Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 20:25   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: T Shirts Accy Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by yone
there are shed loads of printers on line... but I am sure if the webmaster contacted a local firm ( hence they would get publicity ) then maybe we could get them at a good price... more than raising money it will help promote the site.... hey what do I know I am an idea's person not a dooerrrrrrrr :-) :-)
but I would wear one if tidy enough.... could take it a step further and have car stickers.... ok ok I will stop now: time for a rest :-) good site though I am enjoying it: Yone
OK... might succumb to a car sticker, as long as discreet and went with silver metallic...
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2006, 20:30   #17
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Typical American view, bet you lot go to bed in yer t-shirts
Aww....you peeked!

Hmmmm....and who was it, realizing that there might be folks who would prefer some form of attire other than a t-shirt, suggested that an embroidered patch might be a worthwhile option? Could it have been an American?

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Old 02-08-2006, 20:37   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcat
Aww....you peeked!

Hmmmm....and who was it, realizing that there might be folks who would prefer some form of attire other than a t-shirt, suggested that an embroidered patch might be a worthwhile option? Could it have been an American?
Touche monsieur!!, however, you still looking at this from a male point of view, can't imagine sewing an embroidered patch onto one of me Morgan's,sexy, stretchy, costs about 30 quid tops ... would have nightmares.

Last edited by katex; 02-08-2006 at 20:37. Reason: needless letter
Old 02-08-2006, 20:38   #19
Senior Member+

i think a car sticker would be best...i could stick it opposite my ebay car sticker
Old 02-08-2006, 20:41   #20

could sell them on ebay .... the stickers that is: yone ebay car sticker hm
:-) yone
Old 02-08-2006, 21:02   #21
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Touche monsieur!!, however, you still looking at this from a male point of view........
That's the only viewpoint my DNA has equipped me to provide - not that the so-called "male point of view" is anything approaching monolithic! Quite the opposite, in fact. I have met, over the years, people who completely fit the stereotypes. There are also, however, many males who are quite feminine and females who are masculine.

In any case, it is possible that you would care to provide some suggestions from the female point of view? I'm sure that most folks here would be eager to discuss other ideas!

I'll even contribute another suggestion of my own, even if I risk being chastized about the "male point of view" once more. It is possible to create an Accyweb pin. Could be worn on a lapel, on a blouse, or even (in the event of an emergency) to hold things together. If those of the "female point of view" (again, hardly a monolith of unified opinion) would prefer, it would also be possible to produce some as pins and some as pendants, charms, keychains - even bookmarks. I've designed any number of pins for an organization I belong to here in the USA, and the cost of produciing them isn't bad. I've attached an example of one of the recent designs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kiwanis of Randolph CraftMarket 060106.jpg (168.0 KB, 7 views)

Old 02-08-2006, 21:03   #22
Foreign Correspondent

Edited out a double post....sorry!

Old 02-08-2006, 21:19   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcat
That's the only viewpoint my DNA has equipped me to provide - not that the so-called "male point of view" is anything approaching monolithic! Quite the opposite, in fact. I have met, over the years, people who completely fit the stereotypes. There are also, however, many males who are quite feminine and females who are masculine.

In any case, it is possible that you would care to provide some suggestions from the female point of view? I'm sure that most folks here would be eager to discuss other ideas!

I'll even contribute another suggestion of my own, even if I risk being chastized about the "male point of view" once more. It is possible to create an Accyweb pin. Could be worn on a lapel, on a blouse, or even (in the event of an emergency) to hold things together. If those of the "female point of view" (again, hardly a monolith of unified opinion) would prefer, it would also be possible to produce some as pins and some as pendants, charms, keychains - even bookmarks. I've designed any number of pins for an organization I belong to here in the USA, and the cost of produciing them isn't bad. I've attached an example of one of the recent designs.
Well, after mowing through my Oxford Dictionary to try and sort out what ya talking about... I suggest a lovely pair of dangly ear-rings, holding an Accy web acorn or summat. gotta be classy though (not loud).. we English noted for this. Like your 'Trouble' shirt Billcat; would be excellent conversation starter, with male holding them gently in their hands asking the meaning of said adornment. double uses, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by katex; 02-08-2006 at 21:27.
Old 02-08-2006, 21:22   #24
God Member

Make each earing a chain of three acorns, bet lynch stylie
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Old 02-08-2006, 21:26   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Make each earing a chain of three acorns, bet lynch stylie
OH, for heaven's sake Madhatter ... NO !! over the top.
Old 02-08-2006, 21:31   #26

oh sod it.... lets just all get a tattoo .......... ( joke ) then again:

anyway I think the t shirt should be in a nice shade of pink.... it would go with my eyes right now: no comment:

:-) :-) :-)
Old 02-08-2006, 21:44   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yone
oh sod it.... lets just all get a tattoo .......... ( joke ) then again:

anyway I think the t shirt should be in a nice shade of pink.... it would go with my eyes right now: no comment:

:-) :-) :-)
You out in last night's wind yone?:

Well a pretty stick-on tattoo again not a bad idea.

Last edited by katex; 02-08-2006 at 21:49.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:26   #28
Resting in Peace

I have run this for a few years now if you do want Sweatshirts,Polo shirts,Tee shirts Caps ect with WWW.AccringtonWeb.com on and your user name on or just Accyweb i will put a price list up again and do another order the last time i did this we got £350 of orders but its me that does all the running round if your local thats fine but if you live out the area you will have to pay postage and packing .
I have the new catalouge with all colours and sizes in i can scan them for you and i must have money up front as i cant affored to pay for them myself
just let me know if you want one by pm and if i get enough responce i will start the thing going .
by the way they are not iron on they are proper Embroidery

if you want an idea of what they are like look at the link below thanks all

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ht=sweatshirts

Last edited by Mick; 03-08-2006 at 08:26.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:16   #29
Resting in Peace

FOR MORE INFO ON THIS PLEASE CLICK THE LINK

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...757#post297757

I have closed this thread and put a link to the other one which has more info on this subject there is no point having 2 threads the same running thanks to yone for bringing it up again

Last edited by Mick; 03-08-2006 at 08:28.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..