Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2013, 10:50   #1
I am Banned

That's a result then !

Prisoners have lost there court case to be able to vote according to BBC news in this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24545294

Last edited by Neil; 16-10-2013 at 21:26. Reason: No copy and pasting from the BBC
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2013, 11:00   #2
Beacon of light

Re: That's a result then !

Any person who cannot accept their social responsibilty to follow the law of the land......especially as these crimes were serious enough to warrant them being locked up for a long time does not deserve the 'right' to vote and have a democratic influence on the country.
The judge said although it was part of the ECHR to allow prisoners the vote....we didn't have to follow the directive in all cases.
People are keen to shout about their rights, but much less keen to accept responsibility for their offences...and what about the human rights of the victims...do these men ever think of the lives they took away, and what that means to the families of those who were murdered??
I think perhaps they don't.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 17:37   #3
Resting in Peace

A bit of common sense at last, the answer is if you want to exercise your right to vote keep out of the nick
Old 16-10-2013, 17:39   #4
Full Member+

They left their human rights outside the cell door when they were convicted. They couldn't care two hoots about voting - what difference does it make to them? It's just a case of i can so I will just for the hell of it. Do you think they would give a monkeys if they were to pay for their case themselves? If they are convicted of something as serious as murder then they should not be heard from again until they finish their sentences.
Old 16-10-2013, 17:47   #5
God Member

so if we can ignore this eu rule then why not all of them ?

yeah a bit negative but theres a lot more serious EU rules we could do with ignoring than wether a prisoner gets to vote or not

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 18:05   #6

But who paid to allow them to appeal? Us blooming idiots! That annoys me!
GJWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 21:29   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Please don't copy and paste text from the BBC they don't like it and it's against our rules, just write something in your own words and link to the story. Same effect but within the rules
Old 16-10-2013, 23:29   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Please don't copy and paste text from the BBC they don't like it and it's against our rules, just write something in your own words and link to the story. Same effect but within the rules
thats a bit rich from the BBC seen as most of you pay their wages and mostly fund their organisation

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-10-2013, 06:13   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
thats a bit rich from the BBC seen as most of you pay their wages and mostly fund their organisation
yes it is but they have threatened to sue the site on a couple of occasions in the past for copying text so please link to the story ta
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 11:49   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Thanks Neil.... rules is rules. I stand corrected.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 12:07   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
yes it is but they have threatened to sue the site on a couple of occasions in the past for copying text so please link to the story ta
just to be clear i wasnt questioning the rule just saying what a set of dicks teh bbc are is all

just out of curiosity did teh BBC throw their weight about before or after it became clear they were one if not teh britains largest pedophile ring ?

Old 17-10-2013, 17:11   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just to be clear i wasnt questioning the rule just saying what a set of dicks teh bbc are is all

just out of curiosity did teh BBC throw their weight about before or after it became clear they were one if not teh britains largest pedophile ring ?
It was a couple of years ago from memory.
Do you think they were hoping that persecuting our site would take the heat off them in the national media for alledgedy hiding the actions of their staff?
Old 17-10-2013, 17:21   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You rotten sod Neil, your virtually gagging C'mon
Old 17-10-2013, 17:30   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

That's a result then !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You rotten sod Neil, your virtually gagging C'mon
Not in the slightest, all he has to do is remove all punctuation, paragraphs and capital letters, then it will look like he did it himself.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 17:47   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not in the slightest, all he has to do is remove all punctuation, paragraphs and capital letters, then it will look like he did it himself.
Think he already does that Less

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..