Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2005, 18:49   #1
God Member

The New Europe

As some of you may know, accession talks have already started to admit Bulgaria and Romania into the fold of European Nations known as the European Union. Isn't that exciting?

These are countries which are dominated by the Orthodox Church, which is full of old time religionists - Hurrah! People who believe in the literal truth of that most wonderful of books The Holy Bible. They are also countries who have strived against grinding poverty and the benefits of totalitarian communism to preserve their medieval way of life. Good for them I say.

You may now be as excited as I am to realise that in a few short years the peoples of these two countries will have the right to settle and work and claim state benefits right here in the UK! Oh won't it be wonderful and inclusive and colourful! I am sure that they will want to bring elements of their quaint medieval lifestyle and religious beliefs with them too. Oh the sheer diversity of it all leaves me quite light-headed.

As it happens, and to whet your appetite a little I came across this heartwarming little story tucked away in an unlit corner of the BBC website.

I hope you enjoy it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4107524.stm

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 20-06-2005 at 18:51.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2005, 19:52   #2
God Member

Re: The New Europe

Errrmmm, there is this too.....I think Less might be interested in this....

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...509755,00.html

Old 20-06-2005, 20:34   #3

I wish they would keep turning there application into the EU away because its sooooooooooo cheap. I went to bulgaria and romania last year and going back this year. Well, i gotta get my monies worth before they turn to euros
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 20:48   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob

You may now be as excited as I am to realise that in a few short years the peoples of these two countries will have the right to settle and work and claim state benefits right here in the UK!

Don't forget we will be entitled to 'go native' over there as well, which apart from the ripping open of the chest cavity, the stakes, the garlic oh, and the heart-burn really does sound appealing.

Walks away singing:-

My kind of town Marotinu de Sus is,
My kind of town.........

Last edited by Less; 20-06-2005 at 22:09.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 21:26   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

That was a heartwarming story AB, lets get into the UK as soon as possible because we certainly need more people like that.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:32   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm speechless on this subject it gets me into trouble.
Old 21-06-2005, 06:53   #7
God Member

Buy your property there now before the prices go skywards. If they get in and go Euro you will make serious money.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 09:13   #8
Resident Waffler

I was just thinking what a nice bit of variety that would bring, until I read the articles. They'll be after you Less!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..