Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 22:49   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Thank you Greg Pope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is the firm housed in what was the old Coop store on Grange Lane Rindi, if it is then parking problems go back a long way, can remember the ex wife getting caught up in a parking fiasco, so you can say there is form, but the firm is definitely one to miss in the future
I can't say if it was the old Co-op store, being a mere whipper snapper, but before it's current furniture store usage it was a plumbers merchants.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2009, 22:52   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I can't say if it was the old Co-op store, being a mere whipper snapper, but before it's current furniture store usage it was a plumbers merchants.
don't think it is, think the owd co-op was across grange lane, round a bout were sauls used to be.
Old 11-03-2009, 22:56   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
on reading this thread, this is one local firm i definitely will not support, enough hassle in life, without using their car park. might be n idea to e-mail em a link to this thread, may just shake em up a bit, so others will not share your fate. but fer a good M.P. ya would be £100 worse off.
My letters went unacknowledged, and were ignored.

Nothing shook them up until Greg got on their case.

I even said in the letters I'd go to the press and warn other people about the fines. A fine it was impossible to even pay because it was taken off me, and I didn't know how much it originally was, or where to pay it.

I would have put on my best poor victim grimace in the paper, if Greg Pope hadn't sorted it for me.

It spoilt my birthday, I got it a right old state.

Today made up for it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 00:14   #19
God Member

seems a bit of a sad state of affairs where it was necessary to have to get the local MP involved , would have thought with all the stuff I read about devolving more power to the regions a "local ombudsman" should have been available thru either the local Borough or County Council to sort this "trivial" stuff out ( not trivial to you , but in the greater scheme of things) .

Hopefully one of the local councillors (the elected folks who are supposed to represent your local interests) who regulary reply Accy-web threads will reply to this thread and offer an easy local solution to you and other Accy web users who find themselves in a similar predicament without the need to having to go to Westminster .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:47   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
My letters went unacknowledged, and were ignored.

Nothing shook them up until Greg got on their case.

I even said in the letters I'd go to the press and warn other people about the fines. A fine it was impossible to even pay because it was taken off me, and I didn't know how much it originally was, or where to pay it.

I would have put on my best poor victim grimace in the paper, if Greg Pope hadn't sorted it for me.

It spoilt my birthday, I got it a right old state.

Today made up for it.
Its surprising what a letter with the old green portcullis on the top does to concentrate the mind of these sharks
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38   #21
Senior Member+

cacked myself when i got my letter from the house of commons!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 23:54   #22
God Member

that's great news Rindy... glad it's been sorted...def thumbs up to our MP

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 12:12   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
With out you giving any details about what policy you were trying to influence it's a little difficult to comment on how much help a Member of Parliament could be. If you were trying to make Britain a tax free haven, for example, you were probably wasting both your's and your M.P.'s time.

When I lived in Glasgow I requested the help of my M.P. on a civil liberties question of law, and again was very happy with the help and influence I recieved as part of the democratic process we have in place in this country.

Perhaps I'm just better at getting the right help I need, or am a little more realistic about what can be achieved by one M.P.

It was about an organisation that you can complain to about the council the Local Government Ombudsman, who is supposed to stand up for justice against the councils of this land but all I got is a whitewash!

LGO Watch - watching the Local Government Ombudsman's office

I'm not saying I didn't get help I did get help, but when it comes to the big issues your MP can't do that much. They are good at the small things, as you have experienced and myself experinced.

Kestrel X.

Note in the "Alan Clark Diaries" currently being shown on channel Yesterday he refers to fellow politicains as "Sharks waiting for the smell of blood!" In other words how these people get to be the party candidate for a constituency is by back stabbing and so on.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 12:33   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
cacked myself when i got my letter from the house of commons!!
Benefit fraud again

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..