Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2012, 10:01   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Child Exploitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
which childrens home on Whalley road.......are you referring to Dyke Nook?

It hasn't been a childrens home for quite a while now. It is in private ownership.
I don't know when LCC discontinued the use as a childrens home. I think the question was asked in another thread.
Well I used to inspect Dyke Nook on a regular basis before it closed as a children's home, as a member of the Social Services Liaison committee, there certainly wasn't anything untoward going on in those days
Old 13-05-2012, 13:46   #77

I think the one being mentioned was at the bottom of Whalley Road on the left as you are going up, it's been closed for some time now.
Dyke Nook has been closed for going on ten years.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 18:01   #78
Resting in Peace

Looks like Trevor Philips has stirred it up this morning, he's pointed the finger at the Muslim community saying people have been turning a blind eye to this grooming
Old 13-05-2012, 18:32   #79
Beacon of light

He is right, but because he is a man who is coloured, there will be no call racism....that cannot be right. All honest, healthy discussion of any subject is quashed once someone cries racism.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 19:52   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Rape in Islam

As a total none religious person-- I am not advocating anything by posting this link. But knowledge is powerful. And by reading this(though some comes across as dubious), can one honestly say that Islam is to blame for all these sex offenders?

It says women should be respected, ETC. But yet so many of these Asian men have no respect for women whats so ever. But then again so many English I have met don't either.
I think that these guys went way beyond having no respect. I suppose, also, there are men, maybe some posting on here, who fantasize about having sex with young girls ... but that's a far cry from plying a thirteen year old with booze and drungs, and then making her the female lead in a gang bang.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 20:45   #81
Senior Member+

To do all these things is against Islam. So is Islam to blame for them acting this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think that these guys went way beyond having no respect. I suppose, also, there are men, maybe some posting on here, who fantasize about having sex with young girls ... but that's a far cry from plying a thirteen year old with booze and drungs, and then making her the female lead in a gang bang.
Old 13-05-2012, 20:52   #82
Beacon of light

The religion is not to blame......it is the men who are of that religion, who are to blame.

Somehow it seems that by being muslims they considered themselves to be of better morals/ character than these girls....they saw these girls as worthless - of having no value. Perhaps they didn't see them as women....well, of course they weren't women ...they were children.
I wonder if the fathers among them, had any thought about how they would feel if someone did what they were doing, to their children.
Old 13-05-2012, 21:04   #83
Senior Member+

If Islamic law was in place in this country(a scary thought in itself) these guys wouldn't of committed this crime. In Pakistan committing this kind of crime they would be stoned to death(or whipped one hundred times???) from what I can gather from info posted here Pakistan -- Age of Consent

perhaps they should be sent to a country where Islamic law is in place and have their punishment dealt to them
Old 13-05-2012, 21:09   #84
God Member

Quote:
To do all these things is against Islam. So is Islam to blame for them acting this way?
In a word, "yes." Islam and the culture, politics, and laws it spawned is to blame. And it is also the most serious threat to world stability since "Trinity". And if it isn't to blame, what is
Old 13-05-2012, 21:13   #85
Beacon of light

Quote:
If Islamic law was in place in this country(a scary thought in itself) these guys wouldn't of committed this crime. In Pakistan committing this kind of crime they would be stoned to death(or whipped one hundred times???) from what I can gather from info posted here Pakistan -- Age of Consent

perhaps they should be sent to a country where Islamic law is in place and have their punishment dealt to them
I don't think they would have been considered to have committed a crime - for rape to be confirmed it has to be witnessed by three men.......and it would be the girl who was stoned to death, not the men...or at least that is my understanding.
Old 13-05-2012, 21:19   #86
Beacon of light

Our own attitudes and PC-ism have to be called into question too.
The police were too afraid of being labelled racist to pursue the cases with the vigour they deserved....they knew what was going on, but it was bad publicity for the muslim community......who also wanted it kept out of the public view.
Even now there are those in the muslim community who are in denial.
The MP Keith Vaz still says this was not a racist/ethnic crime....yet Trevor Phillips the head of the Racial Equality commission says that it is...only a coloured man could get away with saying that.
Old 13-05-2012, 21:20   #87
Senior Member+

No the woman would be the victim so why would she be stoned to death?? the info on that page is a little confusing. But in my theorized picture of sending of these men to an Islamic country to be served punishment, in this case the English girls won't be under scrutiny. Because they are not applicable to their laws and wouldn't be sent. Science can prove the men are all guilty.

And they can't have sex out of marriage in any form. In the extreme case all of them would be executed, including the woman. That is my understanding of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think they would have been considered to have committed a crime - for rape to be confirmed it has to be witnessed by three men.......and it would be the girl who was stoned to death, not the men...or at least that is my understanding.
Old 13-05-2012, 21:32   #88
Beacon of light

That is the way it is...the woman is stoned because she has seduced the man...overcome him with her body...made him unable to resist those male urges.
Three men have to witness a rape and testify against the man who committed the act....and even if this happens it is the woman who is stoned.
There was a very sad case in Saudi where a widow was raped by her brother in law and she was stoned to death.
Old 13-05-2012, 21:36   #89
Senior Member+

If it is to blame, then it is equally shared blame with all other religions. And Religion itself is a threat to world stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
In a word, "yes." Islam and the culture, politics, and laws it spawned is to blame. And it is also the most serious threat to world stability since "Trinity". And if it isn't to blame, what is
Old 13-05-2012, 21:41   #90
God Member

This is the Islam I'm talking about:

Normalizing the Kingston Honor Killings | FrontPage Magazine

I think that someone posted about the new Dutch attitude to Islamic immigration. The point that struck me was that Islamic immigrants were forming a parallel culture. This is the threat. It's a culture which is not British, not English.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..