Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2012, 09:11   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry So Cameron doesn't want a referendum on in or out of Europe

As Eurozone agree bank bailout, Cameron says he doesn¿t want a referendum on Britain¿s EU membership | Mail Online

So Call Me Dave doesn't want a in/out referendum on European membership even though more and more Tory MPs are moving in that direction, well Dave the majority of the British People DO. Well at least he's got one thing right, more and more Tories are moving to UKIP, more than you actually think, because most Tories I speak to are sick of being told what to do in our own country by unelected bureaucrats from Brussels, nobody in this country as ever been asked about a federal European government, which to all intents and purposes is what we've now got by default, Its time our elected representatives at Westminster started listening to the people who elect them and stuff the Party line, and that's which ever party line you like Tory, Labour or Lib/Dem

Last edited by jaysay; 30-06-2012 at 09:13.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2012, 10:03   #2
Senior Member+

Re: So Cameron doesn't want a referendum on in or out of Europe

I'm afraid the days of Politicians taking any notice of what we want have long since gone Jaysay, the only time they actually listen is when their jobs are on the line and even then its only to pay lip service to our concerns, they've no intention of actually acting on the wishes of oiks like us!

Best regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 10:32   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I'm afraid the days of Politicians taking any notice of what we want have long since gone Jaysay, the only time they actually listen is when their jobs are on the line and even then its only to pay lip service to our concerns, they've no intention of actually acting on the wishes of oiks like us!

Best regards - Taggy
Ya then they wonder why more and more people are not voting, In 1987 the turnout in Hyndburn at the GE was around 82% two years ago it was around 60% I know its always said if you don't vote you don't have a say, but if you do vote all the elected members do is shout !!SUCKER!! and then stick two fingers up, then they wonder why people are so disillusioned
Old 30-06-2012, 10:36   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Like i n others said long ago, The only remote chance of owt changing is to vote U.K.I.P. if enough people do, Then n only then will the "Untouchables" crap themselves n give us a referendum.
Old 30-06-2012, 13:47   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Like i n others said long ago, The only remote chance of owt changing is to vote U.K.I.P. if enough people do, Then n only then will the "Untouchables" crap themselves n give us a referendum.
Who's to say U.K.I.P. wont change their minds if ever they get in. They all pee in the same pot.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 14:12   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Who's to say U.K.I.P. wont change their minds if ever they get in. They all pee in the same pot.
Simple fact is,i give people a chance to tell the truth, before i discount em. Plus only a numpty could imagine em getting in, but enough could vote fer em to worry the others, or is that hard to comprehend?
Old 30-06-2012, 14:18   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I would think there's very little chance of them doing that Frank, after all ever since their inception that has basically been their only policy, pulling out of Europe, its in their constitution
Old 30-06-2012, 14:24   #8
Senior Member+

Havn't you heard?

The powers that be in Europe want monetary and fiscal union - they say that is the only way to keep the Euro going -they won't back down - they want everyone in a European Superstate! So we don't have a say!

They are all in it together!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 14:28   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Havn't you heard?

The powers that be in Europe want monetary and fiscal union - they say that is the only way to keep the Euro going -they won't back down - they want everyone in a European Superstate! So we don't have a say!

They are all in it together!
Urm yes that's basically what the links about
Old 30-06-2012, 14:46   #10
God Member

the only polititions that want to stay in the EU are probbably those with their eye on a future cushy number been a euro MP when they get kicked out of or voted out of UK politics

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 14:53   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Urm yes that's basically what the links about
I'm telling you why there isn't going to be one - because they all want the EU to be running our lives - so this isn't a democracy!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 14:59   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I'm telling you why there isn't going to be one - because they all want the EU to be running our lives - so this isn't a democracy!
Well we know that, we've known that for years, because they already know the result and it won't be in their favour, but in the article it says we will have to negotiate the terms, which should be put to the people like it was in Ireland and but was refused us by Gordon the last time there were renegotiation's
Old 30-06-2012, 15:02   #13
Beacon of light

There is a steadily growing tide of opposition from members of his own party.....they see that David Cameron is out of touch with what the electorate are saying.....I think they realise that, at an election, this could be a deciding factor........they may promise to hold a referendum(and may actually do so) but there is nothing to say that they would act on the will of the people.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 15:05   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is a steadily growing tide of opposition from members of his own party.....they see that David Cameron is out of touch with what the electorate are saying.....I think they realise that, at an election, this could be a deciding factor........they may promise to hold a referendum(and may actually do so) but there is nothing to say that they would act on the will of the people.
The main partys will not act on the peoples will, U.K.I.P. on the other hand are more likely too I.M.H.O.
Old 30-06-2012, 15:20   #15
Beacon of light

While I get what you are saying Cashy, I don't think that UKIP will ever get into power to be able to act on the people will. The only thing that UKIP have in their favour is to scare the bejasus out of the three main parties.....who are so similar now that you could hardly get a sheet of Bronco between them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..