Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2012, 18:55   #121
Beacon of light

Re: Child Exploitation

Anne, it can be done by owning the problem and taking responsibility for it.
Not blaming the victims - because they are vulnerable does not mean they can be abused.
Until the Pakistani muslim community do this, then there will be no solution.

I also think that we have to be more open and honest. less politically correct even..........the authorities need to pursue wrongdoers without the fear of a racism label beeing attached to their efforts to tackle these problems.
Without this approach then the problem will continue to exist....and not only that it will grow.

I think what we are seeing, is just the tip of the iceberg.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2012, 20:53   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Anne, it can be done by owning the problem and taking responsibility for it.
Not blaming the victims - because they are vulnerable does not mean they can be abused.
Until the Pakistani muslim community do this, then there will be no solution.

I also think that we have to be more open and honest. less politically correct even..........the authorities need to pursue wrongdoers without the fear of a racism label beeing attached to their efforts to tackle these problems.
Without this approach then the problem will continue to exist....and not only that it will grow.

I think what we are seeing, is just the tip of the iceberg.
Margaret I completely agree, the victims are usually either from difficult backgrounds/ brought up in the care system and extremely vulnerable and so are open to being preyed on by their abusers who initially show them affection which they have never experienced before. We definitely need to move on from this PC mindset of upsetting different cultures and have a bit of straight talking for once. And yes, this is certainly the tip of the iceberg. There are so many young women from white English backgrounds who are considered fair game for making money from - I believe there is a lot going on currently to stop the white slave trade involving Eastern European girls - quite rightly but what about our own very vulnerable young teenagers?
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 21:50   #123

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Not wishing to court controversy or being an apologist, but, this kind of thing has been going on long before we had a Muslim community. Predators will always have prey regardless of cultural background.

As Anne says, some will always be the victims, in the past, and most likely still, we have had English, Irish, Scottish pimps (for want of a better word), who have used young girls to make money or for their own gratification. I would suggest that this particular case is making the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Only a few weeks ago a young Romanian girl wandered into my place of work, drunk, no english, with a slip of paper that was a rough map of the area. Luckily one of my colleagues could speak Russian, basically she had been picked up by a taxi, plied with drink, dropped off and pointed towards a squat and got lost. Quite frankly, if she had stumbled into the wrong place and met the wrong person..well,.. I'll leave it to the imagination (We handed her to the police btw)

I have quite a few acquaintances from the asian community. To a man they are as disgusted with this affair as I am. Strangely enough in my limited experience it is the asian females who adopt the 'white trash' attitude towards white girls.

There will always be scum, regardless of race or religion, remember the white woman from this area who was jailed last year for grooming young girls.

As for the mosque leader who made the inane comments..is this any different to Kevin Logan and his inanities?
Old 19-05-2012, 23:57   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
There will always be scum, regardless of race or religion, remember the white woman from this area who was jailed last year for grooming young girls.

As for the mosque leader who made the inane comments..is this any different to Kevin Logan and his inanities?
Doesn't make it right or justify this kind of behaviour in any way...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 08:59   #125
Beacon of light

Guinness, I take your points.

As for the comment on Kevin Logan, the difference there is that everyone take his comments with a sack of salt.......but in the ethnic communities, much power is held by the muslim leaders.

The Rochdale offenders groomed the girls...and as for white girl who sought out the prey for pakistani males to abuse.....it would be fair to say that she had also been 'groomed' to some degree,(though that doesn't absolve her from the crimes she committed against the girls).
According to a newspaper report, at least one of the girls in the sad Rochdale story was from a good family background...got in with the wrong crowd and was intimidated by threats against her family to continue with what the gang wanted from her...this was the girl who made the initial complaint which was ignored by The GMP until they got a new head of CPS(who happened to be muslim)...only then, was the complaint treated with the attention it should have received in the first place.

Before I retired, I worked in Women's health services for 25 years. I saw first hand how many(not all) muslim men treated women.

I know things that would turn you inside out.
Old 20-05-2012, 09:07   #126
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

I have quite a few acquaintances from the asian community. To a man they are as disgusted with this affair as I am.
They may tell you that, but if this is the case, then why aren't they standing up to be counted?

These men have dishonoured the whole Pakistani muslim community(where honour counts for a lot).........not only that it has been going on for many years...more than a decade....but yet nothing has been done.

Nothing will be done until the problem is acknowledged and owned by the community from where the problem grows......this would be the start to solving it. Blaming the victims is certainly no way forward.
Old 20-05-2012, 09:11   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well, in essence what the muslim leader was implying, was that the boot wouldn't be on the other foot, as they(the muslim community) make damn sure that they don't leave their meat(girls) out uncovered......for the cats to get at.

Their girls are chaperoned everywhere they go....which may account for some of the problems that muslim, testosterone fuelled males have, in satisfying their sexual needs.
Well lets face it Margaret, there's always the promise of 77 virgins in paradise as a reward for terrorist atrocities
Old 20-05-2012, 09:15   #128
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I haven't added to this thread so far because I have professional involvement and didn't really want to add to it. All I can say is that this issue has been going on since at least 2004 and probably longer, and is certainly a cultural issue which is acknowledged although not publicly for obvious reasons. Until it is brought properly into the open it is unlikely to go away. How that can be done I don't know.
I can be done by the police not being afraid of the race card for a start and that goes for the media tooevil is evil no matter how you wrap it up and these men are pure evil, end of story
Old 20-05-2012, 12:38   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well lets face it Margaret, there's always the promise of 77 virgins in paradise as a reward for terrorist atrocities
For some reason I thought it was 17 ... maybe they have upped the ante as recruiting may be falling off.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 13:35   #130
Beacon of light

I thought it was 72. Maybe they have a way of 'repairing' things in heaven.
Old 20-05-2012, 13:58   #131
God Member

I have read a lot about near death experiences and out of body experiences.

The consensus is that after death 'you get what you expect'.

So they may well meet up with the virgins but will experience eternal frustration at having no 'tackle' to 'enjoy' them

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 14:07   #132
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
So they may well meet up with the virgins but will experience eternal frustration at having no 'tackle' to 'enjoy' them
And that's paradise is it ? Well they're welcome to it, probably end up blowing that up to the miserable barfturds !
Old 20-05-2012, 15:40   #133
God Member

Quote:
I thought it was 72. Maybe they have a way of 'repairing' things in heaven.
Like reassembling suicide bombers ... heaven's equivalent of the good, old-fashioned jigsaw puzzle
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..