Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2012, 17:46   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Child Exploitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Aw, shucks
Keep insulting me and everything could change, very very easily
Old 19-05-2012, 08:52   #107
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

taken from todays Telegraph, a voice that claims there is also a racial element despite what the PC & nay sayers would have.

Some Pakistani men see white women as 'fair game', says Baroness Warsi - Telegraph
Old 19-05-2012, 09:08   #108
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
taken from today's Telegraph, a voice that claims there is also a racial element despite what the PC & nay sayers would have.

Some Pakistani men see white women as 'fair game', says Baroness Warsi - Telegraph
Well Dave, Pakistani men treat their own women like second class citizens, they always walk one step behind, so I would think their perception of white women as fair game is about right
Old 19-05-2012, 09:20   #109
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well Dave, Pakistani men treat their own women like second class citizens, they always walk one step behind, so I would think their perception of white women as fair game is about right
It really is a cultural attitude & there is no way of denying the issue, by denial & ignoring the problems aren't faced & they will continue. The sooner the whiners & liberalists realise this & accept action needs to be taken instead of tacitly condoning the problems by passing them off as minor cultural differences the sooner things can be brought under control. It certainly doesn't help matters when their own won't face up to the problems & denounce those involved.
Old 19-05-2012, 09:24   #110
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It really is a cultural attitude & there is no way of denying the issue, by denial & ignoring the problems aren't faced & they will continue. The sooner the whiners & liberalists realise this & accept action needs to be taken instead of tacitly condoning the problems by passing them off as minor cultural differences the sooner things can be brought under control. It certainly doesn't help matters when their own won't face up to the problems & denounce those involved.
Think you've got that spot on Dave
Old 19-05-2012, 12:23   #111
Beacon of light

One mosque leader was reported to have said 'if you leave meat outside uncovered, and the cats eat it.....is the cat to blame'
So this muslim leader is comparing muslim men to animals......and white women to meat.
Not the best analogy....and perhaps it explains the Pakistani attitude to women.
Personally, I think the mosque leader did the muslim male community no favours and would have been better saying nothing.

The problems are ethnic, attitudinal and cultural....and until they are recognised as such, there isn't a hope in hell of sorting them out.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 13:15   #112
Senior Member+

When in Rome!
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 13:32   #113
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
When in Rome!
Well the majority of us have been saying that but, the dogooders think its us that should kowtow and we should change, from my point of view hell will freeze over first
Old 19-05-2012, 14:44   #114
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
One mosque leader was reported to have said 'if you leave meat outside uncovered, and the cats eat it.....is the cat to blame'
So if these cats get run over when they're out prowling ? The owners should have better control over their animals. Cuts both ways really.
Old 19-05-2012, 15:39   #115
Beacon of light

Well, that is one way of viewing it I suppose, but then, you are blaming those who were preyed on by these predatory males.
It is easy to blame the victims - and their families....but these men were adults and capable of determining that what they were doing was very wrong......plying (vulnerable) children with alcohol and drugs in order to assault them and steal their childhood.

Being run over is an accident...being sexually assaulted is not.

I think the analogy was very poor and coming from a muslim leader is even worse, it makes me think he isn't really bothered that what these men were doing was morally, ethically, and legally wrong.
Old 19-05-2012, 17:56   #116
Senior Member+

What would happen if the boot was on the other foot ?
Old 19-05-2012, 18:00   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A very very good question
Old 19-05-2012, 18:01   #118
Senior Member+

Answers Please
Old 19-05-2012, 18:16   #119
Beacon of light

Quote:
Well, in essence what the muslim leader was implying, was that the boot wouldn't be on the other foot, as they(the muslim community) make damn sure that they don't leave their meat(girls) out uncovered......for the cats to get at.

Their girls are chaperoned everywhere they go....which may account for some of the problems that muslim, testosterone fuelled males have, in satisfying their sexual needs.
Old 19-05-2012, 18:47   #120

I haven't added to this thread so far because I have professional involvement and didn't really want to add to it. All I can say is that this issue has been going on since at least 2004 and probably longer, and is certainly a cultural issue which is acknowledged although not publicly for obvious reasons. Until it is brought properly into the open it is unlikely to go away. How that can be done I don't know.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..