Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2008, 16:25   #211
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Sharia Law Rules OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Accyman, why would you want to go to hell? Seriously, if the day comes and you find out that there really is a heaven and a hell and you have chosen the latter by your own free wil, are you really going to be happy with that choice?
But as a non believer he has nothing to be scared off. Maybe it is your fear that their may be a hell that keeps you believing in God. Using our fears against us has always been an ancient method of ensuring our belief.
Old 27-09-2008, 16:53   #212
Resident Waffler

Just because someone doesn't believe in something doesn't mean it isn't there. Actually my own belief of Hell is that it is a personal realisation that you were wrong and could have had all the benefits of Paradise but denied yourself them because you refuse to believe they existed. It will be an eternity of self torment looking at what might have been. A bit like Jim Bowen tormenting the losers on Bullseye with "Now, let's look at what you would have won!"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 17:17   #213
God Member

well if there is a god he forgives all sins so not much point in hell existing realy is there?

sure as hell aint gonna live my life by a fairy tale book thrown together by a few mens loony rantings about people walking on water and parting great seas and many other storys probably dreamt up by people smoking too much of the magic herb

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 17:18   #214
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
. Using our fears against us has always been an ancient method of ensuring our belief.
religion dosnt work any more so now we are controlled by fear of terrorism

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 27-09-2008, 17:39   #215
Resident Waffler

My religion isn't about fear. It's about joy.

Yes God forgives sinners, but not unrepentant ones.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 18:25   #216
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
My religion isn't about fear. It's about joy.

Yes God forgives sinners, but not unrepentant ones.
is there any religion out there that lets you do as you like and guarentees entry to heaven because i could cope with that ?

Old 27-09-2008, 20:07   #217
Passed away 25-11-09

Even growing up as a good Convent schoolgirl, I could never reconcile myself to the "final repentance and forgiveness" idea. Take Adolf Hitler: just suppose that, in the minute before he blew his brains out in that bunker in Berlin, he saw the error of his ways and said, "I've been a bad boy but I'm really sorry now, God. Please forgive all my sins". Even if he meant it, would he deserve to have the slate wiped clean, despite having the deaths of millions of people on his hands?

It's too simplistic, though maybe I'm coming at this from the Roman Catholic angle which is, after all, the one in which I was educated. Catholicism has the concept of Purgatory, you pay for a while then, when you've done your "time", you get admitted to Heaven. It also has the anomoly that if you confess and repent your sins, at the moment of your death, it's, "Come home, Hermione, all is forgiven", and you go straight to Paradise (Do not pass Purgatory. Do not collect £200).

A very wise, highly educated and intellectual old nun, the headmistress of Paddock House School until she retired in 1955, once had a theological discussion with me and my form at school. Surprisingly, for a nun, she didn't have any of the romanticised notions of an after-life spent hymn-singing and "sitting at the right hand of God" that tend to be the norm. When asked to define Heaven, Sister Mary Anthony replied, "Heaven is a state of mind". It impressed me then and it still does.
Old 28-09-2008, 09:26   #218
Resting in Peace

Well nobody relly knows if there is a heaven or hell, but it has often been said tha your heaven and hell are here on earth, life is what you make it, you make your own heaven and hell
Old 28-09-2008, 22:40   #219

I find it quite ironic shaker maker you being a GOD member. Sorry
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 22:43   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think they call it natural progression JB.

Personally I call it Chinese Whispers
Old 28-09-2008, 22:48   #221
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
I find it quite ironic shaker maker you being a GOD member. Sorry
We all get labelled 'god member' after a certain number of posts.
The way to avoid it is to make a donation to the running costs of the site.
Then you can call yourself anything.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 22:54   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The way to avoid it is to make a donation to the running costs of the site.
Then you can call yourself anything.

Does idiot count?
Old 28-09-2008, 22:54   #223
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Well, if you notice found this default extremely sexist, so altered mine accordingly ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 23:01   #224
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Does idiot count?
Go for it...................

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 23:10   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Go for it...................

First class idiot aboard

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..