Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55   #1
God Member

Child Exploitation

I have always believed that issues should be judged according to facts, as far as they may be ascertained from the evidence, rather than on the basis of political correctness. I was just reading the following article in the "Guardian" ... sorry, but it gets delivered before the "Daily Mail" ... :

Grooming offences committed mostly by Asian men, says ex-Barnardo's chief | UK news | guardian.co.uk

Now, I know what the BNP is, and I know I could never support them, but they are more on track on this issue than are those who are contorting arguments to distance the Afghani and Pakistani communities from the crime. One thing that really bugged me is that there are those who want to place the blame on "white" families which have poor parenting skills So, it's not ok to target the Afghanis and the Pakistanis, but it is fine to lay the blame on white families.

Maybe this could have something to do with it:

5 Worst Places in the World to Be a Woman | Same Sex Couples News Magazine - representing the faces of marriage equality worldwide
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-05-2012, 11:51   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Child Exploitation

A 59 year old who cannot be named for legal reasons cited the fact that these girls had been let down by society before he ever met them.......and what kind of lame excuse is that for him taking his pleasure at their expense....and then selling them on to other men from his own Pakistani community??

These issues are swept under the carpet by the communities involved.
These girls because they are white, non muslim, are seen as being easy targets and alsmost not human.

I just wonder what would happen to these men in their own community if they abused girls of their own background in this way......or for that matter what would be the outcome if it had been white males 'grooming' muslim girls for their own pleasure.

In some ways we have been partly responsible for this state of affairs by being afraid to speak out for fear of being branded as racist.

This crime is racist...whatever the police may say.
I was committed by men of one race against girls of a different race, based on their creed and colour. (white and non muslim)

I hope that more people from the muslim/Pakistani community come out and decry the crimes committed by these men...but I won't hold my breath.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:25   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I just wonder what would happen to these men in their own community if they abused girls of their own background in this way......or for that matter what would be the outcome if it had been white males 'grooming' muslim girls for their own pleasure.

I hope that more people from the muslim/Pakistani community come out and decry the crimes committed by these men...but I won't hold my breath.
Unfortunately Margaret there is a lot of abuse within their own community (see 2nd article Eric posted) it is quite common as the culture of the people is different and the "norms" of their society are different too. Women as a whole do not expect to be treated well in Pakistan -girls who rebel there are subjected to "Honour" crimes (often murder and even rape by their own family members) and well-reported cases both in the UK, Italy and other countries document this fact.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:35   #4
God Member

Quote:
I won't either! The women in these communities have no real voice, so that's half of them excluded to start with - there may be the odd muslim politician who will speak up but I doubt that many men from the general community would make themselves heard on this issue.

I spoke to a friend in the police force about this recently and was given the impression that the police take the issue extremely seriously as it is seen as a time-bomb which could explode into racial violence.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47   #5
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Unfortunately Margaret there is a lot of abuse within their own community (see 2nd article Eric posted) it is quite common as the culture of the people is different and the "norms" of their society are different too. Women as a whole do not expect to be treated well in Pakistan -girls who rebel there are subjected to "Honour" crimes (often murder and even rape by their own family members) and well-reported cases both in the UK, Italy and other countries document this fact.
Having worked in Women's Health, I know quite a bit about the abuse women suffer in their own communities....and some of it has been in the news recently.
I went and did an English O level in the 70's and was in a class with an asian(Pakistani) man he said that, in Islam women are revered......but to be honest I didn't see much reverence for them........I did see yo ung pregnant wives, who had been beaten on the soles of their feet for answering back to their mother in law though.
Old 09-05-2012, 13:10   #6
God Member

Quote:
Having worked in Women's Health,I know quite a bit about the abuse women suffer in their own communities.
How could I have forgotten - obviously you will have had lots of experience over the years of this kind of thing.

Saying that, I have two Indian families for neighbours on our farm and while they have both organised "marriages" for their eldest daughters -taking them over to India to meet with the prospective husband for only a short visit before the wedding, they seem to be working out very well. Both young women seem really happy with their husbands (and vice-versa) they have young babies now too. The girls did have a choice, however, and could have refused the families choice for partner if they didn't like them.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 09-05-2012, 13:42   #7
Beacon of light

Indian and Pakistani cultures vary tremendously...you wouldn't think it but they do.
Old 09-05-2012, 16:38   #8
God Member

Quote:
A 59 year old who cannot be named for legal reasons cited the fact that these girls had been let down by society before he ever met them.......and what kind of lame excuse is that for him taking his pleasure at their expense....and then selling them on to other men from his own Pakistani community??

