Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2013, 19:32   #1
God Member

suspicous

I know this happened years ago ,but I would like to know how you can take your own head off with a chainsaw and they came to a conclusion not suspicious death A man who was found with his head severed by a chainsaw was fighting to stay in a block of 70 flats in Hampshire cleared for redevelopment.

David Phyall, 50, was the last tenant at the Atlantic Housing Ltd housing association flats in Eastleigh.
His body was found by police on 5 July, who said his death was not suspicious. Post-mortem tests showed he died of a "complete transection of the neck".
An inquest was opened and adjourned at Winchester Coroner's Court on Friday.
There's nothing suspicious about the death

Spokesman for coroner

A spokesman for the coroner said: "As far as we know nobody else was involved.
"There's nothing suspicious about the death. It was in his flat on Bodmin Road.
"The place is all due to be redeveloped. He was the last resident left there. He lived there alone."
A Hampshire Constabulary spokeswoman confirmed his death was not suspicious. "We were called to the address on Bodmin Road on 5 July at approximately 4.20pm to a non-suspicious death," she said.
Old 27-04-2013, 20:17   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: suspicous

You could of course experiment to find out if it's possible,
PLEASE.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 20:23   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You could of course experiment to find out if it's possible,
PLEASE.
Seconded.
Old 27-04-2013, 23:05   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

A chainsaw would have your head on in a second if you fell while using it. I did some precarious tree pruning (ok I cut it down in small ish pieces) one slip while up in the tree and a very nasty accident could have happened. Calm down you lot, you missed your chance to push me as the tree is down now
Old 28-04-2013, 00:47   #5
God Member

seems a bit strange he completely took his head off
Old 28-04-2013, 01:01   #6
Senior Member+

Stranger things have happened.
Old 28-04-2013, 07:53   #7

A guy (carpenter) once cut his head off with a home-made guillotine. Rigged it up over his bed with a timer switch so it presumably went off when he was asleep. His dad heard the bump in the night but didn't think much off it until he went to wake him next morning!
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 08:17   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seconded.
All in favour
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 10:18   #9
Full Member+

Ooh, I'm eating my breakfast while reading this. Think I'll just have a brew instead now.!
Old 28-04-2013, 12:23   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
A guy (carpenter) once cut his head off with a home-made guillotine. Rigged it up over his bed with a timer switch so it presumably went off when he was asleep. His dad heard the bump in the night but didn't think much off it until he went to wake him next morning!
Did he manage to wake him up ?
Old 28-04-2013, 13:09   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Did he manage to wake him up ?
Well he did shout "Come on sleepy head!" but as to the body?
Old 28-04-2013, 13:25   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well if this is going to be a Ripleys belive it or not thread,

I suggest it's moved to anything goes?

Here's my Urban Leg-end, (you'll understand the hyphen in a second).

A man wearing sandals and using a hover mower one summers evening ran over his foot severing his big toe.
When I read about his unfortunate luck, as callous as I am I couldn't help smiling.
However I didn't have time to compose myself and guiltily remark 'Oh what a shame', as the next sentence announced that the toe then poked his eye out, yes I know tragic for him but I went into absolute fits of unsympathetic laughter.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 14:06   #13
God Member

If the chain saw in question is going to get away with it, why don't the government use some common sense and keep it in storage with Abu Qutada
jaysay and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 28-04-2013, 21:01   #14
God Member

i have no idea if this is true or just something my mates dad told us as a joke but allegedly my mates dad was sawing a block of wood in teh back yard in winter and didnt feel himself sawing through his thumb and wasnt aware of what he had done until he lost his grip.

i wont name names but will say york street accy if anyone else recognises that tale lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 08:21   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i have no idea if this is true or just something my mates dad told us as a joke but allegedly my mates dad was sawing a block of wood in teh back yard in winter and didnt feel himself sawing through his thumb and wasnt aware of what he had done until he lost his grip.

i wont name names but will say york street accy if anyone else recognises that tale lol
My Father cut his finger off using a circular flat bed saw and never felt a thing, until he got to hospital, then I believe it was a tad painful
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..