Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2009, 17:04   #151
God Member

Re: swine flu case confirmed from hyndburn park school!

Jay i reckon swine flu would be bad for both me and you anyway, due to our asthma, worse for you obviously
Old 29-07-2009, 07:11   #152
God Member

Now don't you go thinking and reckoning .. you know it makes your brain hurt...best thing is to do some ironing and washing to take your mind off such complicated man talk.

Last edited by Mancie; 29-07-2009 at 07:16.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 08:38   #153
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Jay i reckon swine flu would be bad for both me and you anyway, due to our asthma, worse for you obviously
Quite right flashy, I'm just hoping no swine gives it me
Old 29-07-2009, 08:56   #154
Resting in Peace

It didn't take um long did it, it seems some unscrupulous individuals are applying for Tamiflu under numerous names through the web site and help lines and then selling them at car boot sales, you really couldn't make it up
Old 30-07-2009, 23:43   #155
God Member

Well It got me or should I say "suspected" but I have had a extremely lowered immune system for a while and was down as high risk.

Well I have to say it absolutely floored me, started with a headache for a few days which normally I wouldn't bother with tablets but it was sufficiently bad enough that I did and over the weekend it steadily got worse and then the throat started and I thought I was getting tonsilitis as my throat is a weak point for me. My glands were swollen but my tonsils weren't. By the middle of the night Sunday I was in agony all over and couldn't move, I even rang my son in his bedroom to get me a glass of water as I couldn't move and was burning up but yet shivering, he got the thermometer and it showed up at 40.5.

I had some cold and flu tablets which i took and just tried to control the temp.. going to the toilet was like a marathon except I crawled rather than ran!!!!!!! I spoke to my friend who works for the nhs who said she would be my flu buddy..ie...got registered, had all the symptoms and she collected the tami flu on tues for me.

It's now after midnight friday am and I am feeling alot better, it just feels like a really bad cold now but with a hacking cough and completely drained..

what's really peeved me is I had tickets for the "walking with dinosaurs" spectacular last night at the MEN so my kids had to go without me and took an extra friend in my place... and according to them it was amazing and they managed to film some of it on their mobiles (I know its not allowed )

So hopefully onwards and upwards now

but have to agree wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 00:04   #156
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Well It got me or should I say "suspected" but I have had a extremely lowered immune system for a while and was down as high risk.

Well I have to say it absolutely floored me, started with a headache for a few days which normally I wouldn't bother with tablets but it was sufficiently bad enough that I did and over the weekend it steadily got worse and then the throat started and I thought I was getting tonsilitis as my throat is a weak point for me. My glands were swollen but my tonsils weren't. By the middle of the night Sunday I was in agony all over and couldn't move, I even rang my son in his bedroom to get me a glass of water as I couldn't move and was burning up but yet shivering, he got the thermometer and it showed up at 40.5.

I had some cold and flu tablets which i took and just tried to control the temp.. going to the toilet was like a marathon except I crawled rather than ran!!!!!!! I spoke to my friend who works for the nhs who said she would be my flu buddy..ie...got registered, had all the symptoms and she collected the tami flu on tues for me.

It's now after midnight friday am and I am feeling alot better, it just feels like a really bad cold now but with a hacking cough and completely drained..

what's really peeved me is I had tickets for the "walking with dinosaurs" spectacular last night at the MEN so my kids had to go without me and took an extra friend in my place... and according to them it was amazing and they managed to film some of it on their mobiles (I know its not allowed )

So hopefully onwards and upwards now

but have to agree wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy
Do please check first, before you are able to say you've been told it's suspected swine flu.

(See post 17)

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...g-48493-2.html

Can you read, and write your own name?

Do ever use a knife and/or a fork to eat a meal?

Would you give up your seat on a bus for an elderly person, or a heavily pregnant woman?

If you answered yes to at least two of the questions you are what is described as 'middle class', and therefore free to publish the fact that a doctor suspects you had the swine flu virus.

(By the way, glad you're better...he said, exhibiting exquisite manners, surely another give away sign of being bourgeois.)

(Fancy French word, damn. There's another tell tale indicator!)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 07:05   #157
God Member

glad your better Lesley *BIG HUG*
Old 31-07-2009, 15:29   #158
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
glad your better Lesley *BIG HUG*
Thanks Shaz... on a downer today as I just feel so drained. I have had to do an online shop for first time in years and it took me nearly two hours!!!!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 16:16   #159
Beacon of light

Take Care HR.........hope you get better soon.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 13:28   #160
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device

Glad you are feeling better Lesley.
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 14:22   #161
Resting in Peace

Gosh HR, that was definitely more than a common cold ! Don't push yourself too much for the next week or two. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28   #162
Senior Member+

Tamiflu side effect in Children.

Half of children taking Tamiflu have side-effects | Society | guardian.co.uk

Quote from Website. (The artical is a lot longer)

"More than half the children in England taking the swine flu drug Tamiflu suffer side-effects such as nausea, insomnia and nightmares, researchers have found."

On a side note it seems the media hype has slowed down again, wait untill a month or 2 when the UNTESTED vaccine is here.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51   #163
God Member

Last week my 19yr old grandson was 'rough' with a temp of 101.
I supplied him with
Lomatium dissectum as an anti-viral and anti-bacterial herbal medicine."
and the following day he was up, out and about, and bragging that he had beaten the swine flu in 24 hours.

PS Tamiflu had been supplied but not taken - glad my son trusted me to try the natural way first.

Last edited by MargaretR; 04-08-2009 at 09:55.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 22:56   #164
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Warning do not contract this if ya live in Accy, Alone, cos ya ring em up, get assesed, then are told ya have to go down Blackburn to obtain yer Tamiflu capsules, Town size of accrington n a 5 mile trail to obtain medicine, dont waste yer money ringing em, if ya have no-one to get em fer ya, just lie there n die quietly.
Old 14-12-2009, 12:27   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Warning do not contract this if ya live in Accy, Alone, cos ya ring em up, get assesed, then are told ya have to go down Blackburn to obtain yer Tamiflu capsules, Town size of accrington n a 5 mile trail to obtain medicine, dont waste yer money ringing em, if ya have no-one to get em fer ya, just lie there n die quietly.
so we get two new medical centers but neither stock tami-flu ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..