Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What should happen?
Restore the monument, shelter and paths 49 90.74%
Remove the monument and shelter and leave it alone 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 10:47   #106

Re: The Coppice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Holy family pupils in the late 60's - early 70's, planted the trees on the coppice face, my dad distinctly remembers planting some, but admit they have grown wild & out of control.

Shame about the mess its in & should be restored & maintained, used to spend most of my time up there as a kid.

I wasn't at Holy family yet, was still at St Annes Junior, must have been either summer of 67 or 68

I believe all the local junior schools took part and each was assigned various areas

we were told it was because of the slippage that was occuring and would continue until both sides of the coppice were just a gravilly sandy mess

I'd rather have trees than that, but agree there are too many

But it was great to get out of maths lessons etc for a few days that summer.............lol

Last edited by mickmc; 01-01-2008 at 10:51.
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2008, 03:21   #107
Junior Member+

Ah the walks up the Coppie, a snog in the shelter, then a walk past the flooded quarry, and down to Hapton Inn, a couple of bitters, and the bus home.
Please renovate the shelter.
When I was there there was no motor way, only a good view of Peel Park
How many mill chimmneys can you see from there today?
I think it used to be 26 (Maybe age exagerates)
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 18:08   #108
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Ah the walks up the Coppie, a snog in the shelter, then a walk past the flooded quarry, and down to Hapton Inn, a couple of bitters, and the bus home.
Please renovate the shelter.
When I was there there was no motor way, only a good view of Peel Park
How many mill chimmneys can you see from there today?
I think it used to be 26 (Maybe age exagerates)
Your suggesting the Relief of the coppice shelter then Lance

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..