Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2012, 15:43   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: So Cameron doesn't want a referendum on in or out of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
While I get what you are saying Cashy, I don't think that UKIP will ever get into power to be able to act on the people will. The only thing that UKIP have in their favour is to scare the bejasus out of the three main parties.....who are so similar now that you could hardly get a sheet of Bronco between them.
Sheet of bronco you've been watching our Tim on bargin hunt too much Margaret
Old 30-06-2012, 16:07   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Simple fact is,i give people a chance to tell the truth, before i discount em. Plus only a numpty could imagine em getting in, but enough could vote fer em to worry the others, or is that hard to comprehend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
While I get what you are saying Cashy, I don't think that UKIP will ever get into power to be able to act on the people will. The only thing that UKIP have in their favour is to scare the bejasus out of the three main parties.....who are so similar now that you could hardly get a sheet of Bronco between them.
I already said that.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:17   #18
Resting in Peace

Can't weigh Call me Dave up, he's now saying he could consider a vote on Europe, he changes his mind as regularly as he changes his socks, but if he does it would have to be binding or its not worth a light
Old 01-07-2012, 11:20   #19
Super Moderator

And now this pompous little get has said we can't have an EU referendum until the debt crisis has been sorted, So that'll be sometime never then.

Britain must wait for Europe referendum, says William Hague - Telegraph
Old 01-07-2012, 11:45   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Lads, lads you're being conned again ! It's typical bolitico speak, the usually lies & BS, saying what the good peoples of the land want to hear & how they'd really love to do it but ...... then chucking in a disclaimer as to why it's out of their hands & beyond their control due to some nasty peoples (probably the Germans) elsewhere.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:56   #21
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Can't weigh Call me Dave up, he's now saying he could consider a vote on Europe, he changes his mind as regularly as he changes his socks, but if he does it would have to be binding or its not worth a light
He promised that on the Lisbon Treaty then did a U turn. Remember
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:05   #22
Beacon of light

100 of his own backbenchers are currently giving him pain about his refusal to allow a referendum...and some of them are(allegedly) considering defecting to UKIP...we'll wait and see...anyway this bit of political argy bargy keeps the repugnant, slimy, double dealing banking situation off the front pages for the day...though I'm pretty sure that one isn't going away either.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 16:50   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonx View Post
camerons done more u-turns than a boy racer with a new handbrake.Hes even done a u-turn on his no u-turns policy.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 17:28   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That was good old Gordon well before Call Me Daves time
Old 01-07-2012, 17:46   #25
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That was good old Gordon well before Call Me Daves time
Confirming a complete U-turn on his "cast iron guarantee" that the Tory government would hold a public vote on the controversial treaty. David Cameron 04/11/2009

Guardian News
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 17:57   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Confirming a complete U-turn on his "cast iron guarantee" that the Tory government would hold a public vote on the controversial treaty. David Cameron 04/11/2009

Guardian News
The "Grauniad", that's why Jay didn't see it.
Old 01-07-2012, 18:30   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The main partys will not act on the peoples will, U.K.I.P. on the other hand are more likely too I.M.H.O.
Cameron is on his own, and evidently too stupid and stubborn to have properly considered the weight of opposition from the vast bulk of the electorate against the strictures being imposed on us by Brussels. It seems that the EU exerts such a stranglehold on this once proud nation that our politicians have been cowed into raising the flag of surrender no matter what. Shame on them all.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 19:08   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
And now this pompous little get has said we can't have an EU referendum until the debt crisis has been sorted, So that'll be sometime never then.

Britain must wait for Europe referendum, says William Hague - Telegraph
The debt crisis would be a lot better the day after we pulled out of Europe by quite a few billion quid.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 20:38   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Lads, lads you're being conned again ! It's typical bolitico speak, the usually lies & BS, saying what the good peoples of the land want to hear & how they'd really love to do it but ...... then chucking in a disclaimer as to why it's out of their hands & beyond their control due to some nasty peoples (probably the Germans) elsewhere.

I think very few people now believe these empty promises.

Which utter from mainstream politicans mouths, with ever increasing frequency, the nearer we draw to an Election...and they start to run scared.

My X will be a protest vote, because this important issue goes to the very core of all our lives.

If people don't have a democratic right to decide our own future, that future looks very bleak indeed.

Nevermind this sceptred isle...set in a silver sea, the prophecy about 'rivers of blood' will be much more likely, if this question isn't addressed soon.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 22:32   #30

If we did vote to leave the EU who's going to make sure my banana is straight?

It will NEVER happen.

Last edited by ToffeeGuy; 01-07-2012 at 22:37.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..