Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2009, 16:42   #1
Give, give, give member

Thank you Cllr. Britcliffe.

I recently publicly thanked Greg Pope for his service and help to me, and in all fairness, so as not to be politically biased, I'd like to do the same for one of my councillors.

I wasn't sure if contacting Peter Britcliffe was the right thing to do, as I was acting on behalf of the new Parkinson's Disease group, and the matter related to Accrington Town Hall, and had nothing to do with St. Andrews ward, other than I happen to live there.

My email enquiry was answered promptly, the reply being both professional and friendly. Further contact has assured me the enquiry is being dealt with, after I'd supplied more information.

As well as my inital enquiry being dealt with, Councillor Britcliffe has kindly offered more practical support the group may be able to take advantage of, as well as offering to find other suitable accommodation if we need it.

I've been highly critical of some policy decisions of our council, and people on here have posted that I should contact my councillors. I always replied that if I had a problem I would, and I know that I would receive their help, otherwise I wouldn't waste anyone's time, contacting them for no particular reason.

If I couldn't have been helped I honestly wouldn't have made a big fuss. Mainly because I wasn't sure if contacting my councillor was the correct way to solve my problem. I'd have been happy being told who to contact at the Town Hall.

The fact is I have been helped, well the group I'm on the committee of has been helped. Helped efficently, and way beyond our inital problem.

On behalf of the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Parkinson's Disease Group, and of course myself, thank you very much Peter. It's greatly appreciated.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2009, 16:54   #2
God Member

Re: Thank you Cllr. Britcliffe.

I have always found my councillor very helpful when having problems. If you recall Ian asking for advice re absent landlords when my daughter was having problems with her boiler, I eventually contaced Paul Barton. He went to her house the same night and said the boiler was actually illegal. Within two days he had been onto her landlord and a new boiler was fitted. This after us trying to get things sorted for three years.
It is good to know that whether you agree with some of their policies they are more than willing to help if they can. So glad Peter was able to offer your group pratical help Gary
Old 26-03-2009, 17:05   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Fair Play n credit where its due.
Old 26-03-2009, 17:11   #4
God Member

i have also found P.B very helpfull as i have used his photo to show my kids what can happen if they dont eat their vegetables j/k

on a serious note its good to see that the head of the council can still find time to help out his constituants

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 17:35   #5
God Member

Suppose at the end of the dayit is in the best interest of any councillor to be useful to their consituents. As G said we may diagree with what he does as head of the council but he showed he hasnt forgotten how he got there. Dosnt matter if you voted for them or not they are there to serve you as a member of the community in there ward. Compared to some he might be considered as normal so he gets a gold star with laurel's.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 19:18   #6
God Member

I think this is where some Councillors do their best work - on a one to one basis. If someone has a polite and reasonable request then I find that they are always happy to help - even the Leader of the Council finds time to deal with individual cases.

It's unfortunate that these small acts of helping the general public rarely get noticed as that's when they're just 'doing the job'. It's good to credit them every now and then.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 19:23   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i have also found P.B very helpfull as i have used his photo to show my kids what can happen if they dont eat their vegetables j/k
HAHAHAHA.....Thats the funniest thing iv read all day
Old 26-03-2009, 22:19   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I think this is where some Councillors do their best work - on a one to one basis. If someone has a polite and reasonable request then I find that they are always happy to help - even the Leader of the Council finds time to deal with individual cases.

It's unfortunate that these small acts of helping the general public rarely get noticed as that's when they're just 'doing the job'. It's good to credit them every now and then.
i would endorse that, as most i have found oer the years, whatever political denomination, work damned hard n are very helpful on a constituent level, just a pity they cannot combine forces n rid hyndburn of its gypsy problem once n fer all.
Old 27-03-2009, 09:40   #9
Resting in Peace

I've been saying that on here for years now, that councillors from all parties when asked, do their best to help. People who become councillors do it to make a difference, and for the most part they do make that difference, its not always possible to achieve a positive result, but it won't be for the want of trying
Old 02-05-2009, 14:29   #10
Give, give, give member

Also thank you for mentioning the existence of the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Parkinson's Disease Support Group, whilst sat in the jacuzzi at your gym.

It was really good to meet your friend and their partner at today's meeting.

I did announce at the meeting that H.B.C. have been very helpful to our group, and that we were awarded the start up grant, after you'd informed me there was that possibility. Everyone present seemed genuinely grateful.

(I shall look forward to seeing your gym ripped muscles on next year's ward calendar.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..