Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2005, 21:41   #1

Sunbeds...

I'm not a tanned lass but after seeing all the sun over the weekend I thought I'd try a few minutes on a sunbed. When I asked the woman she said to me, Just go on for six minutes. I thought she was taking the p**s out of me. SIX MINUTES! How short is that. Anyway on I went and when I got off i didn't feel any different.

That was this afternoon. Now I look like a bloody lobster just been cooked. Can't believe the difference six minutes has made. Why is it I burn so much yet some people go on everyday and just tan?
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2005, 22:08   #2

Re: Sunbeds...

Maybe you'll think twice next time...lol lobster!
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:12   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

are you blond or pale skinned? apparently you fry better if so lol
Old 20-06-2005, 22:13   #4

Steph is a bit of both but she looks deep fried
Old 20-06-2005, 22:18   #5
Senior Member+

whoops !
p.s. how much are they now.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:20   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

always a bad idea for people of that complex reidy!
Old 20-06-2005, 22:23   #7

You can say that again but she won't listen - She's a woman
Old 20-06-2005, 22:33   #8
God Member

There so powerful nowadays, gone are the times when you had to go on 30 minutes minimum. Just think steph in a couple of days you'll have be a nice brown lobster or a peeling one!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:47   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
You can say that again but she won't listen - She's a woman
woman isnt ment to listen mate just obeyed.
Old 21-06-2005, 07:15   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
I'm not a tanned lass but after seeing all the sun over the weekend I thought I'd try a few minutes on a sunbed. When I asked the woman she said to me, Just go on for six minutes. I thought she was taking the p**s out of me. SIX MINUTES! How short is that. Anyway on I went and when I got off i didn't feel any different.

That was this afternoon. Now I look like a bloody lobster just been cooked. Can't believe the difference six minutes has made. Why is it I burn so much yet some people go on everyday and just tan?
Steph please be carefull !! i had a friend that went on a sunbed only once she had a mole on her shoulder and it turned cancerous after sadly she died of it .
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 08:06   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

got to agree 100% with mick steph,they are dangerous.
Old 21-06-2005, 08:36   #12
Resident Waffler

Sunbeds are a highly speeded up version of "tanning"(for which read "cooking yourself under sunlight").If the sun affect you badly then a sunbed will do only more so. Did you use any cream/lotion/spray as you would have done if sunbathing outdoors? Remember we are advised to use at least SF15 at first. Have you seen the Boots ads?

Awful what appened to your friend Mick. Anyone with moles should be careful of the sun and sunbeds. Both can cause skin cancer.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 09:41   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
I'm not a tanned lass but after seeing all the sun over the weekend I thought I'd try a few minutes on a sunbed.
Try a sun shower next time Steph they are even better, quicker and a more even tan and you don't get no white stripe labels down the sides of your bod !

When there is a shortagen of real sun I'm off for 9 minutes of sun shower fantasy that I'm led on a Spanish beach, only thing is there's no sexy Spanish waiter to bring me a cold beer in the tanning shops !
Old 21-06-2005, 13:21   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I haven't been on a sunbed for years but I do know that they are so powerful now that a few minutes is enough. I am fair skinned and I will tan but only with care. If I burn I've had it. You do need to wear some kind of protective cream on sunbeds now. They tend to do their own creams at tanning shops as they used to reckon that using normal SPF doesn't protect on a sunbed or may cause rashes.. and I reckon it's so that they can charge you an extra quid for the cream..

I would keep off the sunbed Steph. It's not worth looking like a lobster in order to try to get a tan. I would rather be pale and interesting than brown and wrinkly...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 13:30   #15
Beacon of light

they would have to pay me to use a sunbed.........If I wanted to look tanned for a special occasion then I would have one of those spray on jobs done.......no fried and peeling skin after one of those.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..