Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2012, 21:42   #91
God Member

Re: Child Exploitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
If it is to blame, then it is equally shared blame with all other religions. And Religion itself is a threat to world stability.
Are you serious? This is fortune cookie logic.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2012, 21:44   #92
Senior Member+

best post in this thread Eric.

Religion on a whole IS cookie logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Are you serious? This is fortune cookie logic.

Last edited by Restless; 13-05-2012 at 21:46.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 08:41   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
best post in this thread Eric.

Religion on a whole IS cookie logic.
Can't agree there Restless, BUT the way men perceive religion could qualify
Old 14-05-2012, 10:04   #94
Beacon of light

nail...head...hit....! Spot on John.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 10:53   #95
Senior Member+

Too many people use religion like a hammer to pound their hatred into everything they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Can't agree there Restless, BUT the way men perceive religion could qualify
Old 14-05-2012, 11:26   #96
Beacon of light

that is because they have interpreted the message to suit their own ends......rather than what the religion actually means.
I am spiritual rather than religious.........there is a vast difference.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 12:55   #97
Senior Member+

Yep vast. There is something i can appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
that is because they have interpreted the message to suit their own ends......rather than what the religion actually means.
I am spiritual rather than religious.........there is a vast difference.
Old 14-05-2012, 17:48   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Too many people use religion like a hammer to pound their hatred into everything they do.
To me its just the fanatics Restless, but because they get a lot of media coverage, it rubs of on the majority, when in fact its only a very small minority that are guilty
Old 14-05-2012, 20:23   #99
Senior Member+

Yeah I was kinda getting at that. Though perhaps not directly

Quote:
To me its just the fanatics Restless, but because they get a lot of media coverage, it rubs of on the majority, when in fact its only a very small minority that are guilty
Old 14-05-2012, 20:56   #100
God Member

Quote:
Problem with this argument is that, with islam, it is not only fanatics who are a threat, it is also the mainstream, who wish to form a parallel culture, based on religion, in countries which have at the core of their existence the separation of church and state, not to mention gender equality ...

One could apply the same argument to the Roman Catholic Church: it is only a few peadophile priests who are giving the whole church a bad name. Funny though, I don't think I've come accross this argument on AccyWeb.

And this "very small minority" seems to be stirring up a lot of feces in the world. I seem to remember that a lot of Germans brought up this argument after WWll ... the nazis were only a small minority ... Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebels, Borman, Mengele, and a half dozen others ... but they worked damned hard.

And Jaysay, if I get red korma for this, I will be sure to share it with you And I'll even get a nice white whine to go with it ... Canadian, of course.
Old 14-05-2012, 23:15   #101
Senior Member+

don't forget the naan bread and the hayteadoms

Quote:
Problem with this argument is that, with islam, it is not only fanatics who are a threat, it is also the mainstream, who wish to form a parallel culture, based on religion, in countries which have at the core of their existence the separation of church and state, not to mention gender equality ...

One could apply the same argument to the Roman Catholic Church: it is only a few peadophile priests who are giving the whole church a bad name. Funny though, I don't think I've come accross this argument on AccyWeb.

And this "very small minority" seems to be stirring up a lot of feces in the world. I seem to remember that a lot of Germans brought up this argument after WWll ... the nazis were only a small minority ... Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebels, Borman, Mengele, and a half dozen others ... but they worked damned hard.

And Jaysay, if I get red korma for this, I will be sure to share it with you And I'll even get a nice white whine to go with it ... Canadian, of course.
Old 15-05-2012, 09:03   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Ya won't get it from me Eric, I only give red to people I don't like
Old 15-05-2012, 12:29   #103
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
There was a program on TV about this, might have been last week. It is disgusting the way the Catholic Church had ignored and worse, covered it up for so long. This particular program was about the Catholic Church in Ireland.
Old 15-05-2012, 15:08   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
There was a program on TV about this, might have been last week. It is disgusting the way the Catholic Church had ignored and worse, covered it up for so long. This particular program was about the Catholic Church in Ireland.
Agree with you about the cover up ... but if one tries to keep in mind that the Catholic Church leadership is no different from most other governments, then it shouldn't be surprising. And we all know that governments, even the wurst ones, are adept at covering their asses.

(Couldn't resist the Jaysayism, esp. given the nationality of the current Holy Father)
Old 15-05-2012, 16:44   #105
God Member

Quote:
Ya won't get it from me Eric, I only give red to people I don't like

Aw, shucks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..