Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 09:46   #151
Resting in Peace

Re: Shannon Matthews found alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
It is obvious that this lady is not fit to have children in her care.
The children have been taken away from her with good cause.
The child abuse that these children suffered was not of the the making of the authorities but of the mother.
She should never in my opinion be allowed to control or parent any child in the future.
Totally agree Roy, one of her old mates (she ain't any more) said that she had kids just to keep her in fags and beer, and that she was a very scheming woman and nobodies fool. One can only hope that by the time she gets out she is no longer able to have kids, but if she is steps should be taken to make sure she can't
Old 12-12-2008, 09:55   #152
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Totally agree Roy, one of her old mates (she ain't any more) said that she had kids just to keep her in fags and beer, and that she was a very scheming woman and nobodies fool. One can only hope that by the time she gets out she is no longer able to have kids, but if she is steps should be taken to make sure she can't
With hindsight it's all very well her former friends saying now what an unfit mother she was. Why didn't they do something about it before she was charged with kidnapping Shannon?

This woman must be quite a plausible actress, as not only did she take in her friends and neighbours, who supported the search, but also the media who were queueing up to interview her, when they thought she was the new Kate McCann.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:06   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
With hindsight it's all very well her former friends saying now what an unfit mother she was. Why didn't they do something about it before she was charged with kidnapping Shannon?

i was thinking that as well... i watched the doco and one of them was saying she was round at the house and someone asked if she (shannons mum) had a spare needle and she said yeah, i keep them stuck in the wallpaper

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:40   #154
Resting in Peace

Quote:

This woman must be quite a plausible actress, as not only did she take in her friends and neighbours, who supported the search, but also the media who were queueing up to interview her, when they thought she was the new Kate McCann.
Maybe her old mates so her as one of them, doing exactly what they were doing Rindi, until she actually pulled a stunt like that, then they couldn't distance themselves from her far enough
Old 12-12-2008, 10:53   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well as people are not mind readers, perhaps the comment, should have been qualified? i certainly viewed it the same as others, ya never can tell these days with all the do-gooders in life.
I've found something which helps immensely with forums is a variation on doctors' Primum non nocere

First, assume no harm.

"Harm" might be malice, shrouded abuse, ignorance or some personal agenda; but if you read a post without the mindset that the author might be out to stir up trouble, your own response will be nicer. It could even work out that you don't not feel the need to respond at all.

If course, if that's not what Polly intended, and I'm the only one on AccyWeb who interpreted it as an assertion that any parent engaging in criminal activity is guilty of child abuse, then that makes me the wierdo...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:47   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post

If course, if that's not what Polly intended, and I'm the only one on AccyWeb who interpreted it as an assertion that any parent engaging in criminal activity is guilty of child abuse, then that makes me the wierdo...
fair enough, who else read it your way?
Old 12-12-2008, 13:48   #157

Quote:
fair enough, who else read it your way?
I don't think we'll get many responses to that, as the way someone interprets Polly's post says a lot about the way they look at the world...

Old 12-12-2008, 14:15   #158
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I don't think we'll get many responses to that, as the way someone interprets Polly's post says a lot about the way they look at the world...
didn't expect many as the question was directed at you. it also speaks volumes as to how you view the world.
Old 12-12-2008, 16:03   #159
Resting in Peace

Quote:
didn't expect many as the question was directed at you. it also speaks volumes as to how you view the world.
It would appears that great minds think alike cashy, especially on subjects like this, if people make sweeping statements and don't quantify them they must expect the response which was forthcoming
Old 12-12-2008, 18:36   #160
Senior Member+

I haven't read most of these posts, but was attracted to the thread heading through mis-reading it. Will some please let me know if there is ever a heading that says 'Stanley Matthews found alive.'
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 20:43   #161
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I haven't read most of these posts, but was attracted to the thread heading through mis-reading it. Will some please let me know if there is ever a heading that says 'Stanley Matthews found alive.'
He's playing center forward in a team with Elvis Presley in goal.
They were last seen in Blackpool

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 22:36   #162
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I've found something which helps immensely with forums is a variation on doctors' Primum non nocere

First, assume no harm.

"Harm" might be malice, shrouded abuse, ignorance or some personal agenda; but if you read a post without the mindset that the author might be out to stir up trouble, your own response will be nicer. It could even work out that you don't not feel the need to respond at all.

Perhaps this might shed a little more light on what was meant.

To quote Polly...

'For some kids their mother going to prison could be a blessing in disguise.
Having work,ed with children for over 20 years I am sure some would get a much better chance in life if they were removed from their natural families.'

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post524686

Old 12-12-2008, 23:13   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It would appears that great minds think alike cashy, especially on subjects like this, if people make sweeping statements and don't quantify them they must expect the response which was forthcoming
Quote:
Perhaps this might shed a little more light on what was meant.

To quote Polly...

'For some kids their mother going to prison could be a blessing in disguise.
Having work,ed with children for over 20 years I am sure some would get a much better chance in life if they were removed from their natural families.'

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post524686
thats good, pleased about that, then perhaps the comment should have been quantified?
Old 12-12-2008, 23:18   #164
Give, give, give member

Quote:
thats good, pleased about that, then perhaps the comment should have been quantified?
It would be interesting.

Old 13-12-2008, 00:07   #165

Quote:
Fair enough. I have no problems with my outlook.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..