Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 21:54   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: tele licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
I would not recommend River City to anyone not even as a form of punishment.

That's the main reason l left Glasgow.......well that and the fact that I was extradited.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2006, 22:26   #92
God Member

I've bought my first tv licence yesterday. Before it was in my mums name and because she was over 75 she got it free. I'd forgotten all about it until i started reading this thread and then i saw the accy observer and all the people who have got done for not having a tv licence. I cant afford the fine so i thought i'd best get one!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 22:33   #93
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
I've bought my first tv licence yesterday. Before it was in my mums name and because she was over 75 she got it free. I'd forgotten all about it until i started reading this thread and then i saw the accy observer and all the people who have got done for not having a tv licence. I cant afford the fine so i thought i'd best get one!
Yeah the Observer's full of them.

Fined for not having a television licence £250, more expensive than the licence.

Fined for driving without insurance £200, less than the cost of car insurance.

It stinks.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:54   #94
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
BBC Scotland spent sixty million pounds on a Scottish soap that we don't even get here, and not many people in Scotland bother to watch either.
If you like I can record you a few episodes onto DVD and you could do a report on the soap for us.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:46   #95
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
If you like I can record you a few episodes onto DVD and you could do a report on the soap for us.
I saw it when I lived in Scotland thanks.

My review-

Even more dire and depressing than Eastenders.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:08   #96
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

A little question for you all.

Why do we pay to watch Sky TV when they have adverts on? I know the movie channels don't but have to pay extra for those anyway. If you have the Family Pack or whatever its called like I do, every channel has adverts on.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:37   #97
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
A little question for you all.

Why do we pay to watch Sky TV when they have adverts on?
I don't. I choose not too.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:59   #98
God Member

Quote:
I saw it when I lived in Scotland thanks.

My review-

Even more dire and depressing than Eastenders.
Eastenders is a party show in comparison. It does nothing for Glasgows image at all.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 16:16   #99
Resting in peace

Quote:
They could do what they hell they like with their money, if they still weren't primarily funded by the licence fee.
Sure they could do what the hell they like with their money, problem is, it's YOUR money!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 16:30   #100
God Member

Because sky is a business and has to pay for programs. I imagine some of the money goes towards keeping some of the less watched and free channels on air that create variety.
probably why they put that rubbish on with some bint lying half naked on a cushion on late at night to. Begging you to phone in on premium rate numbers. sky will get money for showing that.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 17:02   #101
God Member

We do not get real value for money. If the Beeb had to go it alone the the dung pipe expulsions it produces would have brought it to its knees years ago. Let it go alone and raise its own money without govenment payments from the licence fee and see what happens.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-02-2006, 18:54   #102
God Member

I think we do get some good programs because the beeb is still run the way it is, we get some right rubbish too though, dunno if it's worth putting up with the rubbish to get the decent programs that would dissappear if the government withdrew it's funding.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 22:42   #103
white rabbits

Its a far cry from the days when the programmes were introduced by ladies and gentlemen in evening clothes...Sylvia Peters,Mary Mallcome,Mcdonald Hobley ,and we had the likes of Gilbert Harding and Isobelle Barnett on the panel of whats my line..it was classy telly then:engsmil:
Old 09-02-2006, 22:43   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
Its a far cry from the days when the programmes were introduced by ladies and gentlemen in evening clothes...Sylvia Peters,Mary Mallcome,Mcdonald Hobley ,and we had the likes of Gilbert Harding and Isobelle Barnett on the panel of whats my line..it was classy telly then:engsmil:
Crikey thats goinging back a year or 2 now.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..