Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2005, 16:42   #1
Resting in Peace

Exclamation Thank for the Karma

Thanks to all who have passed on karma to me, in most cases I know who it has been and Thanks again.

However I would just like to comment on the one member who left me a one worded message about my very first posting in Looking for New Members.

When I last looked I had 2 nipples and no "tit"s (am male and no man boobs (yet)) if you dont like the SJA then fair enough not everyone is willing or able to share their spare time in doing other things to help out. But remarkes like that in private and without any form of reply do hurt the members feelings.

I am not asking you to join, like or think that SJA is the best thing since sliced bread, but for you to respect the members and their feelings and the fact that they are willing to help out (or you if the need arrises) come what may with the weather location or event.

Having to wear a uniform that some people think it is good to make remarkes at (it not the best of uniforms but does serve the idea of members being easily seen when required) and fun of the members.

That is your choice as it is mine to help run the SJA and provide cover at the various events, football grounds etc that are covered by members of SJA and if ever you are in need (whether I know who you are or not) of treatment you will get the best that these willing and hard working folks can do.

If the member that posted would like to
a) receined the statement
b) make themself known and their views on SJA to me
or
c) both a+b then I would possibly see about taking some of what I have posted here back. If it is seen as the right thing to do!!!

Thanks again for the karma and support that other members of accyweb have shown and I hope to be able to post an update on this subject at some time.

Sorry if it seems trival to others but had to sound off about it.

Bernard
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2005, 16:49   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Thank for the Karma

you will be lucky if the COWARD who wrote that has the balls to admit it in the public forum but good luck anyway, and keep up the good work for the sja, they are a vital part of the community no matter what a small amount of people say (in pvte or public)....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 16:53   #3
Passed away 25-11-09

Good for you, Bernard.
Old 17-08-2005, 17:16   #4
white rabbits

Dont get me started on bad karma again.... it should be compulsery to put your sig on it...
i dont know what s,j,a stands for but i am sure it is something good from the top post...
MICK.... see what you have caused again...........................ermmm
Old 17-08-2005, 17:19   #5
Senior Member+

sja = st johns ambulance... gc ...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 17:30   #6
white rabbits

oh thanks b.r.
THEY DO A FANTASTIC JOB,,how can anybody say anything bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 17-08-2005, 18:23   #7
God Member

I don't see anything to criticise in either the organisation or the people who make up its members. If anything it is a pity that there are not more community minded people around.

Perhaps if more of our young people could be persuaded to join voluntary service organisations then they would not need to whine constantly about being bored.
Old 17-08-2005, 18:35   #8
Resting in Peace

Granny not sure why you picking on Mick he not posted on thread (yet) or did he start the Karma thing?

Yes Granny all members do a lot for the local Unit in helping to provide cover as and when required. Last month we had members helping in Rawtenstall when the seige was on-going and the locals had to be moved out for their safety

Bob it would be able lovely to have more members of all ages, and from other areas of the community (Asian, Chinese, Anglo-saxon etc) that way it would be possible for other members to have more time with their family and days out etc

Blackburn raver it is St John Ambulance although it does sound like St Johns when spoken
Old 17-08-2005, 18:45   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I don't see anything to criticise in either the organisation or the people who make up its members. If anything it is a pity that there are not more community minded people around.

Perhaps if more of our young people could be persuaded to join voluntary service organisations then they would not need to whine constantly about being bored.
i would love to be able give up some of my spare time to do something like this but most young people cant due to work commitments and studying commitments, i once asked my 15 year old sister why she wouldnt do anything like this and her reply was that she would get laughed at in a uniform and that she wouldnt be getting paid. nowadays young people are bothered more about getting paid rather than give something back to there community. it is mostly due to peer pressure put upon them by there friends, it like if they dont do anything cool then they wont be accepted into the right crowd, i was exactley the same when i joined girl guides i quit because my friends thought it was uncool! young people now are more interested in standing on street corners smoking and getting drunk not doing anything for there community only causing trouble!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 18:55   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
nowadays young people are bothered more about getting paid rather than give something back to there community. it is mostly due to peer pressure put upon them by there friends, it like if they dont do anything cool then they wont be accepted into the right crowd, i was exactley the same when i joined girl guides i quit because my friends thought it was uncool!
While I agree with ALL that Baby Boo stated I have highlighted this part as one of the main reasons why people and not just young people dont want to join a uniform group (not just SJA but scouts, Sea Cadets etc). It is a shame that this is how people are pressurissed by peer pressure when if they were allowed to try it they might like it???

Thanks Baby Boo for the statement.
Old 17-08-2005, 19:15   #11

Albert I know this off thread and I know you posted it before, but can you give us the times and dates for SJA in accy please?
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 19:17   #12
I am Banned

its quite all right ber999t xx
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 19:22   #13
Resting in Peace

i'll give you albert lol just as well you told me u a wind up merchent when the mood takes you

Badgers (6-10yo) Thurs Evening 18:30-20:00 Approx

Cadets (10-15yo) Thurs as badgers young cadets best to join this section

Cadets (10-18yo) if not able to attened Thurs attened Monday 19:00-20:00

Adults 20:00-21:30 give or take a few minutes depending on training disscussion on going
Old 17-08-2005, 19:26   #14
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Thank for the Karma

i'll give u albert lol just as well u warned me that u like to do wind ups sometimes

Badgers (6-10yo) meet Thursday Evening 18:30 til 19:30 ish

Cadets (10-15yo) as above

Cadets (10-18yo) if not able to attend on Thursday meet Monday's 19:00-20:00

Adults meet Mondays 20:00-21:30ish dependent of what happening training/disscussion
Old 17-08-2005, 19:36   #15

Sorry its Bernard isnt it? What does it cost and how do you join.

I am interested as I had an appointed person with first aid training certificate. Ran out 3 years ago. But would like to use what I learned at the time

John
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..