Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2010, 22:38   #1
God Member

the tories cant blame labour now

george osborne says britain will help ireland anyway it can .in what way can britain help ireland is this admission that labour was right to prop up the british economy and actually saved bilions of pounds of tax payers money. ater all this was caused by a worldwide recession
Old 17-11-2010, 22:45   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: the tories cant blame labour now

not a good title fer a thread mate. of course they can n will blame labour. if wills n kate get divorced when they wed its labours fault, yeh should know that!
Old 17-11-2010, 22:56   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
george osborne says britain will help ireland anyway it can .in what way can britain help ireland is this admission that labour was right to prop up the british economy and actually saved bilions of pounds of tax payers money. ater all this was caused by a worldwide recession
They've already started... they shipped Norman Lamont (the worst Chancellor this country ever had) on Newsnight, and he was yapping on about the last government.
The tories vilified labour for bailing out British banks, yet they seem more that willing to bail out the Irish bankers.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 05:41   #4
God Member

Notice that since this malarky in Euroland started the urge to join the Euro has gone. If Greece Ireland and Portugal collapse then the great USE might well go under. I want to know why in this time of cutbacks the gov have money to bail out the Irish? This neighbour cowpats cuts no ice with me. Are the gov hoping that riding to the rescue of Euroland members it will curry favour? I think they are blind to the reality of it all.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 06:16   #5
God Member

so how many sacks of potatoes are we sending exactly ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 08:54   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

this is a typical move from cheating lying *******, whose only intent is to put the working class back were it belongs, in the gutter. it would be just as incredible if people are surprised.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:16   #7
Resting in Peace

Unfortunately the government have little choice seeing Labour signed up to the European Charter, which states member states will bail struggling economies out, that's the charter which Brown, although promising a referendum, renegade on Labours promise and signed it anyway
Old 18-11-2010, 09:30   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Unfortunately the government have little choice seeing Labour signed up to the European Charter, which states member states will bail struggling economies out, that's the charter which Brown, although promising a referendum, renegade on Labours promise and signed it anyway
Why? i'm sure theres nowt says we have to bail the irish banks out.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:36   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why? i'm sure theres nowt says we have to bail the irish banks out.
Think you'll find there is and the Greeks and the Spanish and the, well all member countries who get into dire financial difficulties, the problems in Ireland are starting to backfire on other European economies aiding recovery that's why the EU are urging action
Old 18-11-2010, 09:38   #10
Resting in Peace

At least Brown, when Chancellor, had the sense to keep out of the single currency or it would be costing a hell of a sight more.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:41   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i cannot accept when our services are being cut, funds can be available fer this purpose.
Old 18-11-2010, 10:00   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i cannot accept when our services are being cut, funds can be available fer this purpose.
I can't except paying anything to Europe myself, but life's a bitch
Old 18-11-2010, 10:29   #13
God Member

it was explained to me the other day that wee Gideon Osborne is trying to pull a bit of a fast one here, and I must say I hope he succeeds. Aparently, because we are liable to pay out for so many EU rescue funds etc. It makes some sense to dole out the cash to a member state that is close to us and where the cash will do the UK and its exports some good as opposed to doling our hard earned out to the rest of the PIIGS where it will do the UK very little good.

Having said that, I still think that it is wrong for the UK to be bailing out any of the profligate EU member states. After all, no one comes riding to our rescue when we get in a mess. The sooner the Euro crashes, and the EU with it, the better. It will be messy for a while but at least we will be back in charge of our own destiny again.
Old 18-11-2010, 10:33   #14
Super Moderator

Matthew Sinclair - Director of the TaxPayers' Alliance - said:

"It is a shame that Ireland is paying such a heavy price for the huge mistake of joining the Euro. British taxpayers don't want to see their money poured into a black hole trying to bail out that failed project, though, particularly with money so tight here at home. They rejected the Euro and shouldn't be forced to pay for other people's mistakes. The Euro is fundamentally broken and Ireland needs to leave, not be railroaded into a bailout by politicians who are more interested in pursuing political integration than sustainable economic policy. The Government need to reject this deal or they will be betraying the interests of British taxpayers."

Ruth Lea - Economic Adviser, Arbuthnot Banking Group and member of the TaxPayers' Alliance Academic Advisory Council - said:

"The eurozone cannot work with such disparate economies. Putting aside the current financial crisis, it is hard to see how Ireland, for example, can recover economically. As one of our major trading partners this is bad news for us. At some point, the EU will have to come to terms with the exit of some of their members – the sooner the better. Of course there are implications for the banks – but better to deal with their problems directly rather than struggle with propping up the unsustainable."
Old 18-11-2010, 11:05   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That old chestnut won't wash this time... Britian has signed nothing that makes us liable to bail out the Irish...we are not involved in the Eurozone which has it's own massive funds to deal with the problems with Greece and Ireland. Any contribution made by this government will be thier own decision... even golden boy Osbourn has made that clear.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..