Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2008, 20:25   #1
Senior Member+

The Elevate/pheonix scheme

just came back from the meeting and listened to the final plans of the scheme.

WHAT A LET DOWN.

oh we'll do this to your houses and do that to your back streets and regenerate the businesses and fix the roofing.

nope its just a sand blast and pointing and its only those ppl who live along blackburn road and countess street. the vast number of houses inbetween wont even be touched as ppl driving into accrington "cant see them"

we'll knock a fwe houses down at the bottom of portland st and steiner st and do a special project there. we'll knock a few houses down opposite the health centre and build a square there for ppl to sit.

those people who have had their full houses refurbished front back and roof have got away with it before elevate changed the rules now they stipulate just fronts.

barely a regeneration for the area.
Old 17-07-2008, 20:31   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Elevate/pheonix scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
just came back from the meeting and listened to the final plans of the scheme.

WHAT A LET DOWN.

oh we'll do this to your houses and do that to your back streets and regenerate the businesses and fix the roofing.

nope its just a sand blast and pointing and its only those ppl who live along blackburn road and countess street. the vast number of houses inbetween wont even be touched as ppl driving into accrington "cant see them"

those people who have had their full houses refurbished front back and roof have got away with it before elevate changed the rules now they stipulate just fronts.

barely a regeneration for the area.
thats all they are doing to ours mani, their on wi it now, was only phase 1 that got the full monty.
Old 17-07-2008, 21:30   #3
Senior Member+

exactly. oh no elevate changed the rules we cant do this and that.

but at the start - no this is an effort to raise the quality of life in this whole area we'll be considering making bigger houses, new houses if we have to, better parking areas, more play areas, less this more that

they've just taken the cheap way out now that east accrington is "an area of serious concern"
Old 17-07-2008, 21:53   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
exactly. oh no elevate changed the rules we cant do this and that.

but at the start - no this is an effort to raise the quality of life in this whole area we'll be considering making bigger houses, new houses if we have to, better parking areas, more play areas, less this more that

they've just taken the cheap way out now that east accrington is "an area of serious concern"
or perhaps phase 1 was were our councillors relatives live,who knows?
Old 17-07-2008, 21:56   #5
Senior Member+

*LMAO* the phase 1-1 on blackburn road the big houses is where the councillor at the time for labour used to live - he got his block sorted and it was a case of seeya laters folks. then came the lister st/tremellen st to which the bloke at the meeting said was due to the fact them knowing those houses were in good condition and werent going to be knocked down - they were apparently still uncertain about the rest

so the best houses got even better and then they skanked out the rest of them
Old 17-07-2008, 21:59   #6
Resting in Peace

So did you express your concerns Mani ? ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 22:04   #7
Senior Member+

yeah. i asked the q's but its like every other reply from him was its all elevate's fault for changing the guidance. we'll just have to wait and see if they change the rules again.
Old 17-07-2008, 22:29   #8
God Member

allegedly a lot of dodgy people made money out of this.personally i think they should have put all the money in a high interest account for 3 years and by that time house prices will be down and they could have done more..private companies private landlords have made a packet out of this it stinks...allegedly
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 22:35   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
allegedly a lot of dodgy people made money out of this.personally i think they should have put all the money in a high interest account for 3 years and by that time house prices will be down and they could have done more..private companies private landlords have made a packet out of this it stinks...allegedly
yeh little birds have a habit of landing on me shoulder end of the day though,bottom line is were getting the fronts done fer ****** all. don't make it right nonetheless.
Old 27-11-2008, 18:47   #10
God Member

Credit crunch hits East Lancashire regeneration (From Lancashire Telegraph)
The Elevate scheme for east Accrington is struggling to find developers to take it on.
Looks like we will have wide open spaces, where there once were houses, for a year or two

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 18:54   #11
God Member

That report says that £317 million was funded to elevate from the government, would be nice to see audited accounts for that eh? I said in another thread that some of this funding was dodgy, (eaga and warmfront, which is owned by eaga), we were invited to tender for the warmfront grant works, and initially, they wanted a letter from the bank stating that they had a £25,000 bond, two days later we recieved a letter stating that 25k was the minimum, so even if we had £25k to do this, the actual figure isnt known, therefore, we would have to ask the bank for a letter, gauranteeing a bond for an amount which eaga have not yet decided on.. sure the bank will say yes! , so warmfront will continue to do much more than the 20% of the grants initially allowed, and the profits will line the pockets of whoever is behind it all.

Last edited by derekgas; 27-11-2008 at 19:00.
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 20:37   #12
God Member

how many times are they going to get free sandblasting along blackburn road? , I can recall them been done twice in the last 10 years

give the poor sods around the back streets a treat for once

ps:

i dont live anywhere near there so im not angling for a free sand blast i just think its not fair for the same people to repeatedly get things free

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 06:19   #13
Resting in Peace

If you go down the back streets ie countess st you will see they are sand blasting a lot of the side streets too
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 06:31   #14
Resting in Peace

There's scaffolding up around the "new" houses,what's that all about?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:15   #15
Senior Member+

Blackburn Road area

Here are some up to date photos of the new properties now built along the Blackburn Road area, from Lonsdale Street corner. This is where all the smashing terraced houses which had done our town proud for over a 100 years once stood.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..