Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2011, 09:14   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: The Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
They posted they worked for 'the council'.
Ya for 40 years the council (Hyndburn hasn't been in existans that long
Old 29-09-2011, 10:04   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya for 40 years the council (Hyndburn hasn't been in existans that long
garinda got it correct, I worked for THE COUNCIL for 40 years, Accrington coporation before that.
so jaysay if in doubt read the instuctions, you always seemed like a nice bloke when we spoke on the phone and you were very pleasant when we shook hands.
I think this thread has attracted some shapers and movers, and yes I did put time in for nothing, attending evening meetings and working past closing time , ask gjones he used to come in my office late fridays and apart from the cleaners we were the only ones there.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 10:58   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
garinda got it correct, I worked for THE COUNCIL for 40 years, Accrington coporation before that.
so jaysay if in doubt read the instuctions, you always seemed like a nice bloke when we spoke on the phone and you were very pleasant when we shook hands.
I think this thread has attracted some shapers and movers, and yes I did put time in for nothing, attending evening meetings and working past closing time , ask jones he used to come in my office late fridays and apart from the cleaners we were the only ones there.
Its quite obvious you have one up on me, as you seem to know me, which is always an advantage, when in this sort of debate, if you don't want to reveal your Identity on here, which is quite understandable, send me a PM so I'm not shooting in the dark, doing that sometimes means you miss the intended target
Old 29-09-2011, 13:27   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its quite obvious you have one up on me, as you seem to know me, which is always an advantage, when in this sort of debate, if you don't want to reveal your Identity on here, which is quite understandable, send me a PM so I'm not shooting in the dark, doing that sometimes means you miss the intended target
the names the same, and i introduced myself to you at a mayors inorguration (cant remember which one but it was a few years ago now), which in light of the thread topic could suggest I know what I am talking about, possibly, well I might, then again im not sure, ok i dont,
I am typing this in crayon as i am not allowed anything sharp in here.

ok nurse Ill get back in bed.

if i made an instantly forgetable impression and you havent a clue who i am then i will send a pm, I will have to talk to my therapist first though.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 18:04   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
the names the same, and i introduced myself to you at a mayors inorguration (cant remember which one but it was a few years ago now), which in light of the thread topic could suggest I know what I am talking about, possibly, well I might, then again im not sure, ok i dont,
I am typing this in crayon as i am not allowed anything sharp in here.

ok nurse Ill get back in bed.

if i made an instantly forgetable impression and you havent a clue who i am then i will send a pm, I will have to talk to my therapist first though.
Well I've only been to one Mayoral do since 1993 that was 2000 when Doug Hayes was Mayor, on that occasion I met quite a few Officers who I had spoken to often on the phone over preceding years, you must have worked in the Works Department or Environmental Health, so a PM might help
Old 19-11-2011, 17:49   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I know the Labour Party wants to democratise in the fairest sense
Yeah, ok.

I believe you.

It's just the other '95%' you've got to convince.

Quote:
A referendum is fine by me.
Quote:
I personally have no objection to a simple in out vote. Settles the issue democratically.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post939097

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-59650.html

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 19:35   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yeah, ok.

I believe you.

It's just the other '95%' you've got to convince.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post939097

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-59650.html
Well our MP had the opportunity to explain himself in the Observer this weekend in his column, did he, did he hell, the whole column was is usual lets attack to government, telling the good people of Hyndburn just how the the country was being mismanaged bla bla bla bla, if I wanted diatribe like that I'd buy the Mirror, Guardian and Independent every morning. His column might have been put to better use, like explain why we thought he should deny those who elected him the right to have a say on Europe and why he put party before people, instead of the unadulterated crap he decided to bore the pants of every one with

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..