Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2009, 22:04   #1
God Member

Taliban

I have just read this disturbing report about our lads being treated in the same ward as the Taliban Fighters.
I can not imagine for one minute that our lads and lasses would be afforded the same treatment in the hands of these animals?

BBC NEWS | UK | Taleban patients 'upset troops'

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2009, 22:28   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Taliban

i find it strange taliban should even be wounded. still thats not cricket is it?
Old 16-03-2009, 23:34   #3
God Member

Sadly it is true Royboy, I also know thay find it quite frustrating too . When my lad was over there last time I got a phone call from him telling me he was on guard in one of the feild hospitals, It was the first time he had been on hospital duty and he was quite disturbed by the fact that in One bed was a little child that had been caught up in the conflict and next to the child was her mother, also injured . Then there was a soldier, all that was fine he said untill he turned around and found he was also protecting one of the guys that had put them all there.

He had no alternative but to cope with it and get on with his job but I can truly understand their frustrations.
I think personally that the Taliba should be treated in seperate wards although if anyone did see Doctors and nurses at war they do try to transfer them asap after treatment.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 23:45   #4
God Member

It's not a good situation...I wouldn't like to wake up lying next to someone I'd shot or had tried to kill me...but I am presuming the Taleban being treated are prisoners under arrest?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 00:11   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's not a good situation...I wouldn't like to wake up lying next to someone I'd shot or had tried to kill me...but I am presuming the Taleban being treated are prisoners under arrest?
Yes they are under arrest mancie. But the one in that program was released due to lack of proof he was taliban.. they all knew he were but they couldnt prove it so they released him after treatment and questioning.
Disgraceful.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 00:21   #6
God Member

This people never really think about...our troops have been fighting there for at least 6yrs ..I know we have our own doctors and medical facilities but a real hospital to treat only our troops would be the ideal..but I think it's just not possible.
Old 17-03-2009, 00:53   #7
God Member

this was up for discussion on the radio the other night, not only is it disgusting but a show of total disregard for our troops safety and feelings

taliban shoud not be treated period yet alone by us , they dont follow the rules of war that we have to abide to so screw them

hopefully te ambulance drivers with these taliban scum in them drive extra slow in the hope they bleed to death on the way

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 01:10   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
this was up for discussion on the radio the other night, not only is it disgusting but a show of total disregard for our troops safety and feelings

taliban shoud not be treated period yet alone by us , they dont follow the rules of war that we have to abide to so screw them

hopefully te ambulance drivers with these taliban scum in them drive extra slow in the hope they bleed to death on the way
what do you mean Accyman?... the taliban are treated by us? I thought we were talking about Afaganistan hospitals.... lets not get carried away here.. most of the population in Afganistan are relying on our troops to destroy the Taliban.
Old 17-03-2009, 05:42   #9

Manice, they are being treated on the same ward in our field hospitals, on our army base, by our personnel, with our medicines.....I could go on.

I think what our guys are expected to put up with is disgraceful. Its all very well following the rules of warfare, when the enemy is doing the same. I was amazed to find out that the taliban can be shooting at troops one minute, but as soon as they drop their guns and are un-armed, we are no longer allowed to fire back at them. The rules of engagement need to be changed urgently to allow our guys atleast a fighting chance
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 05:49   #10
Senior Member+

yeh thats true it was on ross kemp in Afaganistan! They took over this compound and about 200meters away they could see the taliban with guns etc on them but were not able to shoot at them until they shot first and the taliban dropped there guns got into cars and went off! And when Ross asked them what they thought they was like they need he rules changeing!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 05:50   #11
God Member

Hey ....the field of conflict is not a playground where you pick and choose treatment..it is a real battle there.
Old 17-03-2009, 05:53   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
yeh thats true it was on ross kemp in Afaganistan! They took over this compound and about 200meters away they could see the taliban with guns etc on them but were not able to shoot at them until they shot first and the taliban dropped there guns got into cars and went off! And when Ross asked them what they thought they was like they need he rules changeing!
Ha.. Ross Kemp is the god.. nice one!
Old 17-03-2009, 08:13   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post

I think that anyone carrying a gun who is not on our side should be a legitimate target.
Old 17-03-2009, 08:38   #14
God Member

behave..Ross Kemp is the pussycat that was in eastenders... he aint real! and this is the **** we are feed on.. ross kemp goes to war? sort yerselves out.
Old 17-03-2009, 14:59   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think that anyone carrying a gun who is not on our side should be a legitimate target.
That is the first thing you are taught when you join the army.
If the facing enemy are armed, bring them down.
Things I understand are different now, someone mentioned 'Rules of Engagement' now yiou have to ask if you can bring them down. unless agreed beforehand.
I can see no justification at all of treating Taliban in our field units alongside our troops. These are still the enemy and should be treated as such. I am not saying leave them untreated but let their own look after them.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..