Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 18:45   #16
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Spar

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
yeah no probs, it simply winds me up when inconsiderate people park for ages outside your business, shop keepers need free space to get customers through the door, this will all fall into insignificance once the new bus lane arrives, no parking for anybody, that should kill of a few more local shops, well done LCC
Oh you never know maybe you'll get more passing trade if the Bus is going past your door, you won't need parking then.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2010, 15:18   #17
God Member

Quote:
yeah no probs, it simply winds me up when inconsiderate people park for ages outside your business, shop keepers need free space to get customers through the door, this will all fall into insignificance once the new bus lane arrives, no parking for anybody, that should kill of a few more local shops, well done LCC
And may we ask what your business is......?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 16:41   #18
God Member

Quote:
how about people get of their fat arse's and walk a few yards.That shop has been there for donkeys years and if he is suffering loss of trade i hightly doubt its because a car cant park outside his shop its more the fact that there are other alternatives to choose from like teh shop across the road plus cheaper shops further into clayton which incidently dont have threat of clamping signs in their windows

the sign has probably caused the arrogant sod even more loss of trade lol

if you want parking for your customers move location to somewhere with a private carpark

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 16:44   #19
Resting in Peace

Can't be sure, but don't think it is there now .... was driving. If it is, can't be that big.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 16:45   #20

My brother lives 2 mins from that shop and would rather walk to the co-op.

Last edited by Neil; 09-02-2010 at 20:56.
mumtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 16:51   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtotwo View Post
My brother lives 2 mins from that shop and would rather walk to the co-op.
he should drive there they have decent parking facilities

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by Neil; 09-02-2010 at 20:56.
Old 09-02-2010, 17:06   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
he should drive there they have decent parking facilities

That's it... you just encourage the lad to nick a car 1st
Old 09-02-2010, 18:18   #23
Junior Member+

he doesn't have a clamp and to be honest even if he did i can't see him actually using it. the sign could be there for when they get deliveries and stuff so that if there is cars in the way he knows that the person won't be long because they are only in the shop x
Old 09-02-2010, 18:29   #24
God Member

in that case he shoudl purchase a please dont park here when deliveries are due sign and not put up signs threatenig clamping peoples cars .My pal has a main road buisness and simply asks cars to move or makes do when loading his van what he dosnt do is threaten to clamp people cars and get peoples backs up as it would be extreemly bad for buisness and would end up having negative remarks amde about him on the local website lol

Old 09-02-2010, 21:02   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Please can we keep the thread to talking about the parking issues and not make accusations about the shop that might cause trouble for this site.
Old 09-02-2010, 23:26   #26
Senior Member+

i live (soon i wont be) close to that shop and i have never noticed the sign. Of course i am just a pedrestian and dont care where people park as long as long as it is not outside my house where they will be clamped!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Last edited by Neil; 09-02-2010 at 23:34. Reason: *'s
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..