Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Britain pull out of Europe?
Yes 31 79.49%
No 7 17.95%
Not Sure 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2004, 20:39   #31
Accrington Web Mascot

Re: Should we pull out of Europe?

I voted "yes lets get out"! I think we should be a bit selfish and concentrate on sorting our own troubles out without trying to get too involved with the rest of the EU's problems. That's one thing you can say about the USA - they do want they want, when they want to, but usually for their own best interests. I don't think we should go quite as far - but you know what I mean. We're too busy trying not to upset anyone and the country is going to the pits.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2004, 20:44   #32
Member.

Well said...Shortstuff
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 05:10   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
I voted "yes lets get out"! I think we should be a bit selfish and concentrate on sorting our own troubles out without trying to get too involved with the rest of the EU's problems. That's one thing you can say about the USA - they do want they want, when they want to, but usually for their own best interests. I don't think we should go quite as far - but you know what I mean. We're too busy trying not to upset anyone and the country is going to the pits.
I also agree with you young lady, apart from voting YES, but that's your right. But I think you were a bit off course with "going to the pits" it should have read "gone to the pits"
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 04:17   #34
God Member

The phrase is, actually, "going to the dogs" but the point is taken.

For those of you who are interested in such things it might be worth while keep an eye on what the Italian Government has to say regarding European Interest rates in the coming months.

Italy is massively in debt and has a stagnating economy, many there, including the Prime Minister, Berlusconi, blame the European Central Bank for not relaxing interest rates. There are rumours that they will threaten to dump the Euro and re-issue the Lira. This may have the effect of frightening the Central Bank into lowering interest rates. which in turn could open the door for other member states to blackmail Europe. Or if the Central Bank refuse then Italy will make good its threat and re-issue the Lira which will bring the whole fairy tale castle tumbling down.

It is said that the collapse of the Euro is unthinkable, but experience shows that it does not take much to translate the unthinkable into the inevitable, especially where paper money is concerned.
Old 30-08-2005, 11:59   #35
God Member

Yes pull out its bad for us just look at what them bams have done withe their meddling. They are at least 20 years behind the UK in many things. Unfortunatly were would all the lackies that are there with our so called MSP's do?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 14:13   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob

I notice in the news yesterday that htere was an announcement that the Referendum on the EU Consitution would not be held until the end of 2006. That is two and a half years away. .
What kind of calendar are you using? End of 2006 is only a year and a couple of months away.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 14:26   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
What kind of calendar are you using? End of 2006 is only a year and a couple of months away.
Not if the original quote was dated June 2004.

Sometimes it pays to read the small print.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 14:36   #38
God Member

I stand corrected.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 16:41   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Not if the original quote was dated June 2004.

Sometimes it pays to read the small print.
Thanks for that one mate.

Gayle, you are going to have to sharpen up if you are going to catch Britcliffe.
Old 19-08-2011, 20:36   #40
Give, give, give member

Well successive promised referendums have come and gone, but at least seven years later, we can still have our say in the Accy Web poll.

(No, it wasn't me. Someone else must have voted, and resurrected this thread.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 20:43   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well successive promised referendums have come and gone, but at least seven years later, we can still have our say in the Accy Web poll.

(No, it wasn't me. Someone else must have voted, and resurrected this thread.)

Noticed this myself, thought I had gremlins, checked other posts and thought, yes dodgy bumped thread, cheers.

And it wasn't me
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 20:52   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
Noticed this myself, thought I had gremlins, checked other posts and thought, yes dodgy bumped thread, cheers.

And it wasn't me
Though it did seem rude not to vote, seeing as someone has revived it, after I saw that I hadn't when I was a teenager.

Old 19-08-2011, 21:04   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Though it did seem rude not to vote, seeing as someone has revived it, after I saw that I hadn't when I was a teenager.

Yep, couldn't understand why I missed this back in the depths of time. Predictably enough, a similar voting pattern to the one you started more recently.

What a pity that politicians on both sides seem determined to ignore the wishes of the British people.
Old 19-08-2011, 21:20   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yep, couldn't understand why I missed this back in the depths of time. Predictably enough, a similar voting pattern to the one you started more recently.

What a pity that politicians on both sides seem determined to ignore the wishes of the British people.
Still, with a new series of the X-Factor about to start, we do get to exercise our democratic right to vote on what we want the future to be.

Old 20-08-2011, 08:57   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Still, with a new series of the X-Factor about to start, we do get to exercise our democratic right to vote on what we want the future to be.

Oh no not the bloody X-Factor

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..