These issues are swept under the carpet by the communities involved.
These girls because they are white, non muslim, are seen as being easy targets and alsmost not human.

In some ways we have been partly responsible for this state of affairs by being afraid to speak out for fear of being branded as racist.

This crime is racist...whatever the police may say.
I was committed by men of one race against girls of a different race, based on their creed and colour. (white and non muslim)

Not holding your breath is probably a good idea. But I think we are reaching the point where those who exercise the power that we give them once every four or five years have to get up on their hind legs and admit that the major problem threatening the fabric or Western society (that's you guys as well as us) is Islam. Islam is the new Fifth Column. Islamic tribunals etc. within Muslim communities is the thin end of the wedge. Not only that, the voices that speak out for Britain, France, Canada, the US, Australia, etc. (you get the picture) must not be the voices of the right-wing fringe parties. They must come from the mainstream politicians. Such as these from Austrial and from Quebec.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia tells it like it is | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Keep Islamic law out of Canada, Quebec politicians urge - Jihad Watch

You can no doubt see the problems with the links ... they have links themselves to right wingers. But the statements of the politicians are plain enough.

Last edited by Eric; 09-05-2012 at 16:43.
Old 09-05-2012, 16:49   #9
Beacon of light

You are right Eric...but the lily livered politicians are so keen to get their votes, that they suck up to them........a local member of parliament is a prime example......I'm not posting his name, but I think you might know who I mean.
Look at the clown George Galloway - he has courted the muslim vote......let us hope he doesn't live to regret prostituting himself.
Like Kevin Rudd, I believe that those who come to this country must adapt to its ways...not t he other way around......if they do not like the western way of life, then they are quite free to go some other place that is more welcoming to them....this is a realists view, not a racist view.
There are many more people who think these thoughts, but are afraid of being labelled racist......this attitude stifles honest,healthy discussion.......which robs all of us.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:26   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
You are right Eric...but the lily livered politicians are so keen to get their votes, that they suck up to them........a local member of parliament is a prime example......I'm not posting his name, but I think you might know who I mean.
Look at the clown George Galloway - he has courted the muslim vote......let us hope he doesn't live to regret prostituting himself.
Like Kevin Rudd, I believe that those who come to this country must adapt to its ways...not t he other way around......if they do not like the western way of life, then they are quite free to go some other place that is more welcoming to them....this is a realists view, not a racist view.
There are many more people who think these thoughts, but are afraid of being labelled racist......this attitude stifles honest,healthy discussion.......which robs all of us.
I couldn't agree more, Margaret - and if that brands me as racist, then so be it.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 17:27   #11
God Member

Quote:
But it's not really rascist ... I've no beef with the colour of their skin ... no beef with Indonesians; and Indonesia is the world's largest Islamic country. It's not really the religion either; whether someone wishes to worship God, Allah, Yaweh, or the Great Cosmic Muffin is none of my business. It's when this religion threatens the way of life in my country that I get pee'd off. It's when this religion becomes indistinguishable from politics, in fact, when it replaces politics. It bugs my ass when I read of terrorist attacks taking place and responsibility is claimed by Al something-or-other, when all the attackers are muslims and nobody in authority ... no one from the mainstream anyway ... is prepared to state publicly that Islam is the problem. For once I find myself agreeing with my whack-job neighbours to the south when they say: "America: If your heart isn't in it, get your ass out of it." That those found guilty of these disgusting acts against children in Lancashire are all muslim is not a coincidence. And it irks me that commentators are struggling ... hopefully with little success ... to deflect the blame from the perps to the victims.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:31   #12
God Member

By the way, as far as I know, George Galloway is still PNG in Canada
Old 09-05-2012, 17:45   #13
Resting in Peace

The problem is that one of these girls reported the situation to the police back in 2008, but nothing was done, reading between the lines it appears the police were afraid of being called racists, what an absolute load of cobblers to say the least, a crime is a crime no matter who commits it and should be treated as such
Old 09-05-2012, 17:48   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
By the way, as far as I know, George Galloway is still PNG in Canada
What? A Picture!
What? A photograph!

Home > PNG
PNG

Short for Portable Network Graphics, and pronounced ping, a new bit-mapped graphics format similar to GIF.

or

persona none grata?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 17:57   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What? A Picture!
What? A photograph!

Home > PNG
PNG

Short for Portable Network Graphics, and pronounced ping, a new bit-mapped graphics format similar to GIF.

or

persona none grata?
I think it's the second one .... I believe it means: "Sir, you are an idiot and an asshole. The only idiots and assholes we tolerate are those who are Canadian citizens." Many of these are on display in Ottawa, in the House of Commons ... most of them on the government benches.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..