price they should be.
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 19:34   #24
God Member

I've got a good idea. I go to a screen thats got all the items on devided into areas,I scroll through and just tap on the ones I want however many times I want it, then the staff go and pick it for me while I sit and have a cuppa watchin tv. Then I pay and they put it in my car.
Old 25-07-2006, 20:49   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

aint used one, wont use one, if it comes that i have to then i will shop elsewhere - end of.
Old 25-07-2006, 21:28   #26
God Member

I don't think I would cashman, the whole idea of it is just too gimmicy for me to be bothered with.
Old 25-07-2006, 21:38   #27
Senior Member+

I think its about time that technology has finally arrived in accrington !...the safeway superstore which was near us in scotland (the company who morrisons bought) had them way back in 1998...it cuts queue waiting big time and is alot let hassle - we used them all the time..in and out pronto !....I was gobsmacked when I moved down here and saw the small asda that accy has...but then moving down here was a bit of a culture shock altogether but I have now got my head round it !

viva la self scanners !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 21:48   #28
God Member

yes but it's took asda a while to catch up. By the time this new lot took over the old asda store had become quite archaic, look at rawtenstalls for example.
It's took them all this time to refurb each store, and credit where it's due when they do they do it well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..