Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 15:55   #46

Re: Telephone Preference Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
had one last week .. saying my computer had flagged up viruses ...
I think this scam is going to be mentioned in the programme.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2012, 17:08   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
had one last week .. saying my computer had flagged up viruses ... and when i asked why microsoft was ringing me ... he said windows is only manufactured by microsoft .. we are the ones looking after it .... anyway i said you didnt let me finish i said why is microsoft ringing me when my computer runs linux ..... he said your postcode and telephone number says you use windows .. and i said its linux ... he put the phone down on me!!! lol

but to go back to that how theyre getting round it ... they say theyre doing a survey and so not covered by the TPS .....
Ya Jen I had one at 4-15 today, we're doing an energy survey, oh no your not sod off
Old 02-07-2012, 19:42   #48
God Member

Here's a clean website were many cold call phone numbers can be traced, it might come in handy...no need to register or give your own number
Who called me? Free reverse phone directory.

Last edited by Mancie; 02-07-2012 at 19:50.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30   #49
Resting in Peace

Watched the program, but didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know, although the regulator is looking into thousands of complaints nobody has yet been prosecuted, and no doubt if some firms are prosecuted it will be a slap on the wrists, just a drop in the ocean to these people and well worth carrying on
Old 03-07-2012, 14:12   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Watched the program, but didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know, although the regulator is looking into thousands of complaints nobody has yet been prosecuted, and no doubt if some firms are prosecuted it will be a slap on the wrists, just a drop in the ocean to these people and well worth carrying on
Yep there was nothing we didn't know except a lot of these calls were made from a call centre in Bury.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 15:27   #51
Common Sense Member

I tend to leave my phone off the hook for a few hours. You generally get a VERY loud alarm played down the receiver after 15 minutes or so but it's hardly surprising considering the cost to them of the call.

I hope they enjoyed being unable to hang up when I had a weekend away with family last month...

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 17:22   #52
Resting in Peace

I've been inundated with phone calls from Jamaica, asking me I was married must have had six in about half an hour around 5-15pm, they didn't ring again after the last one, mind you I did give um both barrels verbally, I thing is I couldn't ignore the phone I was actually waiting for a call from my other half
Old 03-07-2012, 19:06   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've been inundated with phone calls from Jamaica, asking me I was married must have had six in about half an hour around 5-15pm, they didn't ring again after the last one, mind you I did give um both barrels verbally, I thing is I couldn't ignore the phone I was actually waiting for a call from my other half
They wanted to know if you would marrt them at St. Peter's Church in Accy.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..