Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 15:10   #1

Spar

Noticed the Spar in Clayton has a notice in the window stating no parking, parking for Spar customers only if you are not a customer your car will be clamped as this shop is on Whalley road with no parking bays I don't see how they can get away with this.
esteemedjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2010, 17:44   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Spar

That's interesting .. can't see that LCC would be going into a scheme such as this to sell/rent road space outside a shop property on their highway, like residential parking for instance. Sounds like the proprietor is trying it on or summat ?

Does need investigation methinks.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 23:51   #3
God Member

if they clamped a car they would be breaking the law and would be deemed as theft .dont think they own the public highway
Old 07-02-2010, 07:41   #4
Junior Member+

I stopped using that shop

Last edited by Neil; 07-02-2010 at 08:43. Reason: could cause problems for the forum
accytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:00   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accytrader View Post
I stopped using that shop
Exactly
Old 07-02-2010, 15:10   #6
God Member

personaly i hope somone goes into the shop and tries to remove any clamp with the shop owners skull.

its just like how ossy mills seem to think they can put traffic cones out on the road to stop people parking legaly just because they are a supposedly big buisness.

no yellow lines or zig zags etc and its tough titties for them i say lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-02-2010 at 15:13.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 15:21   #7
God Member

been a while since i was down there but isntthere a doctors next door to that spar or somthing and if so are they likely to be clamped too ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 15:34   #8

no the docs is on the next block the vets is on the corner of the next block down and has no parking as its near the crossing so i park at the spar when i'm collecting my dogs food as the bags are heavy
Old 07-02-2010, 15:38   #9
God Member

Is this the small Spar up near(ish) the Greyhound ........?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 16:17   #10

yes
Old 07-02-2010, 16:46   #11

get a life, he aint even got a clamp, he is simply trying to keep the street cleasr for his customers, surely you can't knock him for that, I have seen people parking outside his shop and going for thier nails painting over the road, 6 hourss later they move on, no doubt the owner of the spar will loose business if customers can't park.
I presume all you whingers don't have your own business, when you have and you are reliant on outside parking it is a problem because it is taking food out of his kids mouths, enough said
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 16:57   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
get a life, he aint even got a clamp, he is simply trying to keep the street cleasr for his customers, surely you can't knock him for that
It is a public road so anyone can park there.

I can't understand why anyone would put a sign in a shop threatening people with lies?
Old 07-02-2010, 17:20   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
get a life, he aint even got a clamp, he is simply trying to keep the street cleasr for his customers, surely you can't knock him for that, I have seen people parking outside his shop and going for thier nails painting over the road, 6 hourss later they move on, no doubt the owner of the spar will loose business if customers can't park.
I presume all you whingers don't have your own business, when you have and you are reliant on outside parking it is a problem because it is taking food out of his kids mouths, enough said
And to add to that It's not all that easy to take the food out of the kids mouth's when you run a grocery business.

Don't make me laugh I'm not well.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 07-02-2010 at 17:22.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 17:54   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Steady Duggie, reading through your comments, you are also based in the same area, yes parking all over the place & denying access to your business's is a naus, but what are people supposed to do ?? they have to park somewhere & as to calling people, well they're just stating their views too, if you're going to call someone try & be diplomatic about it eh ??
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 18:13   #15

yeah no probs, it simply winds me up when inconsiderate people park for ages outside your business, shop keepers need free space to get customers through the door, this will all fall into insignificance once the new bus lane arrives, no parking for anybody, that should kill of a few more local shops, well done LCC
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..