Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2009, 21:35   #16
God Member

Re: stockleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Crikey! Glad I bought a 1lb of Coltsfoot Rock from the stall in the market hall this morning. Might have to go back and buy up their remaining stock...I'm addicted to the stuff!

dont you dare Mr, thats all mine...she said she was running out when i got some the other day....if they havent got any next week when i go for some you've had it
Old 26-09-2009, 21:36   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
LOL!! OK will Do!

Best Regards - Taggy
Cheers, Taggy, will have to ration my remaining stocks now!
Old 26-09-2009, 21:38   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
dont you dare Mr, thats all mine...she said she was running out when i got some the other day....if they havent got any next week when i go for some you've had it
On second thoughts, think I'd rather go without than risk Flashy's wrath!
Old 26-09-2009, 21:38   #19
God Member

Wyn, are you a sucker or are you a biter? i like to suck mine till i get a hole in it then it goes all soft....then i bite it

coltsfoot rock that is
Old 26-09-2009, 21:40   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Was in Ossy Mills last Monday and a member of staff was filling the sweets up. I asked had they any sasparalla (sp) drops/tablets. She didn't have a clue what i was on about said she'd never heard of them. With sales staff like that, well it doesn't really suprise me.

But i do feel sorry for the staff whose getting laid of and having to work for two weeks without pay, well it's disgusting.
Try this one.Retro Sweets 900g Of Sarsaparilla Boiled Sweets on eBay (end time 12-Oct-09 13:36:38 BST)

Loads of others on Google.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 21:41   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wyn, are you a sucker or are you a biter? i like to suck mine till i get a hole in it then it goes all soft....then i bite it

coltsfoot rock that is
I would like to suck it, because then it'd last longer, but I always end up crunching it. Just got through six pieces in the last 20 minutes.
Old 26-09-2009, 21:48   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I would like to suck it, because then it'd last longer, but I always end up crunching it. Just got through six pieces in the last 20 minutes.

lol, i got a quarter yesterday and i've still got half of it left, i break them up so i can fit them in mi mouth...they last longer

there's a stall on Blackburns 3 day market that sells it in the Stockleys bags, i hope they have quite a few in stock....the health stall thats been there for years, the one that sells sasperella on tap
Old 26-09-2009, 21:55   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
lol, i got a quarter yesterday and i've still got half of it left, i break them up so i can fit them in mi mouth...they last longer
Good idea, Flashy, might have to resort to that if there's a Coltsfoot Rock shortage!
Old 26-09-2009, 22:05   #24
God Member

Serious question.....does anyone know a member of the Stockley Staff who have been made redundant and were part of the manufacturing team making the products mentioned on this forum?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 22:10   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Serious question.....does anyone know a member of the Stockley Staff who have been made redundant and were part of the manufacturing team making the products mentioned on this forum?

your now gonna tell us to get the recipe's off them and make our own aint ya? lol
Old 26-09-2009, 22:14   #26
God Member

Quote:
your now gonna tell us to get the recipe's off them and make our own aint ya? lol
Not me Flashy...........This maybe a job offer....don't crab it.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 22:15   #27
God Member

lol
Old 27-09-2009, 17:08   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Thanks, but not that desparate (sp) for them.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 06:49   #29

Posted via Mobile Device That really is a shame. I seldom purchase goods from Ossy Mills; when I do, it is always sausage from the butcher and sweets from Stockley's

Last edited by Mick; 28-09-2009 at 06:59.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 10:32   #30
Senior Member+

This may cheer the sweet toothed up ;-

Rescue deal for Hyndburn sweet makers (From Lancashire Telegraph)
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..